Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

best dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I remember Ed O'Neill saying in an interview at some point that he was just doing a job and he hated going in to work and that made me appreciate the Al Bundy character even more. Because it came from the heart.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Don’t sleep on his part in Wayne’s World.

https://youtu.be/YrOGeua94FM

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hal, though I'd take Red and Kitty over Hal and Lois

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

fartknocker posted:

Hal has a better taste in music. It and Venture Bros are the only shows I’ve ever heard make a King Crimson reference.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?????????

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
lmao owned

https://twitter.com/ReichlinMelnick/status/1283115985608871944

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Stephen Miller finishes by watching this clip:

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1283130385417801728

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

i have no idea what this means

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Rather than trying to defend the Trump plan to deport all non-citizen students and thereby requiring a court order to intervene while they sort out the legal wrangling, the government ran away entirely from the case and gave up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ban on visas tossed out for those Unis because they told the gov to gently caress off sounds like

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lol what a piece of poo poo

I don't know what a TRO is but this is related to the ICE directive put out last week saying that US Customs wouldn't grant F-1 visas to international students studying in the US unless they were enrolled in on-campus courses (so no online-only studies). It's nice that they backed down on it but they've definitely scared a lot of kids overseas out of trying to enroll or re-enroll at US schools, which is probably an acceptable outcome for the Miller crew.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C-Euro posted:

I don't know what a TRO is

Temporary restraining order.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Ban on visas tossed out for those Unis because they told the gov to gently caress off sounds like

even better — the government rescinded the new policy before the judge even had to consider the injunction. I was on the call, and basically we logged on, the judge was like "okay I've heard from both parties that the government is rescinding this memo and therefore the issue is moot, but I will reserve it in my docket just in case anything else happens* to expedite this, everyone have a good day."

(* there are rumors that ICE is now trying to develop a second version of this ban that would pass muster, and so it looks like this judge is trying to hang on to the case to expedite consideration if that happens)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wasn't he always dead?

Well that doesn't disqualify him I guess.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Wasn't he always dead?

Only in the last season which is roughly the quality of the last season of Scrubs and similarly erased.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Grittybeard posted:

Wasn't he always dead?

Only the last couple seasons. Dan didn't make it through that heart attack.

Kalli posted:

Only in the last season which is roughly the quality of the last season of Scrubs and similarly erased.

Listening to Donald Faison and Zack Braff make jokes about Season 9 almost makes it worthwhile.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Best brother in law as well

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Well uh, he at least acknowledges police brutality I guess?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The only thing saving us is their incompetency. God help us if they knew what the gently caress they were doing.

I saw it in another thread that this administration is like 11 of 84 for winning their cases in court. Previous administrations are in the 80% range because they take their time to get things right.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bird in a Blender posted:

The only thing saving us is their incompetency. God help us if they knew what the gently caress they were doing.

I saw it in another thread that this administration is like 11 of 84 for winning their cases in court. Previous administrations are in the 80% range because they take their time to get things right.

That's been the only saving grace of this administration. Imagine how much damage Trump's White House could do if it wasn't full of grifting, impatient idiots

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

Well uh, he at least acknowledges police brutality I guess?

Trump does thing that obviously white supremacists are going to crow about--straight news media faithfully reports without caveats all the semi-plausible reasons he might not be racist given out in quotes from his staff. Trump the next day: 'Nah guys, I really am racist as gently caress and I'm courting that voting bloc.'

Unrelated to your post but just something I think of every time I'm exposed to a Trump clip.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't envy any credible journalist that has to interview Trump

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Seconding Bob Belcher as the best TV dad. Also, a true role model.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

seems bad

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/10...impression=true

(20-28m estimated evictions in the next month, 8.5% of the population)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1283129422619582475?s=19

Churned through all the losers that he's back at square one

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/anatescott/status/1283152127897075713?s=21

Laughed at this a bit but not as much as the mummy yell. I watched the mummy yell video at least 45 times yday and had tears coming out of my eyes

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SHOAH NUFF posted:

https://twitter.com/anatescott/status/1283152127897075713?s=21

Laughed at this a bit but not as much as the mummy yell. I watched the mummy yell video at least 45 times yday and had tears coming out of my eyes

One thing I realized is that it is very possible that the mummy yell was the last noise that the mummy made before dying which makes me laugh whenever I think about it. Just being in the room and hearing "OUAHH!!" and then seeing a dead guy.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1283094906685145088

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 14, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Welp I guess this is one way to get McConnell to do some work. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Petey posted:

seems bad

I'd love to know where all these landlords think the new tenants are going to come from.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

I'd love to know where all these landlords think the new tenants are going to come from.

The logic is like that of Trump voters. It's not about what is optimal for them, but rather what hurts people who "deserve it" the most.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My suspicion is that housing funds have been exploding over the past 5 years, so a mass eviction movement ends up leading to smaller owners having to sell their properties + everyone that loses their house and these funds will be purchasing up an absolute shitload of cheap housing, turning it all into rental properties, and using that as the main source of investment growth for a few years while the economy gets through its recession, since the primary focus of any bailouts to people will be going to... get people paying for housing again.

These things: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/02/single-family-landlords-wall-street/582394/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Petey posted:

seems bad

Seems like they’d be better off negotiating reduced or deferred payments, otherwise there’s going to be a housing glut and the landlords get nothing.

Edit: posted before I saw Kalli’s post above, which I’ll read at some point

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

opposable thumbs.db posted:

The logic is like that of Trump voters. It's not about what is optimal for them, but rather what hurts people who "deserve it" the most.

Yeah, "they should have saved up for a rainy day" only applies to the renters for some reason :thunk:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Yeah, "they should have saved up for a rainy day" only applies to the renters for some reason :thunk:

Well yeah, have you seen how expensive home prices are? Owners have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a place, renters are only on the hook for a couple grand! Clearly the most needy are being prioritized.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well, my parents will finally be done working Texas runoff elections this evening, two weeks to see whether they pay the ultimate price for our democracy :911:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My older brother closed on his first house today. He's 47 and finally a homeowner. He's so incredibly happy :unsmith:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Spoeank posted:

My older brother closed on his first house today. He's 47 and finally a homeowner. He's so incredibly happy :unsmith:

Congrats to your bro. Where did he buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Petey posted:

even better — the government rescinded the new policy before the judge even had to consider the injunction. I was on the call, and basically we logged on, the judge was like "okay I've heard from both parties that the government is rescinding this memo and therefore the issue is moot, but I will reserve it in my docket just in case anything else happens* to expedite this, everyone have a good day."

(* there are rumors that ICE is now trying to develop a second version of this ban that would pass muster, and so it looks like this judge is trying to hang on to the case to expedite consideration if that happens)

Are you an immigration lawyer? That's cool if so, I didn't know that. God, there really are a lot of lawyers itt