Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Intended to do this while still in D&D but I finally figured out where I can get vital wheat gluten around here so I've got a seitan buffalo "chicken" mac and cheese sandwich coming up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

alnilam posted:

You bastard you stole my exact plan

ha, fortunately for you I'm combining together not one but TWO recipes recipes i've never made before so yours will probably be better than mine is

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I did get my chickencheese done, just mistakenly thought I had all day to post it. Will get the images uploaded and my chickencheese written up after work.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Buffalo "Chicken" Mac and Cheese Sandwich
"Chicken" and Buffalo Mac and Cheese Sandwich

Seitan stuff! Generally I prefer making seitan made from scratch instead of the vital wheat gluten shortcut, but that involves rinsing out the starch and since there's a lot of the flavoring that's supposed to make this kinda like chicken mixed into the seitan dough from the start I'd be rinsing that out to so not this time.

Anyway, mix it with vegetable broth whisked with a little bit of olive oil, knead it for a while, you've seen the seitan process from a couple other people already.

The result.

Steam it in aluminum foil, I didn't take any pictures of this part.

Also you've been drinking Ace Pineapple Cidar this whole time.

Wow you can't at all tell that that's macaroni but cook up some macaroni.

Ripped up seitan and macaroni in a crock pot.

The recipe I was using as a base's cheese and other dairy.

Mixed all up with the macaroni and seitan. At this point I realized the recipe i was using as a base would have cooked the chicken with the hot sauce in the first place but I ended up having to throw it in now because of course my seitan recipe didn't tell me to add hot sauce it didn't know I needed at any point. Doing this again would have probably put it inside the aluminum foil with the seitan while steaming, as is I ended up with my buffalo "chicken" being the least buffalo-y part of my buffalo "chicken" mac and cheese. "Chicken" and buffalo mac and cheese more like i guess.

The result!

At this point I realized I forgot to get hoagies so it's just on some sourdough. Was still good, but more structurally sound when I forgot to get Hoagies.