Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

In, like a virgin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

rat-born cock posted:

Thanks Freakie for the critique, haha. I'll take leaving the judges basically speechless.

Signups, if you do not specially request an item, I won't give you one.

gimme the item

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Release, but no release
791 words
feat Butter Knife

My own breathing was the first sign that the world still existed, accompanied by a numb feeling at the end of my limbs. My clothes were on but I felt cold despite the fuzzy surface under me, some kind of rug… Okay? I opened my eyes to complete darkness, something was covering them, soft, smooth… Silk? I moved my head to each side, it was not restrained. I focused on my fingers, one, two… Five, ten all accounted for and mobile. My hands were behind my back, bound at the wrist by... Rope? I could feel the blood flowing to them as I became more alert, it was not too tight. I pulled but it added nothing but tension, not too loose either. There was a metallic taste in my mouth, as I could recognize because I used to be an idiot kid that licked pipes, which certainly explains how I ended up in this situation. I considered calling for help, but everything was too quiet, I’ve always had a hard time standing out.

My legs were still where I left them in relation to the rest of my body, I was barefoot, rope or something like it around my ankles, couldn’t really tell over my Jeans. I was suddenly concerned over the fate of my shoes, I really liked those Air Jordans. I tried moving and found that I was otherwise free. I rolled clockwise over the rug until my shoulder connected to a solid surface, I put my back against it and felt with my hand, a wall, wood. I decided to roll in the opposite direction to discover the limitations of my new universe.

I rolled four times before my thigh greeted something solid and thin with enough force to give me an involuntary yelp. How many meters had that been? Three? Whatever. I maneuvered my awkward form until my face could connect with the newest visitor to my universe, it was metallic and cold, I brushed it against my blindfold until I succeeded in removing the latter, revealing to me a darkened room, the only bare light coming from under a lonely door and the only objects the silhouettes of furniture. A large bed, nightstand, a chest, a wardrobe, no windows, the rug covered the entire floor. The liberator of my vision was an office table with a glass top and metallic structure. The lack of a chair disturbed me. The table had several objects over it, some gifted with forms that suggested what would come upon me if I did not escape, all mysteries except one reflecting the scarce light, my one hope in this darkness.

A butter knife.

I tried to stand and failed, thanking the soft rug for absorbing my fall. I listened for any reaction, but the world was still in silence as if this room and I were the only things left in the world. I tried two more times, growing increasingly frustrated, before coming to the realization that that would probably be easier if I supported myself on the wall instead of simply trying to get back up in the middle of the room, like an idiot. I did so between the nightstand and table, my eyes never leaving the butter knife and the promise it held.

As soon as I stood I heard a muffled sound from the beyond, from the door, a repeating and indistinct pattern. I froze as a shadow swiftly and silently passed under the doorframe, right to left, it did not otherwise disturb my prison. The sound stopped, I focused on my breathing and recalled the butter knife, the plan.

I carefully turned my back towards the table and began my search. The butter knife was around the center of the labyrinth of objects, my hands tested each object as best as they could given their limitations. Plastic box, the size of my palm, escaped into the unknown as I tried to open it. Something rubbery, wide, cylindrical, solid but not so much, not what I wanted now. Metal, the barest promise of an edge, butter knife, salvation. I grabbed it and began to work.

The door opened and the room came into light.

“Hey, my sister just called...” my girlfriend walked in, her hockey mask hanging from her neck. She started laughing when she saw what I was trying to do with the butter knife. I blushed, she untied me and resumed what she had to say as soon as she recovered her composure “My sister just broke up with her boyfriend and she’s coming over. I am really really sorry, could we… Give it another try next week?” I nodded along, I could forgive that smile anything.

“Hey, I'll be keeping that letter opener.” anything but that.