Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

Breadtime
1384/1500 words

Bread words.

This story lays on the bread imagery a little too thick, much like the butter in the first paragraph.

I like that you decided to try something and then committed, but the prose needs to shine for this to work. This was clunky and error-ridden e.g. the bad use of cloying "Bodo takes a cloying bite." or these muddled metaphors "like air escaping from the gates of heaven, the doors of a bakery swinging open"

The ending pissed me off. It was a bait and switch, like a beautiful crust hiding a doughy, undercooked crumb. I thought it was a story about going to extreme lengths to make good bread, but it turned out that didn't really matter because bakeries exist, and that it was actually just a sandwich-slice thin love story all along.

I rate this story one slightly squashed value-brand white loaf out of ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
In and :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)