Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

aw shucks made a chicken-cheese-stromboli yesterday but thought the weekend included monday for CFB
I'm making an open faced everything baked in the pan chickencheese later today for the same reason. Also because my weekend is Sunday/Monday which puts me one day off from everyone else.

Already took some pictures too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
My open faced all-in-one baked chickencheese:

Last night I started the bread, making no-knead bread dough following this recipe: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html with 200 grams each of whole wheat and all purpose flour. It sat overnight in a bowl with a wet hand towel suspended over it instead of cling wrap.

Then I salted and peppered boneless skinless chicken thighs to dry brine overnight.

I looked for a spot for it in the fridge, then put the phone down to do some fridge Tetris and it got in there eventually.

Today I cut up an onion and some bell peppers in big chunks, added whole mushrooms, and put them on the grill with the chicken.

I made white pizza sauce with this recipe https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/256746/white-pizza-sauce/ but didn't take pictures because I was grilling. Here are the sliced veggies, chopped chicken, grated mozzarella, and sauce ready to go.

Following the recipe at the top, dough is in a cast iron pan, then topped with sauce, toppings, and cheese. Put some heat under the pan while topping, then put the whole thing in an oven cranked to 500f.

10 minutes later, behold!

Blurry action shot of side profile.

One thing left:

Done.

Congratulations Tigers on your Championship, whichever Tiger team it happens to be.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mentholmoose posted:

Not pictured, the literal pound of chicken I have left over to do stuff with.
This is the hidden secret of chickencheese. Why make one when you can make two at twice the chicken :)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
posting to request a gang tag when one is established

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

chkchz, buffalo pizza style

put oil at the bottom of a cast-iron, and then for extra fat-kid acumen, put in minced garlic, salt, and oregano. this is important.

if you seasoned the pan like I told you to you loving idiot you should have a bready chewy crust that is seasoned like garlic bread and tastes like it because that's what your tongue hits. do this to all your pan pizzas from now on you gluttonous gently caress
This is a good idea and I will do so from now on.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 2, 2020