Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
That’s so good it’s rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Also gently caress incoming cool chat related chicken cheese incoming shout out to work crew on this one.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Hey everyone. I got in an argument with Work crew over how racist bon apetit after going down one of the crazier rabbit holes I've been in, and have been working with Sohla recipes. She's great check her out! I also was inspired to show off the best subforum on the forums the Cool Chat Crew Central. Everyone's been drama free for like ever, we're all loving chill as hell and everyone is welcome hell yeah. The only prerequisite is that you hate work and even that's up for debate and it's probably the best place in the world if you've been freed from the shackles of work.

With all that said, I decided to make a cool chaat chicken cheese

I took a mixture of cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and ajwain seeds, toasted them and added them to a mortar and pestle. To that added kala namak powder (little too much woops), salt, tamarind powder, kashmiri red chili powder, and some citric acid, and ground it up.

I took a half chicken, coated it in the mixture, put it in a zip lock with some additional thai chilis, then added yogurt and buttermilk. It does poo poo to the enzymes to tenderize it, while adding nice flavor, and let it marinate overnight.

Next up I made a praata to hold my chick cheese in. I made a simple dough with flour water oil and salt, mixed it together until sticky but together, then let it rest for an hour

Then rolled out an 1/8th of the dough as thin as possible, and added Ghee to the dough

Then in a technique Sohla El-Waylly does in this recipe that i'm not going to attempt to truely explain (look here for an example https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2018/07/paratha-flaky-south-asian-flatbread.html) rolls the dough over itself untill it is a long tube, curls it over itsself, then stacks it. This will create layers so it'll come out flaky.

Over time i got better at this you can tell by which ones are tighter and looser. These rested for an hour.

Next I set the oven at 500 degrees, put the chicken onto a pan and cooked it for about 40 minutes. I waited for the breast to read 150 and the thigh to read 170. I let this rest for 20 minutes.

Then took the dough that was rolled earlier, and rolled it out with a rolling pin until wide enough to fit into my pan. I fried it at medium high in some Ghee until crispy.

I then chopped up the chicken breast and thigh and combined them. It's juicy and very tender thanks to the marinade and letting it rest for a little bit. I also chopped some feta because of it's tendency to be the coolest cheese. It's there, but is it?

Off screen I made a raita. It's a yogurt sauce with cucumbers, cilantro, a nice dose of chaat masala and some cilantro and chilis.

I then put it all together. Chicken, cheese, raita!!!

It came out really well! I truly recommend at least trying one of these recipes out for yourself it's worth it.

And there it is, the cool chaat chicken cheese. Shout outs to work crew go check it out, and in my finest workcrew moment look at me poo poo posting while not at work on a monday hell yeah.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Yeah definitely hook me up

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Who’s gunna write the chickenchese cookbook?