Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Behold, the Back to the Future-cheese

Our story starts last February, but I didn't feel like digging for the pictures of seed starting because they look like every other seed starting photo you've ever seen. But I knew then that one day this :effort: would be worth it, and that's what I told myself when I time traveled to the past to tell the story of Chicken-cheese.

Instead, behold the chile plants.

These chile plants contain hot chile peppers. Some of the hottest known to humanity. These aren't them, because I didn't have pictures of them in July. So instead have some pictures of Caribbean Reds. They're important too.

Eventually, I was able to pick those chiles and some of the Carolina Reaper too (also pictured, Datil, Cayenne, Korean Dark Green-yes, they're red)

Those chiles were made into these sauces and a whole lot more.

This is important because chicken sandwiches need some flavor love, and there's just so much love sweet peppers and onions can give.

In the Chicago thread, there is much talk about a city's bread game. So much talk that one would suppose that every other city has none. So I have to at least attempt to have game, and I think I do. Here's the money shots of the bread being made. Visit at your own peril, because they'll talk your pages off about bread (and pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs, and pretty much everything food related--It's a surprise everyone isn't just rolling around here).

Beer shot, because you shouldn't make this without something to drink. You might get parched.

Get to the mise already. I flatted those thighs too. Big chunks of chicken are just going to take too long to cook and make it fall apart when trying to eat it.

Cook it hot, then wrap it all up and forget to take pictures of it going into the oven in its blanket so the cheese gets nice and melty.

Don't forget to have some more bad ideas.

Then have one more bad idea the next day, because it was a little boring the night before. Add some chile sauce and some Mexican creme to take it up a notch.

Much better the second day.

So very glad I went back to last February to start those chile seeds. You'd think I would have gone full in and grow my own wheat and chickens too, but I live in a big city and I don't want my neighbors to think I'm too strange. Also my wife said no, and there are some things that time travel just cannot change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

I was not sure how this was going to turn out, but by the end I would eat that and all the little bits that get left on the griddle.

But I'm pretty sure that I might eat all that sausage in about a week and then immediately regret nothing.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Great minds, eh? I started making bagels on Saturday and baked them off yesterday morning. So I made a Bagel Chickencheese for breakfast today. Only I had a kitchen, but I still take bad phone photos.