Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’m in, and in fact just got back from my store run for this. Cooking tonight, posting tonight or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

oh my god this is so good

pictures and writeup tomorrow, I can barely keep my eyes open to watch the Ravens get clowned

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

If I understand recipe websites correctly, I’m supposed to start this with a long, drawn-out story, right? [insert ad here] I tried to explain ChickenCheese to my ladyfriend and she didn’t see the humor in it. She’s one of those normal, not-extremely-online people. She also compares the forums to the comment section of a local newspaper. [insert ad here]

Bob Socko's Gameday ChickenCheese

Anyway, here’s my setup. Gonna try and use my cooking gadgets for a change, and also because less work = more time to watch football.

Used the Cuisinart to chop the onions and peppers.

Olive oil, salt, and pepper on the chicken breasts.

Briefly seared the breasts on each side, mere seconds on high heat. I could use the Instapot for this, but I prefer a skillet for the higher temperature and larger cooking area.

Tossed the breasts in the Instapot with a cup of chicken broth. Manual cook, 10 minutes, quick release.

A few minutes before the Instapot is done, I sautéed the onions and peppers with some olive oil and garlic.

I’m not doing anything fancy with the bread. Just a grocery store loaf of French bread, toasted a bit.

Once the chicken is done, I take it out and slice it.

(forgot to photograph this part, just pretend it's a chicken breast being sliced)

Make your sandwich, whatever proportions you want. Drape with cheese. Get back to watching the game.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 12, 2020