Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

https://twitter.com/HotelT/status/1380505781129338882
So Genndy's not directing the new film (undoubtedly too busy with Primal and Unicorn), though he is writing it. Instead it's being directed by Jennifer Kluska (who's storyboarded on the 2nd and 3rd films as well as some other Sony films, and served as a producer on the Lauren Faust DC Super Hero Girls series) and Derek Drymon (the guy who was 2nd-in-command on Hillenberg-era Spongebob; most of his film credits being storyboarding on various Dreamworks films)

i hope they go to space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Phylodox posted:

I work from home. Definitely not sick of it. When I see people again it’ll be at friends’ houses and parks and botanical gardens.

im sad i lost at the claw machine too but you need to let that hurt go baby ❤️

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

The 7th Guest posted:

new cute superman just dropped

is that lois? nice!!

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

namaari gets redemption because she's hot, toyetic, and they're gaybaiting for the inevitable d+ original. hth

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

daaamn i remember really liking wordgirl... that's cool. smol worl

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i miss pbs kids go flash games (╥﹏╥)

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

you guys are cartoon industry nerds. got a question: why cartoon advertising so bad these days? what's the big revenue streams getting toons shafted?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i want that she ra he man crossover christmas special, kevin

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Larryb posted:

This but it should be the SPoP She Ra instead (or at least keep the same voice actress)

i would literally have it no other way

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

BonoMan posted:

Not really. I mean at the very end it's revealed directly yes. But in the movie it's just hinted at and it's not really about that. I'm talking about I'm ready for a movie where the relationship is a heavy part of the plot. Luca is a start and the ending scenes are beautiful... I just want more!

welll you know. china and russia. and demographics. and they're trying their best. and hearing our concerns. how about a mickey hat with rainbows on it?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

FunkyAl posted:

They do, and that is a real and powerful influence. At the same time, propaganda is self-important and fear of it, the power of its voice, so on, is what it uses as its aparatus of control. You can deflect the power of the big loud thing by ignoring it.

bro just ignore the inescapable multibillion dollar corporation 🤪 bootstrap your way into a mainstream franchise dude it's easy 😂

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

FunkyAl posted:

They aren't inescapable, just turn off the TV. Buy a book, buy some paints.

drat fr???? the tv?? i turn off the tv and i don't see disney anymore???

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Das Boo posted:

When I was a kid, my teenage sister wanted to take a nap instead of playing with my friends and me. So we lit a bunch of candles, turned out the lights and had a pretend funeral for her.

What I'm saying is, kid's media should go further because we underestimate what they can handle.

ik u been In The Rooms, so can i ask whether the fear of gay (or green princess cabbage babies) is about breaking the consumer base?

a long time ago i remember a breakdown of why companies killed kid shows they couldn't neatly fit into gendered toys—essentially having to do with how toy aisles are expressly binary, and sometimes if the toys weren't binary they didn't get stocked

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Megera posted:

I know people who worked on this who are LBGTQ who said they loved this show AND working on it, so I'm hoping this is just a bad teaser

hope so. if the entire show is like that im going to LA and PERSONALLY revoking their gay cards

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

like did they not learn from the flop that was super drags im -_-

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

people are responding to that tweet by recommending children's shows and i get where they're coming from but... sweeties... no...

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

blue anne can't beat goku

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

must we have this endless litigaytion.

back when the gays laid claim to cabaret or mommie dearest they didn't care what anybody thought. the fishes is gay. they are part of gay culture now. there is naught to be done

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Das Boo posted:

Has a cartoon rapping ever not been how-do-you-do-fellow-kids terrible? I sincerely can't think of an example.

e: I just realized Robot Chicken did the same sketch like, +10 years ago.

1. best space jam rap is buggin (chopped not slopped remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD2yMbuEwlk

2. whoever wrote the rap in animaniacs 2020 will not see the kingdom of heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKULTV2n4Js

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Larryb posted:

So does the new Space Jam at least have any decent songs attached to it (though from what I’ve heard the soundtrack doesn’t really come close to measuring up to what the first film had)?

if anyone can name the footwork track playing in the first part of the game i would appreciate it

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i think everyone's like a little bit better about that now bc 1. backlash and 2. more and more professors themselves have grown up w/a nime

anime has reached such critical saturation across the entertainment industry that purposely herding students away from it holds them back. just tell them to practice their fundamentals and study life so they understand their symbols, and how to modify them for different use cases

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

free 50s upa artbook :yum:

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

there is TOO love for totally spies! millennial/ zoomer girls literally adore it. sooo much nostalgic fanart, Halloween costumes and cosplays, people use the characters as avatars, there's reviews and a whole episode by episode recap podcast, memes occasionally making the rounds (like that one scene where clover makes a double laser that melts through a door with... a laser and two compacts)... would not be surprised if there was a reboot this decade. people loved making fake posters for it lol

also its original French dub movie literally had Karl Lagerfeld voice the villain. the world needs woohp again... come back to us queens

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i think it's kind of an extracanon origin story. it's so fun, just fully high camp animé. there's a darth vader reference. we see the spies' (identical) moms. here are some real publicity photos with the actual late director of chanel karl lagerfeld, who voices the villain (original fr dub only)

https://twitter.com/Archive_Of_Alex/status/1263505213131980803?s=20

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

oh this a RUG rug

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

https://twitter.com/WalkOffTheEarth/status/1468648361746219013?t=UDCjv32a-Xy4PeS3tzCViA&s=19

:yum:

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

he's the mac daddy dragon of the nyc ya heard

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

the absolute state of disney animation rn 😫

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

ppl did be saying raya felt like a d+ original series precursor, and i wouldn't be surprised if encanto was one. the plot could deal w mirabel exploring her fam dynamics, we could finally get to see those other rooms (which there's like. mad concept art for), and it ends w new matriarch mirabel or something.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

dogsicle posted:

honestly, bring back the age of the movies getting spinoff series

dont forget the tie in console videogames

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

re: cuphead: the majority of the fanbase Does Not Give A gently caress. they're happy to get more content to make fanart of and buy merch for, and will boost this show anyway—anywhere it falls short they'll just fill in with headcanon. thats just how it be

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

But what even IS cuphead outside being an animation thing?

Like it's not like mugman is some deep rich character or the story of blob is funny or tragic or anything. Literally the whole charm of it is "we drew a 1930s thing as a videogame" or "we drew a videogame thing as a 1930s thing". the whole of the story is either "we drew a the devil from hell's bells animated short as a videogame boss' or 'we drew a megaman enemy like an olde timey animation"

they like the characters and making fanfiction about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

we have to destroy the 90s. Only then will we be free