Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Jesus christ Elden Ring is a long game.

At last, I have reached the final area!

you fool, you moron, you absolute imbecile

repeat for 80+ hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Getting to Leyndell was basically the same as me being 15 and watching Return of the King in theaters, having to pee really badly but thinking "they're lighting the beacons on the wall, can't be much left in the movie."

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

Jack Trades posted:

Anyone who played Warhams 40 Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters who can tell me if the mecha dlc is worth a gently caress?

Not in it's current state, the dreadnought is only available for certain mission types and the techmarine is only really useful in conjunction with it, it's not the worst thing ever but it's definitely not comparable to an x-com expansion. There's also still some lingering bugs they haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

If you end up playing the base game enough times it might be worth it down the line to add some variety, but otherwise don't worry about it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

its as long as u make it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Garfu posted:

MW5: This review was helpful for collecting mods and their order: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083937193/recommended/784080/

Did you actually manually download all 100 of these mods from Nexus or is there a collection that includes all of them? It's really painful to search these out since the names in the list don't actually match the name on Nexus.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You can beat it in 4 minutes.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

You can beat it in 4 minutes.

i'm always clicking the links to those games and it is never true

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Any opinions on Metal Wolf Chaos XD and Daemon X Mechina ?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
DXM ran like pants for me and had anime all over it so I had to bin it.

The good news is that the small studio who kept making failures has gone back to their roots, and so we might actually have a real AC game sometime!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

fit em all up in there posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos has a rather lukewarm gameplay and people got sold on the amazing cutscenes. It does let you carry a whole bunch of weapons and destroy an awful lot of stuff that aren't normal buildings.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Did you actually manually download all 100 of these mods from Nexus or is there a collection that includes all of them? It's really painful to search these out since the names in the list don't actually match the name on Nexus.

After looking through that list myself a lot of them are what I'd call unnecessary. I'm generally pretty satisfied with how MW5 looks and don't really care much about mech painting so things like UI mods, graphics mods, and skin mods I don't pay much attention to. To each their own of course but its probably best to stick with a more limited selection of mods until you play the game and maybe find yourself thinking "I wish the smoke trails from missiles looked better." That's why I limited the post I made earlier (helpfully quoted by the guy I quoted below) to, well, they aren't "basic" mods but they're mods that expand what already exists without worrying about the lighting in the mech hangar you will never actually visit.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

gently caress, am i gonna get MW5? havent played anything in that franchise since those xbox live ones back in the day. Got banned from servers for being an annoying poo poo with the small hacking mech

whats the gameplay like? im guessing you run randomly generated missions or something like that

Random missions in random terrain is a big part of it. Sometimes there are random mission chains where you don't get to repair and rearm between them so have to manage your mechs. There are (mostly short) mission chains with story but a lot of the time those will play out exactly like the random missions in the same looking maps just with voices over the radio telling you things. There are a some missions that take place in unique maps. In my earlier post I mentioned the "ceiling" of fun in the base game and that's sort of where it comes from, there's only so many times you can drop in with the same 4 assault mechs, look at the same map, and shoot probably mostly the same enemies. If you enjoy the base game then mods help raise that ceiling quite a ways up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I wanted to finish the game before writing this post, but since I'm about to be out of town and the game's still on sale I wanted to say HARVESTELLA is actually great. I'm 70 hours in and after a bit of a slow start it's gotten better and better the further I've gone.

Neither the farming or the combat are very complex, especially compared to rune factory 5, but the game is much more coherent and has a really satisfying progression as you balance time/stamina/health to try to get the most out of each day. Everything costs time and money is scarce with a lot of valuable things to spend it on. Between keeping everything on your farm growing, traveling to town to buy things, cooking, fishing, doing sidequests in town, meeting your companions to rank them up, dungeons, and progressing the story in general, there's a lot to keep you busy and all of it feels rewarding.

The game's setting is actually pretty wild and the story eventually goes straight off the rails in ways that weren't advertised whatsoever, which is an unexpected plus even if it isn't the main reason I'd recommend the game. it was clearly made on a budget as it has next to no voice acting and animations are very limited, but the 2D art is extremely professional and the 3D art is still pretty nice looking in a stylized way. Soundtrack is also A+ material and been stuck in my head for weeks. Just extremely pleased with how this one turned out and unless it suddenly craters at the end it might end up being my #2 game of the year after elden ring.

I've been keeping an eye on it since I liked the demo on Switch. I got the impression it's more JRPG than life sim which isn't a dealbreaker for me.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Serephina posted:

DXM ran like pants for me and had anime all over it so I had to bin it.

The good news is that the small studio who kept making failures has gone back to their roots, and so we might actually have a real AC game sometime!

You mean like this one? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1888160/ARMORED_CORE_VI_FIRES_OF_RUBICON/

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Legend of Mana doesn't work on Steam Deck. :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

i dont see any playable games at this link

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I usually don’t pay attention to my game count, but Chrono Trigger ended up being my 500th game on Steam the other day. Which isn’t too bad considering the age of the account I suppose. I think I’ll kick off 2023 properly with a fresh play through on the Deck. What a time to be alive.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

fit em all up in there posted:

Daemon X Machina is a wet fart.

All the weapons feel anemic, the story is beyond hamhands levels of presentation and predictability, and the characters aren't memorable.

The only amusing part is the Ice Cream shop.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

spaceblancmange posted:

i'm always clicking the links to those games and it is never true

:golfclap:

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Every time the map zooms out is bliss

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Professor Latency posted:

Every time the map zooms out is bliss

the map in elden ring being explicitly designed to cap how much you can zoom out depending on how much of the map you've been to was honestly an extremely hilarious idea

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

the map in elden ring being explicitly designed to cap how much you can zoom out depending on how much of the map you've been to was honestly an extremely hilarious idea

It made that first playthrough feel extremely cool.

Other extremely cool moments: the first time taking an elevator down to the Cool Place, and coming out of a cave after being teleported into it and emerging in Caelid for the first time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm too posted out to do a big effort thing for the games in january but here's what's coming up in January on Steam:

Scott Pilgrim vs the World Complete Edition (1/5) - It's the famous PS3 licensed brawler, on Steam. boy, Paul Robertson did some really creepy art before getting famous, huh? No reason for mentioning that, really. Anyway,

Path of the Midnight Sun (1/10) - Former Fire Emblem mod becomes its own indie RPG (although it's more traditional first person turn based combat it seems, but with a board game traversal thing?)

Children of Silentown (1/11) - A spooky story game I don't know a whole lot about but I've seen it in Next Fests a few times

One Piece Odyssey (1/12) - Luffy D Onepiece and his friends are back to, well it's I guess reliving past arcs or w/e. Are there even any good One Piece games besides the Warriors ones

Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider (1/12) - Ninja Gaiden by way of Joymasher (Odallus, Blazing Chrome)

Aquatico (1/12) - Underwater city building sim. I know not all that much about what makes builders good or not, all I can do is list.

Definitely Not Fried Chicken (1/18) - Build up your drug empire under the guise of a fast food chain.

Persona 3 Portable (1/18) - I still don't understand why Atlus chose to port P3P over FES, especially with the ugly AI upscaling going on, but I guess FeMC is just that popular.

Rain World: Downpour (1/19) - Massive DLC for the original slugcat game that adds a ton of content and extra modes

A Space for the Unbound (1/19) - Narrative game with beautiful pixel art, had a brief scuffle with their publisher but it seems to have been worked out

Estencel (1/19) - Soulsy game that looked kinda buckwild from the Iron Pineapple video I saw

Forspoken (1/24) - Well, that just happened. Let me get this straight. This game, is coming to Steam, on January 24th, and there's a demo, but it's only on PS5?? Yeah, I guess this is my life now. Is that a freakin' 65 Metacritic score on the horizon?? Huh. Exit, stage right.

Pizza Tower (1/26) - Looks like if you gave Wario Land to the Ed Edd n Eddy artist. Cool animation and style.

Dead Space (1/27) - The... I won't say long-awaited, but... awaited? Remake of Dead Space, kicks off the New Year with a big visual glow-up. IDK if I'm all that interested though, having played through the original trilogy not THAT long ago (certainly a few years ago but not, like, 15).

8-Bit Adventures (1/31) - Despite the generic name I understand that this dev is actually a pretty solid indie JRPG producer.

Superfuse (1/31) - A diably roguelite about superheroes/superpowers.

Raiden IV x MIKADO remix (1/31) - I don't know what MIKADO is but it looks like a neat remaster of Raiden IV.

Your Turn to Die - Death Game by Majority (Jan TBA) - What I understand about this game is that it's a neat Zero Escape/Danganronpa style VN that was previously only available on a third-party site with a fan translation, and now is coming to Steam via Early Access so it can finish off the remainder of the story.

also a couple more Ubisoft games are popping on Steam (The Division 2 and Watch Dogs Legion)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Bit of a rough January.

I am looking forward to the new Chronicon class DLC (Mechanist) that the dev said it coming this month.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ragequit posted:

Bit of a rough January.

I am looking forward to the new Chronicon class DLC (Mechanist) that the dev said it coming this month.
Yeah, February is where the hits start dropping: Zeno Clash 3, Atomic Heart, Like a Dragon: Ishin, Octopath Traveler 2, Scars Above, Atelier Ryza 3, Kerbal Space Program 2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The 7th Guest posted:

One Piece Odyssey (1/12) - Luffy D Onepiece and his friends are back to, well it's I guess reliving past arcs or w/e. Are there even any good One Piece games besides the Warriors ones

Well hopefully on 1/12 the answer will be "Yes, One Piece Odyssey!" because I have a lot riding on the combination of One Piece and Dragon Quest XI :pray:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I thought the recent open world one was pretty okay. I grabbed it on a recommendation but I have 100 chapters of manga to go before I can play it without spoilers.

I wish that was a joke.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

Raiden IV x MIKADO remix (1/31) - I don't know what MIKADO is but it looks like a neat remaster of Raiden IV.
Game Center Mikado is an arcade in Japan, the owners of which know people who do a music. If you already own Raiden IV: Overkill, this is basically that but with an additional alternate music set and a new publisher. I don't think there's any other new features.

A similar reissue, Raiden III x MIKADO MANIAX has been dated for February on consoles in Japan. It'll probably appear on Steam shortly thereafter to replace the delisted Raiden III Digital Edition.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Wonder if Dead Space will beat out Callisto Protocol or will it somehow bugger because EA don't do QA.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

PowerBeard posted:

Wonder if Dead Space will beat out Callisto Protocol or will it somehow bugger because EA don't do QA.

As someone who played TCP all the way through, the bar is extremely low.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

Forspoken (1/24) - Well, that just happened. Let me get this straight. This game, is coming to Steam, on January 24th, and there's a demo, but it's only on PS5?? Yeah, I guess this is my life now. Is that a freakin' 65 Metacritic score on the horizon?? Huh. Exit, stage right.

I especially appreciated this part.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm too posted out to do a big effort thing for the games in january but here's what's coming up in January on Steam:

Scott Pilgrim vs the World Complete Edition (1/5) - It's the famous PS3 licensed brawler, on Steam. boy, Paul Robertson did some really creepy art before getting famous, huh? No reason for mentioning that, really. Anyway,

I'm glad it's coming to Steam, but I already bought it once on PS3, then on Epic/Uplay when they released the new version... and I'm gonna have to buy this too if I want to play with Steam-buying friends, huh? You can be sure there's no crossplay.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I feel like Harvestella would be so much easier of a sale if it wasn't 60 bucks base.
How long is it anyways content wise?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Anyone else notice that Playnite is not importing every Epic game, or is that just for me?

e:started working after I launched EGS. I don't think that was necessary before.

I couldn't find Star Wars: Squadrons on the Epic list after I redeemed a free copy on EGS, but later noticed that it was placed under the EA App list.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FrickenMoron posted:

I feel like Harvestella would be so much easier of a sale if it wasn't 60 bucks base.
How long is it anyways content wise?

its around 60-80ish hours to do the main story + side quests

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I know it got rough reviews at launch but is the ascent worth playing for $10?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

As someone who played TCP all the way through, the bar is extremely low.

Yet watch EA push out a rushed and buggy mess that slides right under that bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

steam