Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

I would absolutely love to see Soma Cruz, the sorrow games were my favorite out of the IGA-era, but I'd definitely want a proper build up.

The conversation has moved on but hear me out.

Richter. 1999. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

He would've been dead for a LONG time by then sir. I think you mean Julius. A

rip. I did.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

I can’t wait to see the new Pixar movie

Is that frog kid t posing?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just saying none of this is unique to China, a famous figure got singled out for something everyone does because she stepped out of line and didn't have the right friends

gently caress off with this whataboutism.

Every criticism of China doesn't need to be paired with "yeah but the west is bad too". Unless the Chinese government is actively forcing you to post in which case continue on I guess.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Now I want to watch Big bang theory, but the laughtrack is replaced by that violin shock note instead.

Not Big Bang Theory but here you go.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

I fell off from OP over a decade ago

Are there any signs that it’s finally getting to the end?

Captain Invictus posted:

my dude

lol, my dude.

this is not even remotely true. he said there was probably like 5 years left a few years ago. the last couple arcs have been extremely "wrapping up loose ends and tying up long term payoffs".

now is a very good time to hop back in and start binging it, imo. the Viz manga reader app lets you read 100 chapters of anything a day for like 2 bucks a month, definitely get that because it's also got tons of other great series available.

As someone who dropped it about a decade ago and caught up on the manga recently this is pretty accurate. It's wild seeing stuff set up twenty plus years ago paid off and actually be cool.

Also that app is a loving steal. One of the best cost:benefit ratios in media subscriptions these days.

They finally showed Shanks fighting.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Apparently it's by the group of NFT bros who bought the copyright to the 90s Medabots anime then got laughed out of court when they tried to C&D the active Medabots stuff in Japan.

So uh cool trailer but wouldn't get your hopes up.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

All mermaids are just born evil, it's science.

They canonically lack souls.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

Matt Mercer was also given the same kind of instructions for DudeShep so his Shepard sounds bored or completely detached while Jennifer Hale was allowed to emote, so by the third game, her Shepard sounds like someone under a fuckton of stress and suffering.

Mark Meer not Matt Mercer (for once). He's a lot better in 3 since people complained and they let him emote like Hale by then.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Koramei posted:

Seriously, I finally watched Spider-Man the other day and the trailers made me want to pull my hair out.

I feel like part of it is they’re still trying to sell us on spectacle. But I feel like spectacle is meaningless now? I’m no longer impressed by an explosion, or a big bombastic CG thing. We passed the point of it being technically challenging half a decade ago. These days an action set piece is made by its context, its emotional payoff; the actual act isn’t what makes it interesting. Trailers that are just a string of contextless action shots, set to obnoxiously loud music (the volume for the trailers was like 50% more than the actual movie; why do they do that?)… I mean they’re just poo poo, actively counterproductive imo.

Gotta say it threw into relief for me that the bar for impressive visuals is an order of magnitude beyond what it used to be. I rewatched the old Indiana jones movies recently and the ark scene is way more visually engaging than any CG effect I’ve scene in a long time.

I'll say spectacle can still be great and a draw for it's own sake but it's no longer about scale or visual fidelity but about choreography and cinematography. The stuff that can't be brute forced by overworking and underpaying more 3d animators.

Hence why the action scenes in Last Wish were such a draw even without context.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, you can't make a bad movie on purpose, audiences can strangely tell. The true bad greats are ones that (at least some of) the cast & crew were giving it their best and their best was just bad, whether it be to inexperience or just a garbage story/script/etc.

Paraphrasing Rich Evans "for a bad movie to be fun to watch, they have to have tried".

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Michael Cera is hilarious man

Has anyone said he's not? The main complaint has been he didn't really fit Scott as he was in the comic. Which he well. Didn't.

I don't really think it's a problem since the interpretation Cera went with fits the role and arc fine too. But it's pretty different.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I mean cartoony super villain is a role Jim Carrey was born to play. I literally can't think of a better guy to play a robot building mad scientist obsessed with killing a super fast hedgehog, dude nails the part and managed to be equal parts hilarious and genuinely threatening in a classic Disney villain way. Bravo, no notes.

Here's a something I think about : The existence of Ugly Sonic also implies the existence of Ugly Tails. Think about it: the movie was essentially finished with that design, and Tails has a cameo at the end, so there must have been a 3D Tails model with that same design aesthetic as Ugly Sonic made. I bet it's terrifying, would love to see that Ugly Tails 3D model piece of lost media recovered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoned_Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some of the best villains are the ones who are actually pretty mediocre people who just happen to have gotten their hands on too much power. There's a terrible realism to them.

Big part of what works in Megamind.