Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

On this last night of chickencheese, I present you with Korean Fire Chickencheese, aka Cheese Buldak
The recipe comes from Maangchi, who has inspired me to give Korean home cooking a shot.

Peep this mis en place

Lacking the recommended rice syrup, I subbed in everyone's favorite sweetener - maple syrup.

Let's make a paste!

We've got hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, a touch of pepper and veggie oil, some soy sauce, minced garlic and ginger (that How Wonderful! kindly minced for me), and that sweet, sweet maple syrup.

Chicken chop

Chicken bop

God forbid we let any of that goodness go to waste, so I'm gonna swish a little water around in the bowl and also pour it into the pan.

Cook that spicy boy up on the stove top using a dutch oven lid, because it also makes for a drat fine pan.

Awww yisss

BUT WHERE IS THE CHEESE?
BOOM

Broil that badboy and you get this:

Jazz 'er up

This ended up being dinner because I'm lazy and really, what more do you need?

I lied, the sauce was so spicy-sweet-good that I dumped the rest of the sauce on some leftover fried rice. My dog was judging me the whole time.

And thus, the chicken has been cheesed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

I would very much like a gangtag!

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Grand Fromage posted:

As a former resident of Korea, let me make a suggestion for anyone learning Korean food: https://www.koreanbapsang.com/

Maangchi's recipes are, at best, mediocre. Bapsang's stuff tastes exactly like it does at a good restaurant in Korea.

(also into a gang tag)

Oh this is rad, thanks for the recommendation.