Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
In :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

Weltlich posted:

I'll judge this brawl.

The theme of this brawl shall be...

HALLOWEEN

Oh poo poo, sorry... ignore the cereal, that was still in the buffer from interprompt.

Just write a story about halloween. 1900 words. By the stroke of midnight, PST, on Halloween.

update

This has become a team brawl instead of a free-for-all.

Team 1: Butterscotches and a Box of Raisins
GrandmaParty
Sitting Here

Team 2: Candy Corns and Old Pennies
Sebmojo
Yoruichi

:toxx: hopping in to back the Children Of The Candy Corn in this spooky showdown.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
1 trick and 1 treat in solidarity please.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Victorian Space Murder: or Tribulations of Landlords On The Edge Of Space
899 Words

A bunch of rich industrialist pricks are mingling in the garden of an elegant and ruthless planetary mine owner. They’ve gathered to strike deals, discuss the hardships of being the worst people in the sector with the backdrop of a spectacular periodic aurora that has made this lifeless rock prime real estate.

Chairwoman of SpacePinkertons and Sales Director for SpaceRaytheon debate how much violence is necessary to quell an impending strike by the 'sub-literate rockbrrakers' terraforming this world They're pitching their plans to the Hotelier Failson representing the conglomerate behind this soon-to-be resort world.

They condescendingly ask the opinion of the Butler - who butler suggests longer hours as a means of exhausting the rabble-rousers; short of killing off a prominent member of management and presenting a more sympathetic alternative he sees no means of appeasing such ungrateful mob.

"It's a worker's place to work; those above them deserve respect. How arrogant to think this gorgeous sky is theirs when they're paid to sleep under it. Though if I were a betting man I'd say he'd be a worthy sacrifice." He says, tilting his head to the Hotelier with a wry grin.

Raytheon nudges the Hotelier with a sharp elbow; teasing, “You’re lucky I left the FANCY QUIET SPACE GUN or Ms. Pinkerton ordered with the doorman. She could send you to the big wormhole at the end of the verse and no-one would hear so much as the click of the hammer." They exchange uneasy grins and chuckles. Everybody worries the Butler's joke seems like a good idea to someone else.

At the far side of the garden the Mine Owner raises a toast to the Hotelier; praising him for his generosity in donating this parcel of land from which her company operates.

“Soon this place will be so much more than a circle of wagons on some distant plain… but instead a true homestead. A place where people can kick off their boots and enjoy the night sky and admire the result of hard work and perseverance and blood.”

"Here here," the guests all reply as they drink.

The Butler then raises a toast to the Host.

"To a woman of great vision and virtue; whom by bringing you all here tonight has set forth events that will shape the future of this new frontier. May the meetings you make shape a better sector for all of us who so humbly serve you."

As he raises his glass an extraordinarily bright aurora washes the garden in color; blinding the guests. The electromagnetic interference causes the lights die out for a moment.

When power is restored all of the guests are shocked to find that the Hotelier is dead by SPACE GUNSHOT.

Moving quickly the hostess asks everyone what they saw.

Mr. Raytheon & Ms. Pinkerton saw nothing, nor did they hear anything.

A Caterer states that he was last speaking to Raytheon & Pinkerton & looked nervous.

The Butler mentions the joke about financially motivated murder; didn’t think anyone would take it seriously.

The Doorman mentions their coats and arms were returned to them.

A member of Mine Owner's entourage searches them. He finds FANCY QUIET SPACEGUN in Ms. Pinkerton's jacket and it’s missing a laser bullet. Ms. Pinkerton protests but it’s too late; she's hauled off in a pair of plasma shackles with a neutron ball shackled to her leg.

The rest of the guests are thoroughly apologized to and sent on their way, leaving Raytheon alone with the Butler and the Mine Owner.

"You'll be wanting this back," she says; offering him the Fancy Quiet Space Gun.

Flustered he replies, "Heavens no! I'll trust you to give it to the proper authorities." He pauses, sensing an opportunity.

"Though if… given the circumstances you're looking to handle your own security I'd be happy to equip your staff with them. As a favor for keeping myself and my employer out of any statements made about tonight."

"My dear friend," she winks at him, "you only showed up just now. I'm so sorry the party died before you arrived."

"It was my fault really. I'll leave your sample of Fancy Quiet Spaceguns with your doorman. Should you wish to scale-up your security I guarantee we will not be beaten in price or product." Still looking nervous he scurrys to the door.

The Mine Owner passes the pistol to her Butler.

"What do you think?" She asks.

"You know laythe, you clean up nice for a sub-literate rockbreaker," he teases.

"You know what I mean."

"Scaring of the resort company was a good idea."

"And," she prods, "you think we did it?"

"I think they're going to be so preoccupied waging a legal war against the Space Pinkertons neither will have time to worry about our little homestead. I had reservations about killing a man in cold blood, even that little poo poo. But this is gonna help more than just us. The whole sector is better off now."

Laythe sighs, "I don't think any of us were planning on being bribed either. Get those guns to our brothers and sisters in the Terraformer's union just in case Pinkerton shows up for their errand-girl."

"Like you aren't gonna help," he replies. "I'd hate to think that in a bunch of rich idiots into thinking you were one of them you'd also fooled yourself."

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
In

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Oh noble hedge mage I request use of thine heretical arts to remove these burdens and conjure a guide to complete this pilgrimage.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Oh noble hedge mage I'd like to request your service. Please use thine heretical arts to lift my burdens and also if you could hire a guide for the rest of this journey I'd really appreciate it.

Kthnksbye

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
This prompt is the Cat's Pajamas maaan. I'm in OUT.

EDIT:
If y'all are putting in songs of the period that weren't requested via flash rule I'm gonna go ahead and do that too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Af7ayYIJ9w

EDIT:
Life got in the way and I don't want to commit to something I can't finish, if you need a judge I can swing that.

SkaAndScreenplays fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 12, 2020

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
The Real Wife of Bath's Tale: The Five Marriages of Margaret Coventry
Redemption: Week 431
360 Words

Marry first for love they told her; & that is what she did.
An architect; Serena to whom her heart she bid
A truly kindred spirit; as once a life you find
Both were graced with talent & to both success unkind
For as they grew together they also grew apart
The love they’d cultivated would also break their hearts

Marry next for money was gr&ma’s sage advice
So Margaret wed her patron; bl& but very nice
A kinship without chemistry though not for lack of trying
& all the while Margaret felt her creative instinct dying
So with a heavy heart she bid her wife adieu
& made her way to Hollywood to start her life anew

Partnered with a model from reality TV
Margaret found herself the winner of Thread Wars Season 3
She’d trounced the competition with a dress of tangerine
Given what would happen next its a surprise she didn’t scream
Her muse was so excited that on camera she proposed
Once again Marge found herself reluctantly betrothed

There’s a glaring lack of wisdom on marriage three & four
So she sought to lighten her spirit with a heavy pour
It was there she met Vincenzo; a quiet lad with a pleasant face
He wasn’t much for talking but in the sack he was an ace
There is wisdom on Vegas; the town where what happens stays
Her first marriage to a man was over inside seven days

Four divorces later she returned to home-sweet-Bath
For her self she’d chosen a more rewarding path
Forsaking all new suitors; she’d found her own self-worth
Marriage five for Margaret would be one to her work
Then so she held an auction - all funds to charity
In cloth she told a story of her romantic history

Up and down the runway her garments flowed along
A dress she’d made Serena accompanied their favorite song
The models took a bow; the auctioneer commenced the bidding
In the crowd Margaret saw Serena raise her hand in hope of winning
The true love of her youth garbed in elegant red & black
Margaret stopped to wonder if it was worth it to try and bring it back

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
In, what did I forget and what jam do I need to jog my memory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
In with week #361 - Extremely Creative Nonfiction
:toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)