Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Just wanted to post and say it's the 4 year anniversary of the TFF Discord and you all are great. Except for whoever made this my avatar. May you get stuck in an elevator on your way to take a poo poo in the good bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
I just think it's funny that the face swap app changed "Rothlisberger" to "Rothlisberger but with long hair" and essentially nothing else

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

420_Power_Rangers posted:

I just think it's funny that the face swap app changed "Rothlisberger" to "Rothlisberger but with long hair" and essentially nothing else

No need to gild the lilly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

420_Power_Rangers posted:

I'm just glad to know what that giant lady was up to before her trip to Mars in Total Recall

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RyanFieldABC/status/1282783404652716032

Lol, these are always hilariously dumb

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Chargers eh.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yes, one problem. I'm assuming at this point they are just making these as terrible as possible.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Lol SuperSonics.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Based on data from SHARTS

Nov 6, 2002

clickbait.png

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I just noticed the barstool logo. gently caress those assholes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

I just noticed the barstool logo. gently caress those assholes.

Yeah I think that's the joke, it's the one big problem.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

My mom and her dad both died of a glioblastoma at 51 so that's what I'm expecting.

poo poo. My dad's friend passed away from that almost two years ago. I'm also in a similar "you're hosed dude" line of both my grandpa and dad dying of cancer (liver and pancreatic respectively). I also have the BRCA 1 mutation so :toot:

I'm just glad my sister dodged the BRCA bullet :unsmith:

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Probably some of my favorite PC games as a child, outside of The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain (the brain....when drained....is really quite insane!)

I remember getting so excited panning for gold in the Yukon Trail, sitting in front of the Compaq desktop and yelling every time I got some gold. The modern world is so stupid compared to those times

:hfive: Compaq desktop kid. Did yours come with the Magic Carpet game? That was some fun poo poo back in the day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean

It has the Marlins. It has the Bills for NY. It's obviously just a joke

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
it has Ohio State for michigan and the browns for ohio i think something is afoot

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Goons
We are all goons

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Can we not spend two pages discussing another prank map from the Caste Football site

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

Can we not spend two pages discussing another prank map from the Caste Football site

Can I say it sucks and is not funny.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Did anyone see The Gentlemen? Is it safe to assume that if you liked Snatch and Lock Stock it will be a fun watch?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Gobias Ind. posted:

Did anyone see The Gentlemen? Is it safe to assume that if you liked Snatch and Lock Stock it will be a fun watch?

I saw it and enjoyed it enough that I bought it for a second (and eventually third etc) rewatch. It's a fun movie

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's a few random seasons of a show called Time Team on Amazon Prime Video. It's a british show about archaeologists who do three-day investigations/digs of various sites to try to solve specific archaeological questions. It's hosted by Tony Robinson, who you may recognize as the actor who played Baldric in Blackadder, and it's brilliant. Low-intensity, low-stress, interesting, engaging show that doesn't set me on edge or keep me awake when I'm trying to get to sleep. The only frustration I have with it is that Amazon has like season 11, and season 17-20? No idea why those specific seasons. These are British "seasons" so like 10-12 episodes each, pretty easy to binge watch.

We've also been watching DC's Doom Patrol show on HBO Max and it's... surprisingly OK. They're definitely cribbing from Legion (the surreal feeling, the musical score) and Deadpool (the 4th-wall-breaking narrator character, the mix of gore with casual witty humor), and not quite as good as either at those things... but the show is more or less working. Brandon Frasier is doing a good job. We're about 5 episodes in and enjoying it. The main frustration is we have to get my wife's laptop and connect it to the TV and sound system in order to stream HBO Max, because there's no HBO Max app for LG TV, and also no HBO Max channel on Amazon, and also HBO Max won't load or stream in the LG TV built-in browser.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Have you read Grant Morrison's run of the comics? I watched a few scenes on youtube out of curiosity because that is a fantastic run, but haven't sat down to watch the show.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you liked Snatch and Lockstock watch Rock N Rolla and Dead Man Running

Also Layer Cake.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

Have you read Grant Morrison's run of the comics? I watched a few scenes on youtube out of curiosity because that is a fantastic run, but haven't sat down to watch the show.

No, I haven't. I'll check it out, I'm not usually a DC fan (exceptions: swamp thing, hellblazer) but this has a cool vibe to it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I saw it and enjoyed it enough that I bought it for a second (and eventually third etc) rewatch. It's a fun movie

Cool, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Leperflesh posted:

No, I haven't. I'll check it out, I'm not usually a DC fan (exceptions: swamp thing, hellblazer) but this has a cool vibe to it.

the stuff you mention as cribbed from other shows is actually from the Morrison run of the comic from the 80s

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Got to do some bay fishing today for the first time in over a year and felt real good to catch the one little croaker.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 14, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

It's far closer to that end of the scale then normal DC. It's a combination of rather odd concepts (Brotherhood of Dada in the Painting that Ate Paris arc) and parodies / homages of stuff like Swamp thing and old Stan Lee comics.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

Brandon Frasier is doing a good job.

I feel like the stuntman inside the Robot Man suit doesn't get nearly enough credit (Fraser only provides the voice, he can't be in the costume because his back is a complete mess).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/UniversallyCAPE/status/1282809733116764162?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

That guy is a loving wizard at video editing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Switched to dark mobile desktop and it’s not great

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

I feel like the stuntman inside the Robot Man suit doesn't get nearly enough credit (Fraser only provides the voice, he can't be in the costume because his back is a complete mess).

Yeah, Brenden was on the Scrubs podcast recently and spent awhile praising that dude's physicality (looked it up: Riley Shanahan).

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 14, 2020

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

BrownThunder posted:

Just wanted to post and say it's the 4 year anniversary of the TFF Discord and you all are great. Except for whoever made this my avatar. May you get stuck in an elevator on your way to take a poo poo in the good bathroom.

I appreciate u, BT

Nov 6, 2002

Better TV dad, Hal or Red?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Hal

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Bob Belcher

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I’ll take feckless dweeb over douchebag with a tiny, shriveled gold heart buried somewhere down deep, but I expect that’s largely a personality thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In Red's defense, he was conditioned to be an rear end in a top hat by his terrible children

e, anyway it's al bundy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hal has a better taste in music. It and Venture Bros are the only shows I’ve ever heard make a King Crimson reference.