Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Players who feel they were snubbed should be able to challenge another player for their roster spot in a game of 1 on 1. It would be way more entertaining than any of the other all star events. If you lose your challenge you have to be used as a prop in the dunk contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Still floored about this blazer win

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

dokmo posted:

I guess, but it feels like a missed opportunity to have something a little more substantive in the thread.

I don't honestly care aside from Gobert finally being recognized. But Booker has slightly better stats than Donovan Mitchell, and isn't next to another all star.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

dokmo posted:

I wish there was a rule in this thread and irl where if someone says that someone got snubbed for something the poster must name the player he would replace, because that would probably lead to either a better understanding of what different people value, or mockery, or both.

In the west Booker and KAT over Jokic and Ingram. In the east Jaylen Brown over Jayson Tatum.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/ekoreen/status/1223684362446741510

well that's very poo poo

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Also I think it's funny that yet another of the young Laker players who were under Walton left the team and immediately seem to be better. He's gotta be one of the secretly worst coaches in the league that never gets talked about.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

alansmithee posted:

In the west Booker and KAT over Jokic and Ingram. In the east Jaylen Brown over Jayson Tatum.

Over Jokic? You cannot be serious, he's fully recovered from a slow start and his stats are back to being crazy and his team is winning a ton, what else could you want

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That loving sucks. Powell has been so good when healthy.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Unrelatedly, it is now February. Time for a new thread.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is like the fifth raptor to be injured playing the Pistons this year. Dwane Casey nicest coach in the league my rear end!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Over Jokic? You cannot be serious, he's fully recovered from a slow start and his stats are back to being crazy and his team is winning a ton, what else could you want

Unless you're knocking KAT for missing time (which is legitimate) he's just been flat out better. And I don't find his stats to be that crazy (especially compared to KAT who is doing ridiculous stuff).

I could also see a case for Westbrook being left off the team for Booker.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1223680490994991105

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

BWV posted:

This is like the fifth raptor to be injured playing the Pistons this year. Dwane Casey nicest coach in the league my rear end!

jealous rear end bitch immediately tells his players to sweep the leg

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/1223391096509779969?s=20

If the Hornets are able to get any draft pick at all for MKG that would be a surprise. I'm guessing they might do a deal for Courtney Lee straight up just to do him a favor and send him somewhere he might get minutes

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Traxis posted:

Players who feel they were snubbed should be able to challenge another player for their roster spot in a game of 1 on 1. It would be way more entertaining than any of the other all star events. If you lose your challenge you have to be used as a prop in the dunk contest.

Ben Simmons got a chance to make his case as a starter the other night and Trae Young overwhelming confirmed the decision of the voters.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

A player who will stand in the dunkers spot of his own basket and wait for a teammate to jog back and inbound the ball to him, especially if that teammate can bring it up himself, before walking it up and juuuust crossing the time line at 16 seconds.

Thats what people want to see at an all star game.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

alansmithee posted:

Unless you're knocking KAT for missing time (which is legitimate) he's just been flat out better. And I don't find his stats to be that crazy (especially compared to KAT who is doing ridiculous stuff).

I could also see a case for Westbrook being left off the team for Booker.

KAT is empty calories compared to Jokic (FULL of calories. Big full calories) but more seriously yeah I definitely dock him both for playing 30 games and for spearheading a really bad team

Basically the exact same reasons why Kyrie was left off

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 1, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

He was playing really well too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Conley is going straight back into Utah's starting lineup despite utterly not fitting this year. Is there any chance they can trade that contract?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

A player who will stand in the dunkers spot of his own basket and wait for a teammate to jog back and inbound the ball to him, especially if that teammate can bring it up himself, before walking it up and juuuust crossing the time line at 16 seconds.

Thats what people want to see at an all star game.

an elite transition player in a game where no one plays transition defence is actually good

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Doltos posted:

Conley is going straight back into Utah's starting lineup despite utterly not fitting this year. Is there any chance they can trade that contract?

What? He’s been playing off the bench for like two weeks.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

BWV posted:

The second time for Norm alone! Last time they played Detroit he was out for 11 games

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hand Knit posted:

Unrelatedly, it is now February. Time for a new thread.

I got you fam

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

OH WORD SON posted:

Still floored about this blazer win

disrespectful to kobe imo