Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

KungFu Grip posted:

probably the rumble

I can't wait for that huge surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
According to a reddit thread title that's probably true "The Lana/Lashley wedding has already surpass CM Punk's return on WWE on FOX Channel with whopping 5.4 Million Views and is the 3rd most watched video since the channel was created."

Well we did it to ourselves. We've made the wrestling Sharknado by continuing to tune in to see how bad it'll be.

CascadeBeta posted:

I seriously feel like this year's Rumble is going to be extremely weak, both on the men and woman's side. The winners are both really obvious and not exactly popular choices (well, at least one isn't), and they'd already felt like they were running out of surprise entrants before AEW became a thing and snagged a bunch of the legends.

I was good and ready to pop for a Billy Gunn return too.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Codependent Poster posted:

It's possible they have Bryan in the match and make it a three way. I get the feeling the Rumble match is gonna be a DQ or no contest or something. Because otherwise who would Bryan face? Baron Corbin?

Yes

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This humiliation fetish writer has to be edging every week until Roman finally gets that dog food smeared on him

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

fatherofmustard posted:

He already got covered in it last month.

So why are they still teasing it'll happen every week?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://i.imgur.com/eiS2Bvi.gifv

Ouchies, I wouldn't kick out either

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DeathChicken posted:

There was a funny Up Up Down Down where Tyler Breeze basically said the same thing. "So right now we're the guys who go out there and cosplay as dudes from 15 years ago. You think in 15 years anyone is going to be cosplaying as Tyler Breeze?"

How do you even cosplay as anyone besides The Fiend or someone in a lucha mask?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Rowan's cage should have a better payoff than Who Tried To Murder Roman or Daniel Bryan's Big Announcement.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

shiksa posted:

awwwwwww shucks, i got all excited when she was the final entrant in the aew rumble. she would've been excellent. oh well get the retirement money.

Being called to AEW's women's division is only a slightly less worse fate than being called up from NXT.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Julio Cruz posted:

it’s the curse of the ref shirt but for managers

Also somehow the curse was put on AJ Lee for her final match

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I actually never thought I'd see a wwe woman that isn't ronda making that much money. It'd be funny seeing those salary lists back in the day and The Big Show would be making over a million while the diva's/women's champ would be making like 110k

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Been hearing people fantasy book how kofi will get back at brock at the rumble and ride that momentum all the way to wrestlemania.

...he just got pinned by the miz

Why do elias' lyrics not rhyme

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 11, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Haven't seen Braun in a while, does he always look like he's in pain every step on the way to the ring?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheKingslayer posted:

I was assured last year the Lacey push was over with. Seems like that poster was full of poo poo.

Her RAW heel push, still need RAW face, Smackdown face, and Smackdown heel pushes for 3-6 months each. Then at the end she'll decide she doesn't wanna be blonde anymore like Carmella and whelp.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Your winner, AND NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

#1 contender for the title with the guy he was already feuding with who doesn't have another opponent.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shouldn't put Sheamus hype package on right after Braun and Cesaro. All I'm remembering now is him losing to a 10 year old.

Well here we go, we got another 'I'm big and you're small!" heel since Cass is gone and Corbin is busy performing a writer's humiliation fetish stuff.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RealFoxy posted:

The WWE trope of someone pinning the champion in a non title match to win a shot at the title is so loving dumb. Much worse than automatic rematches.

It'd be cool once in a while to show a cocky champion underestimating his opponent and being surprised when he let his guard down. I'm gonna assume Shinsuke and his two friends that were also getting beaten up weren't underestimating Braun.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Part of Roman's intro accomplishments card being "Relative of The Rock" is cute. You'd think he's done enough in the last decade to fill a card without bringing that up.

I wonder if Nia Jax's card will be "Relative of The Rock", "Beat a 90 pound woman at Wrestlemania in about 20 minutes", and "Accidentally got someone more famous by punching them in the face".

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheKingslayer posted:

I swear to god Sheamus was doing a feud just like this not long before he disappeared.

Never too late for another Sheamus vs Dbry Wrestlemania match.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

fatherofmustard posted:

Their sexist "Queen Corbin" remark wasn't cool.

Their gimmick is being 35 year old frat boys

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Roman had a title match then still entered rumble at #30 in 2017. The gdt's reaction was AMAZING.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Becky pulled the title match loss into rumble entry too. Roman defeating his arch enemy of the last 10 months to prove he isn't a dog then winning the rumble is a possibility.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how some years it's like "omg there's so many potential rumble winners, this is so unpredictable!" and others its "wait, who tf could possibly have enough momentum to win a rumble right now?"

Granted alot of the first reaction was us formerly thinking every nxt callup would be a big deal. Some people predicted Kofi this year but he just got pinned by miz...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So if he beat Owens for the universal title he woulda still been #30? We almost had roman2belts

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Are there any wrestlers that are “cool” in WWE? Jon Moxley is the coolest mother fucker in wrestling and everyone in WWE seems like a dork but I also don’t watch

Titus O'Neal but with the caveat that he's cooler the further away he is from WWE.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gumball Gumption posted:

Does HHH not know where babies come from?

:thejoke:

Not to say it was a great one.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Oh god, main event on Raw tonight is the fist fight. Somehow I forgot that was a thing. We'll finally see what a worked version of the Brawl for All woulda been like.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

dromal phrenia posted:

Who is "we" ? I definitely will not see this. Very few people on this forum will see this!!

Why would people miss HISTORY?

I favor Big Show's team, he has experience in boxing matches.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Germansimp posted:

Wait, it's a SIX-MAN Fist Fight? I thought it was only supposed to be some 1-on-1 fight involving one member from each team, did WWE actually find a way to make this even dumber?

Real talk, just once I'd like to see an actual shoot tag team boxing match. And nobody phoning it in cause its a gimmick match, all 4 guys trying their ASSES off.

Reminds me of that video I saw of 5v5 MMA matches.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think if you're on the women's roster, you should announce if you WON'T be in the rumble. Otherwise let's just say you're in.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh gently caress did they bring back brawl for all

Yes, but it's fake and we don't get to see JBL get knocked out.

And Rollins is in it.

With how fake WWE beatdowns look with the windmill forearming backs, I'm legit scared how bad this is gonna be. Like this could be House of Horrors bad. At least 5 people in this match don't deserve to be forced to try to make this work.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 14, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So according to the rules, its a no DQ, no countout, no pin, no submission match (would be so WWE if they still had to tag tho) and all 3 guys gotta get knocked out. So it seems it's a street fight match but you gotta get a 10 count ko, maybe they literally don't have to have all their offense be jabs.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MJeff posted:

So it's a 6-man last man standing? Good lord.

In a match where KO is the 2nd smallest guy. In kayfabe this should be 45 mins on meat slapping against each other

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1215828307259817985?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not a bad win condition

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dell_Zincht posted:

Ahahahahaha this main event is going to be so bad.

I thought that until I found out its a triple elim last man standing match and not a fisticuffs showdown. Now I'm worried it'll just be mediocre.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I knew I shoulda counted how many punches were thrown during that fist fight, there's no way it was over 10.

I guess The Stomp is revived from The Fiend feud, it won a last man standing match in 1 stomp.

Shoutouts to Seth's new stable, The Relatively Disputed Era

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like Buddy being more torn up about that loss than Kofi and Seth were to lose their titles combined. I actually care to see where his character goes now cause it looks like HE cares.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Mojo Rawley is champion. Also yes, he still works for WWE.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://i.imgur.com/k3JTbc9.gifv

*Green Hill Zone music plays*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sami wishing he was still a face so he coulda landed on his head doing that first.