Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

how long until one of the Ants sets up a family-friendly comedy lucha promotion with an all-caps romanized Japanese name, that very definitely isn't CHIKARA and where quack is banned from going within 200 feet of any venues they run
KAIJU BIG BATTEL already exists though????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

how long until one of the Ants sets up a family-friendly comedy lucha promotion with an all-caps romanized Japanese name, that very definitely isn't CHIKARA and where quack is banned from going within 200 feet of any venues they run

Merlok and Ultramantis already own a small promotion together (Lehigh Valley Athletics Council). Might be too small to expand.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

https://twitter.com/razerhawk2000/s...1811258368?s=19

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Somewhat related: Coward Tony sign Hallowicked
You might've already seen the last of Wicked, outside of like an LVAC show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CHIKARA may be dead but Wrestling Is Fun is gonna make a big comeback!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Itís a real shame Wicked never got a bigger shot anywhere

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

All the ex-Chikara folks in the comments on this make me hopeful.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

MAMAMOO STAN

Dinosaur Gum

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Itís a real shame Wicked never got a bigger shot anywhere

I thought he was content with his non wrestling job that he was ok with not going to one of the big feds.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I'd be happy if the GCW weekend gives some of these Chikara kids a chance

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

I wonder how many ex-CHIKARA peeps are gonna get rid of their old gimmicks and start fresh. That seems to be what Razerhawk is doing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

the Hawkz gimmicks were pretty much unknowns and not as endearing as the Ants gimmicks were imo. Like unless Quack is demanding their masks back or he'll sue then i don't see any reason why others wouldn't keep the gimmicks, besides maybe boomer hatfield whose gimmick doesn't really work anymore

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Quack doesn't have enough money to sue Condron into giving the Jervis property back, he's not suing his kids.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

the Hawkz gimmicks were pretty much unknowns and not as endearing as the Ants gimmicks were imo. Like unless Quack is demanding their masks back or he'll sue then i don't see any reason why others wouldn't keep the gimmicks, besides maybe boomer hatfield whose gimmick doesn't really work anymore

I mean, the Hawkz gimmick isn't good? After 2 years as Razerhawk, I'd be ready to get a new gimmick, too. Plus, who'd have the heart to tell Molly McCoy that she didn't retire Razerhawk after all?

Also, gently caress Quackenbush, gently caress all the people involved.

And those post-show emails are the height of unprofessionalism, that I'm sure he somehow thought were him trying to bring professionalism to the industry. Just the dirt worst.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wazzu posted:

And those post-show emails are the height of unprofessionalism, that I'm sure he somehow thought were him trying to bring professionalism to the industry. Just the dirt worst.

I feel like they weren't so much him trying to bring professionalism as it was imparting his wisdom as a learned scholar of professional wrestling whose mastery of the sport was far and beyond anyone else's. I honestly think he probably thought he was doing people a favor and helping them out with this and probably even patted himself on the back because he was such a good guy giving this advice away for free when he could charge people for a seminar to impart this knowledge.

It's all just so loving smarmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

It's all so funny because he could have done the same thing in bulleted form in person or privately to each email, but he has figured the best thing for everyone was to write a DVD review you'd find on the Torch's site or something. Except it's from the guy that pays and for some trains you.

«6 »