Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Aww, I make a buffalo chickencheese on the reg that gets people FROM Buffalo all nostalgic, why’s this gotta happen while I’m out of town.

A post’s a post, so I’ll figure something out before time’s up.

AmiYumi fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I know I missed the weekend and its theme by being away, and I don't care because buffalo chicken is delicious so I made Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza for the first time btw anyway:

Our ingredients, assembled. Some of them are unconventional, and will be explained later. None of them are mandarin oranges. Those are mine, hands off.

First sous-chef appears, ready and waiting in the doorway.

Boil the chicken, skim off the scum as it rises, blah blah you all know how to do this. I used to use chicken stock for this part, but from experience it literally doesn't matter unless you're trying to make this a one-pot recipe.

Sous-chef two here, contemplating spider theft.

Here's where I get weird and defensive! See, I know most of you swear by Frank's Red Hot. That is fine; if it works for your purposes, keep using it. My opinion is, I'm making my own buffalo sauce, so I want the most barebones Louisiana hot sauce I can find. If it has more ingredients than cayenne peppers and distilled vinegar in a plastic bottle - hell, if it manages to spell all of that correctly - it is too fancy for our purposes. Bulliard's would be ideal, but this knock-off is the best I could find on short notice.

Weird rant over. Proportions always start around 3:2 sauce:butter, but then I end up futzing with the heat until it ends up at 2:1. It is a fun lie I tell to myself.

If you are wondering what the sous-chefs are up to at any point in the rest of this recipe, picture this in a yin-yang rotation as I shred the chicken and toss it into a pot, then pour in the sauce.

Like so.

This is the point where I had buffalo chicken.

This is also the point where I began to question if I had too much buffalo chicken.

We are not done.

Because the title is not "chicken". It is chickencheese. Chicken, meet Neufchâtel.

They are friends now.

Pizza it out. Sprinkle that mozzarella, give it a bake.

French Bread Pizza is done. Not sure why I hadn't tried this before, it's good.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Failure looks delicious

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Well, now that we're in Debate & Discussion, let's address the serious issues of conservation and food waste. See, I made way too much buffalo chickencheese for just one dinner, so it's time to reuse and reimagine.

Scooping it into wonton wrappers brushed with oil, which makes this a multicultural dish - echoing our modern world.

Topped with the cheddar-jack I definitely didn't forget last time (itself a fusion), the rustic cut bringing to mind a time before this capitalist society made everything so standard and cookie-cutter.

With both a melting pot (of chickencheese) and a salad, this dinner truly represents the American Way.