Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

This year im gonna finish my chronological watch through of every Walt Disney Animation Studio movie (I got up to the end of the Disney Renaissance in 2019) and also start a watch through of every Don Bluth movie :getin:

Good luck, Troll in Central park and Rock a doodle are hard to watch these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I heard Japan wasn't so hot about it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The Good Dinosaur had no real reason to use Dinosaurs, there was nothing about the story that could only work with them.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Castlevania Anime would be a great place to tell the Julius Belmont story now that there's pretty much no hope for one in the games.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The Dragon Quest movie was good looking, but whoof is it poorly paced at the start, and that twist at the end was pretty dumb.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I imagine the Sonic sequel will introduce some more stuff from the games like Tails, Super Sonic and maybe Metal Sonic as a new opponent.

The third movie can be Sonic 3 & Knuckles :haw:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I was watching Toy Story 4 for the second time since the theater viewing.

Why did they give Buzz the case of the stupids for this movie? it's really jarring.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It's a shame South Park, The Simpsons and Beavis & Butthead got their own theater movies, but all 4 of the Futurama films were DVD made.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hey the first movie was good, movie 2 and 4 were alright, but movie 3 sucked.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

For a movie about Scooby doo it doesn't seem to stick much to the Scooby doo formula.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The orc looks like wreck it Ralph with some fangs

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Soul certainly looks a lot more interesting then Onward.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I saw Onward on Disney+ since they released it early.

It was ok, probably not going to be the most memorable Pixar film,

I half expected at the end the top half of their dad would be around for an additional 24 hours

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Neon Noodle posted:

SEE, DISNEY????????? It’s not so fuckin hard to NOT ruin your film restoration :argh:

It's weird, Disney+ has probably the best looking Adventures of Winnie the pooh restoration, meanwhile their ducktales and darkwing look like they were just reuses from the DVD

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Chicken Little felt like Disneys attempt at a dreamworks movie.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The movie is awkward but Bowler hat guy is the best.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Atlantis is probably one of the few movies I think would work better as a live action one.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I watched Felix the cat movie earlier today since the last time I saw it I was a kid.

What a god awful movie that was, a mess of a plot, characters designs that clash and its like they dropped Felix into the backdrop of an endgame Final Fantasy dungeon.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Watched Scooby earlier, not a very good Scooby Doo movie honestly, felt more like Blue Falcons film.

Also kids today love Simon Cowell right??

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

FunkyAl posted:

I'd be interested in everyones top 5

Mine are Feherlofia, Dumbo, Rango, One of the Nightmare Before Christmas/Monkeybone/Coraline trilogy, and Happy Feet. I feel like a great cartoon feature is hard to pull off.

Cats don't dance
Who framed Roger rabbit
The Lego Batman movie
Spiderverse
Ratataouille

I find all five perfect movies

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Avatar 2 is like a movie cryptid, up there with Space jam 2 and the Uncharted movie.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pinocchio is basically a old school telltale episodic game.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Honestly I'm surprised Venture Bros managed to still be around this long, it's been airing since the early days of Adult swim.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Lions are just really big cats

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I can already see the Lilo and Stich live action movie is going to be watered down as possible while also having an american view of Hawaiian culture.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

In terms of bad Lupin movies don't ever watch Return of Pycal.

I'm pretty sure that movie was just made so they had an excuse to flex some 00's DIGITAL magic.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I was wondering what Lady and the Tramp had and I almost forgot those stupid Siamese cats.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

A new Tom and Jerry movie trailer leaked, and it seems to be going the Rocky and Bullwinkle route

https://twitter.com/IAmJustFarhan/status/1320366051134144515?s=19

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I wonder if anyone remembers All dogs go to heaven the TV series.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Scrooge invited Satan to dive into his money pool, he did that and promptly died from grevious head injuries and brain damage

That's actually a plot point in Scrooge's first comic adventure

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I still think Space jam 2 is a myth

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

If you want a good dog Christmas movie/special just watch Oliver the other reindeer :colbert:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Darthemed posted:

I guess I’m about a year late on this, but Klaus is sweet and good. Only issue I had with it was that a couple of the songs are a bit insubstantial, which is a weird fit with how well-constructed the rest is, but that’s a minor fault.

Stick Man was another enjoyable animated holiday film. Fairly short, and the dialogue makes it obvious that it was adapted from a storybook, but the texturing is very smoothly handled, and there are some wonderfully captured animal mannerisms.

Klaus is good, honestly I think my only gripe with it was the really weak attempt at the betrayal scene, They act like Jesper was pulling the wool under them even through he didn't even say he was planning on leaving or didn't have a change in heart

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'll have a disney funeral but only allow poor unfortunate soul to play on loop

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

LEGO Batman movie is still the best thing to come out of the franchise.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The kid was a dumbass trying to replace a kitchen while someone was still in it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I thought Blue Sky's first Ice age and take on Horton hears a who were pretty good.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Im getting very ponyo vibes from this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Jerry, Tweedy and the road runner are like the holy trinity of characters that need to get whats coming to them.