Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I wish Bioware could leave EA.

I wish Dragon Age could leave Bioware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Babylon's Fall

Holy poo poo what a dud of a game.

quote:

On Steam, the game has an all-time high of 1166 concurrent players, which fell to just one player in May 2022.

Sounds like someone needs to do a wellness check on that steam account user.

I'm not sure what could be more embarrassing

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 29, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

I'm so used to crapsack morally grey endings to games and movies that I guess I didn't know how to react to Hardspace's actual happy ending.

I almost feel like that's a spoiler, given the intro

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17Xq34m6cM&t=292s

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

pentyne posted:

Holy poo poo what a dud of a game.

Sounds like someone needs to do a wellness check on that steam account user.

I'm not sure what could be more embarrassing

To be completely fair I think that one player was someone trying to play during server maintenance, but even so, uh..yeah..

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
WW2 themed FTL-like Bomber Crew is free to keep on Steam, if that's your sort of thing. I recall hearing mostly positive stuff about it back when.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/537800/Bomber_Crew/

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
That one person is in a Discord I post in. They seem to be enjoying the game but are mystified by the GAAS element.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Sniper Elite 5 is cool, I thought it would be a long range sniping game but really its more like going loud in Hitman or the later Splinter Cells (I guess you could stealth too but that seems miserable)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, apparently SE5 got taken off of Epic, not that anyone would notice.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Mordja posted:

WW2 themed FTL-like Bomber Crew is free to keep on Steam, if that's your sort of thing. I recall hearing mostly positive stuff about it back when.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/537800/Bomber_Crew/

Played it a bit. The gameplay is decent enough but there's something wrong where the game feels like it's running at 15 FPS when it's running at 80, and also there's mouse smoothing that kind of made me sick. For free it's worth a shot if you think you might like it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the steam controller config stuff to combine multiple input devices into one "controller"? I have a controller that is missing a few options from the full set of xbox controller buttons, and I'd like to be able to bind those extra buttons to keyboard keys or something while still having it show up as one input device in games. For example, I press A on my controller, it presses A in game, I press shift on my keyboard, it presses B in game. That kind of thing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mescal posted:

Well I wasn't a pc gamer during that era, so I never developed the skill to use KB+M controls that suck. Bummer cause I was ready to love that game due to videos like that one.
Ah... so your issue is just with the use of keyboard + mouse controls?

Try this, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h349_bPNSlQ

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Jamfrost posted:

64+ hours in Vampire Survivors and I'm still looking forward to playing more of the game. The best $3 I have ever spent.

It helps that the dev knows how to pull you in further and further into the game. That latest update is a trip.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I took a break to consume other media in my life (Elden Ring, Barry) and I haven't played in like two months and a half and I'm looking at what's new and I'm Scared

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I have Elden Ring and RDR2 and Horizon sitting unplayed and unloved on my PC because I can't stop playing Siralim Ultimate. I really need to get out of the habit of buying games just because I feel like I want them and then leaving them untouched.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm into Chapter 6 of my RDR2 replay and Jesus Christ the Beaver Hollow camp experience is so miserable. The gang is falling apart, Arthur is dying and it's all so sad :smith:

Make RDR3 yet another prequel, let me play as Hosea in his prime and shift to a young Arthur in the epilogue or something. That or (and :mad:) port the original game and release it on PC at last you cowards.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Artelier posted:

I took a break to consume other media in my life (Elden Ring, Barry) and I haven't played in like two months and a half and I'm looking at what's new and I'm Scared

I never realised I needed it before, but a Hitman: Barry episode would be great.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Anyone looking to get the Diamond Build Your Own Bundle thing from Fanatical? It's a bit poo poo, but if anyone's interested, I've got a coupon that gives you 2 bucks off.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I have Elden Ring and RDR2 and Horizon sitting unplayed and unloved on my PC because I can't stop playing Siralim Ultimate. I really need to get out of the habit of buying games just because I feel like I want them and then leaving them untouched.

SU is awesome but after 50 hours of mindlessly holding down the A button and winning every fight even on Realm Instability 5 with ease I've kinda gotten bored :/

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jerusalem posted:

That or (and :mad:) port the original game and release it on PC at last you cowards.

Yea I’d love to play red dead revolver again

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sab669 posted:

SU is awesome but after 50 hours of mindlessly holding down the A button and winning every fight even on Realm Instability 5 with ease I've kinda gotten bored :/

I'm not even good at these kinds of games and I'm still wrecking everything. Time to restart with a more complicated class and bewilder myself!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well you guys weren't kidding when you said Horizon 5 had some of the most cringe-inducing dialogue in gaming. It may be a side effect of Spanish being my first language, but holy poo poo, this is like... whatever the opposite of ASMR is.

Game looks loving incredible though, god drat.

It also looks like it picked up my name from my xbox profile and it's really weird hearing the game call me by my irl first name :v:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Horizon 5 is great to play but I do my very best to have a podcast on while I'm gaming

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played some Sniper Elite 5 with a friend last night, hoping that co-op would save that game, but no that game's just dull as dishwater. The levels are sparsely populated, open world-FEELING areas, but in reality there's tons of invisible walls blocking you from climbing waist high dirt piles that look climbable so it's still forcing you down corridors essentially. The stealth doesn't feel particularly satisfying so I end up sniping as many people as I can then handling them one by one as the rest flow in from elsewhere on the map. It's really the perfect gamepass game because you play it for just long enough to get a couple cool kill cams before realizing that's still basically the only thing that is fun about this game and uninstalling it.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

explosivo posted:

I played some Sniper Elite 5 with a friend last night

Condolences to your wallet and your friend's.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well you guys weren't kidding when you said Horizon 5 had some of the most cringe-inducing dialogue in gaming. It may be a side effect of Spanish being my first language, but holy poo poo, this is like... whatever the opposite of ASMR is.

Hey ese, usted should have picked Horizon Cuatro for the tally ho guv' :v:

The dialogue in all of these games is so bad that I just love how bad it is.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Have you unlocked and used the thing that forces you into different classes/builds/restrictions each time? I felt pretty much the same way for a while, but half the fun for me is building teams and being forced to constantly re-build around different restrictions was what I needed

e: Then again 60 hours was about what I got out of it :v: Great game

e2: Dark Messiah chat always makes me wonder when someone's going to remake goddamn Die By The Sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RC268vmQuU

Still the best melee combat a game has ever had. It was doing what VR games are doing today except way back in 1998 and without VR.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 29, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Have you unlocked and used the thing that forces you into different classes/builds/restrictions each time? I felt pretty much the same way for a while, but half the fun for me is building teams and being forced to constantly re-build around different restrictions was what I needed

e: Then again 60 hours was about what I got out of it :v: Great game

I've beaten the campaign with two different characters and I'm at 80 hours already and just delving into the thousands of hours of postgame stuff. It's my jam exactly. I mean I did get told off on the forums for admitting I sometimes fuse creatures based on colour combinations looking good rather than combat potential, but if I wanna play it like Pokemon and win with my favourites that is my drat prerogative.

Also I found a character skin that made my character a border collie. GOTY

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Also I found a character skin that made my character a border collie. GOTY

Jealous, I only have the genetic mistake:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Jealous, I only have the genetic mistake:

:3:

Dawg:

Right now I'm trying to make a team of all bats but I found out one of the ferret people looks like a polecat and I love those littie idiots.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Xander77 posted:

Ah... so your issue is just with the use of keyboard + mouse controls?

Try this, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h349_bPNSlQ

Oh, I tried using a controller profile first thing, then it didn't work well so I tried mouse and key. I think I'll reinstall the game to remind me what was tripping me up. I'm messing with my settings. I just (again!) disabled "enhance pointer precision" in Windows, which probably screws up mouse to gamepad settings. I changed my controller settings in Hitman to have a 'wide response curve' on the right stick and I'll see what it does. I want my camera in games to move very slowly when I lightly move the stick, and extremely fast when I push it to 100%. I think that's the setting that does that. (Unfortunately that can't make the camera move faster than max allowed by game.) But how does it work when using response curves on gamepad when the game thinks I'm using a mouse?

I bet enhance pointer precision and response curves together can screw up a pad-to-mouse. I don't remember what my settings were at when I tried dark messiah before.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jimbot posted:

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I'll take a looksee at those and see if they pique my interest. Glad to see some studios are keeping that genre alive. I'm not a big sports head. In fact, the only the exposure to sports is watching the Secret Base Dorktown and Jon Bois videos, but I did love those arcade sports games growing up.
Another Arcadey American Football Indie Game I missed:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1297790/Sunday_Rivals/

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Armauk posted:

It’s on game pass!

I am actually vibing with it in coop. You just have to turn the difficulty up a bunch. Actually finding the invasions to be additive as well- not necessarily because the actual invaders are crazy effective, but it does make things way more tense, and can force you to take more risks which make the AI more dangerous in turn. It’s not an incredible game, but I think it’s worth trying going through the campaign if you’ve got Gamepass. It does seem like they’re trying to make it more Hitman esque but aren’t quite there yet.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Jokymi posted:

Cook Serve Delicious 3 is a fantastic game, and I think a lot of people slept on it after 2 ended up being something of a let down. I'd really recommend giving it a chance if you haven't.

As a fan of the franchise, can someone explain why CSD 2 is always called “a disappointment” when it is brought up? I think it’s far and away the best of the three and that CSD 3 is a major step down in both gameplay and soundtrack. The only other person I know that plays the franchise agrees, so what did people not like about CSD 2?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Another Arcadey American Football Indie Game I missed:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1297790/Sunday_Rivals/

That is not a touchdown!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Armauk posted:

Gamepass.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Kibayasu posted:

That is not a touchdown!

I think it is? He catches the pass, becomes a runner, so I think all he has to do is break the plane of the goal line to have a TD, which is what the pylon indicates. Unless he stepped out of bounds or something.

Of course, this game could have moon logic for all I know like the NFL.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I've been playing Sniper Elite 5 as well and I think they need to stop calling these sniper games because half the time you're better off not sniping anyway. That's not to say that AA stealth action games don't have their place, but it's not much of a "sniper" game so much as it is a "saboteur" game where the player also happens to wield a sniper rifle.

Also I second that the maps are still basically just series of corridors and I spent most of the time just running around obstacles or whatever instead of actually doing anything engaging, and this is on the "Sniper Elite" difficulty too.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

As a fan of the franchise, can someone explain why CSD 2 is always called “a disappointment” when it is brought up? I think it’s far and away the best of the three and that CSD 3 is a major step down in both gameplay and soundtrack. The only other person I know that plays the franchise agrees, so what did people not like about CSD 2?

I tend to agree with you (maybe not major step down but i have like 3x as much time in 2 as in 3), but it boils down to several elements:
i) people who liked the concept of 'develop your own restaurant' were disappointed by the sandbox mode of play. Without the gated progression of the first game (which I am happy to see gone), the feeling of advancement ends up pretty hollow. The only real upgrades to advance your restaurant are pretty similar 'this chore shows up x% less' (and iirc even that didn't exist in the initial release). As you play a handful of days (initial release iirc), the Buzz will climb quite quickly to the point at which a new player will be overwhelmed. (My memory may be hazy but the option to reduce Buzz might have been an early patch and not release?)

ii) A tradeoff against 2's more general + flexible way of handling foods is that fewer (there are exceptions) of the foods feel as well differentiated from the others. In particular, each food in 1 had its own level to ease you in with more complex recipes unlocking over time. This feeds into issue i) as well

iii) on the technical level, 2 could have used a few extra passes for polish before launch. certain features like mouse UI for restaurant customization were entirely missing.

My upshot is that most of the sense of disappointment was from issues of comparison with the first game. Whenever I played it I tend to quickly run out of inspiration and spin my wheels, outside of starting a new profile and going through all of the Chef for Hire levels again.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Magnetic North posted:

I think it is? He catches the pass, becomes a runner, so I think all he has to do is break the plane of the goal line to have a TD, which is what the pylon indicates. Unless he stepped out of bounds or something.

Of course, this game could have moon logic for all I know like the NFL.

That's absolutely not a touchdown he literally dives out of bounds yards before the goal line and lands outside the goal.