Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I made a caprese-style chickencheese because I don't think I have ever made a chickencheese, despite enjoying the OG thread. I butterflied a couple of boring chicken breasts, cooked them in a frying pan with a little oil, and finished them in the oven. Before that, I reduced some balsamic vinegar and tossed in some quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped basil. On top of a split whole-grain hoagie roll, I put some fresh (pressed to remove moisture) mozz along with butter and garlic and broiled it until the cheese got a bit melty. On top of the cheese went the boring chicken. In a trench in the top went the caprese-inspired little salad and a bit more vinegar later. It was pretty tasty, though ugly. The breasts are (again) butterflied, so those aren't two big whole pieces of meat. The sandwich was split in half and shared with my wife.

I went with breast meat because my ol' doggo Bridget was recently diagnosed with cancer and has to take a bunch of pills (hospice care, really). I gotta mix the pills up with stuff she'll eat, though I gotta keep it fairly lean. So I chopped up the other meat and mixed in a couple crushed pills along with some light sour cream and a little mozzarella and she ate it up. Her chickencheese wound up being a pile of white inside a blue bowl, so if you thought my food was boring looking, I'll spare you that photo lol. But here's the old girl (on the right), with her littermate brother Hugo last month. They both turned 10 in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU