Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Your 214 says your primary MOS is 68W and you have no secondary MOSs or ASIs, but somehow you've been slotted as an aircraft maintainer. Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Has anyone said there was any major issue with running/pushups/situps? I get that it's been around for a while, but the APFT just exists to give a commander a general idea about the level of fitness in his unit. I've never used it as some kind of end all/be all test of total physical fitness, and I don't think it should be.

It has. Permanent profiles are fine now and the alternate events are in. The exact standards for the alternate events are what's got to get nailed down.

Level of fitness to do what exactly?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

As an actual semi-legitimate fitness professional with a degree in the field (lol), one of the actual kinda meaningful certifications (CSCS, kinda lol), and some decent accomplishments both personal and from clients:

Every single loving rear end-backwards aspect of the military's physical fitness culture and praxis can suck my loving dick from the back. There are zero redeeming aspects to any of it until you get to JSOC level resources, and any half measure bullshit anyone tries to implement (Army PRT drills) is immediately rendered worthless the second it's implemented.