Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's a savings even over the cost of one adult and one child ticket around these parts, and that's before these brats get to concessions.

Imagine not sneaking in your own concessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

You can do whatever you like at the Cinemoplex but please consider purchasing the concessions at smaller, locally owned theaters. :)

That's what I do.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pick posted:

Also someone pointed out to me that apparently the red radio elf is supposed to be inspired by a deer? I can't even start to figure out how the gently caress I'm supposed to get a deer out of that.

He's got little antlers and his shoes look kind of like hooves?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Lego Star Wars Holiday Special is not good. If you're expecting something like the Lego Movies, you would be very mistaken.

What did you expect from a Star Wars Holiday Special? :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I would totally buy that bird picture.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

the first image is actually horny fanart and not any actual image from the movie

What's the difference?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Barudak posted:

Just thought it might be neat to add the original ad campaign concept for Frozen 2 had to be very, very very hastily reworked because Disney was using a white power symbol without really realizing it.

What?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

Behold, I have brought you a man!

Get out of here, Diogenese.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

The budget appears to have been about $45. Also the trailer covers the whole film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKvQ8r_WPY

I'm the stolen Gundam sound effects.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It's nice to see a Netflix series not suffer the curse of being cancelled arbitrarily.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 16, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FunkyAl posted:

It'd be cool to make a movie with little rod puppets. Like stop motion scale, but you don't have to animate the thing so meticulously and you greenscreen out the rods. Might be cheaper, who knows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj8pnPdYwWw

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

NieR Occomata posted:

Castlevania 2. Can't wait for the bottle episode where one character spends the entirety of it crouched in the corner underneath a rock.

What a horrible night to have a curse

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

If you think that is weird, somehow there are two Lovecraft children's movies, with Ron Perlman, Jeffery Combs, and Mark Hamil in the cast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHCdRCNJl9w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxAQmye2tZU

You can make CGI movies for real cheap, and still have recognizable actors in them too. (although most of the rest of the cast is the writer/director's family)

If it was made by Laika instead of jank-tier CGI from a no-name studio it'd be ok.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

What if fishes, but black people

Are you talking about Lovecraft, or Shark Tale? :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

What's the origin of the giant demon that's in the Night on Bald Mountain part of Fantasia/Dude you have to fight in Kingdom Hearts?

He's based on a Slavic deity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobog

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 29, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ccs posted:

I made fun of the movie for this on Facebook and was berated as a misogynist for “attacking a movie not aimed at men.” Disney really has perfected their marketing of every new film about a former female villain being some kind of girlboss call to action.

I can think of a few ways they could have made Cruella’s backstory not completely ridiculous, the most obvious of which is to just dispense with the backstory and let an evil character played by a good actress chew the scenery for 90 minutes. But no, she’s got to be a hero now.

Cruella gives off girlboss Joker vibes. Does she dance on stairs at some point? :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Looks amazing, hope it doesn't get cancelled after only one season. Why yes I'm still kind of sad about the Dark Crystal series, why do you ask? :smith:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The only scene I remember from Meet the Robinsons is the "I have a big head and little arms" one with the T-rex.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Boxman posted:

It was an OVA, wasn't it? Those don't really play by our rules of pilot/series/movie.

There was a lot to enjoy about that, but the fact that they gave Knuckles a hat for some reason is high up there.

It was a nice hat, though.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Jerkface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tSoaJ93ac

Music video for Riot's upcoming animated lol show Arcane that was created by the same animation studio. The animation style continues to be fucken siiiiiiiiick

League of Legends has lore?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Neon Noodle posted:

IIRC Gene Yang was going to do a version of journey to the west where the destination was the baby Jesus.

Reminds me of the original plan for God of War: Kratos would team up with a Viking and Egyptian dude to kill off their respective pantheons, and then they see a star in the distance and go meet baby Jesus.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Aces High posted:

So in this version of them being the 3 Magi, would they be there to kill him in the crib or to nurture him to help kill others? I could see this going either way

Instead of gold, frankincense, and myrrh, they give him protein powder and some kettlebells.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Those are obviously Z'Goks, Pixar.

EDIT: The legs look to be from the Zaku

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 8, 2022

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

There's even a red one. Someone at Pixar is a Gundam fan. :stoked:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Only if it's three times faster.

Only if Zurg's soul isn't weighed down by gravity.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

priznat posted:

The Good Dinosaur actually takes place in the far future

Somehow, the dinosaurs returned.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Yeah the dinosaurs looked like Far Side characters pasted into a world so photorealistic it may as well have just been filmed.

but with dinosaurs instead of cows.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Is Camp Cretaceous still going?

The upcoming fifth season is the final one.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

readingatwork posted:

Pirate everything. It's not just okay, it's your moral duty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I need to see Mario's face. I'm still not convinced. That bitch is gonna turn around and have Chris Pratt's face. "He's so cool" one of the Toads will say

https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/status/1577529389146841088

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

an egg posted:

cannot believe a careless mcdonalds employee let us all gaze upon the unveiled face of the one true mario

Maybe if that McDonald's employee was paid a living wage, they'd care more.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Of course it's fake, it doesn't have that "*movie name* trailer starts now!" blurb :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Panfilo posted:

I'm surprised they switched to thinking super Mario bros movie was anti woke. It had plenty of "woke" parts to it. Peach was super competent, Mario and Luigi were fumbling their way through the whole movie and as small businessmen were shown to be ineffective. Not to mention Bowser being a huge incel the whole time.

These are the same people who were initially upset when Gina Carano first appeared on The Mandalorian, and then they changed their view on her when she shared their same chuddy opinions.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Larryb posted:

The third Tron movie will apparently begin filming this July despite the writers strike:

https://productionlist.com/production/tron-ares/

Speaking of which, was the TV series they did a while back any good?

No Daft Punk soundtrack, no sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I would accept a Cata 2 if it came with playable Sethrak

I think Sethrak should be in animated movies.