Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hey guys I bought Monster Train since the Recommendation thread pointed it to me as a Slay the Spire fan and I just want to say---

Kibayasu posted:

This is like when I found out you hold F to go faster in Ski Free and escape the yeti. My world is falling apart.

--what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Holding F in Ski-Free is a cheat code

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've never even played that game, but I swear the gobsmacked reactions every time someone mentions that will never not be funny to me.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Naturally, there's a relevant xkcd.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
But you still get eaten immediately as soon as you hit a tree?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kennel posted:

But you still get eaten immediately as soon as you hit a tree?

Yup, unless you can do well enough to hit 2000 distance, when the whole course loops. The new game becomes how many times you can loop before messing up.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

skifree was a roguelike

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was actually the first gotcha game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:tizzy:

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

It was actually the first gotcha game.

Mmm.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
finished Darksiders III last week, it's fun and thankfully not bloated like DSII was, but I wish it hadn't gone in the Soulslike direction and had kept the character-action style combat from DSII. Also, PC performance is playable but abysmal, probably because it seems to be really badly optimized on the CPU side

11/11 is a decent narrative WW1 game, though the writing is pretty heavy-handed. And midway through Invisible Hours, which seems to have a pretty good story thus far even if it's more immersive theater than game.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Anyone else find Road Redemption incredibly difficult to progress through? On stages were I come in first place or kill a lot of dudes it doesn't seem to translate to enough XP and/or money. The items you can purchase are too expensive for what you get. I still think Road Rash is better.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and bad at video games.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Tangentially steam related, anyone do any couch pc gaming with m+k? Any preferred kind of lap board or something that isn't a plank of plywood?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Remake Skyroads

http://openroadsgame.com/

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Gromit looks likely to take the crown for “best character backstory”, I’ll pester him on Steam tomorrow for the same thing provided he still wins.

Because they are an absolute legend, I was gifted Prey as a reward for playing a fun rogue-like that ate over 600 hours of my life. Back in the day, that is - not just for this competition!

Thanks Ugly - I've heard really good things about Prey.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Satisfactory announced the date for their Steam launch.

Coffee Stain posted:

You can expect Satisfactory on steam Monday, June 8!
Yeah we said Tuesday in the past, but we say a lot of things.

I know it's been frustrating that we haven't been able to announce an official date until now (believe me, It's been frustrating for us as well). But we're here now and we're definitely releasing it Monday, June 8 and we're super stoked about that!

Launch Discount
During release we'll also be a running a 10% discount on the game (which is released Monday, June 8)!

Until then (Monday, June 8)! Take care!
https://twitter.com/SatisfactoryAF/status/1266369061354475526

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
As someone posted a few weeks ago, today is the last time Chrono.gg is adding new games to its coin shop, which will be closed permanently in 1 month, so spend that spare change, if you still have any.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Samuringa posted:

As someone posted a few weeks ago, today is the last time Chrono.gg is adding new games to its coin shop, which will be closed permanently in 1 month, so spend that spare change, if you still have any.
Site hasn't been loading for over 20 minutes, so good luck beating out the bots and all the other people trying to get the potentially one good game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm still giving SYNTHETIK the odd try or two but I think it's a bust for me. Can't really define why yet but none of the archetypes or even gameplay flow are clicking :shrug:

My action rogue-ish game streak continues; I'm thinking about Hand of Fate 2 again...

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Tangentially steam related, anyone do any couch pc gaming with m+k? Any preferred kind of lap board or something that isn't a plank of plywood?

I do, a lot. I bought a lap board from Barnes and Noble, of all places, years ago; wood, yes, but with cushions on the bottom of it. It's a Lapgear pretty much like this one over on Amazon. They have a zillion models, it seems. It's comfortable and pretty durable.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

this is like a nostalgia speedball and I'm going full John Belushi

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The music in that browser version of Skyroads is all hosed up. It sounds terrible on my system, not at all like the beautiful space synth I remember!

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
The music is hosed and the screen flickers in Slimjet, a lightweight fork of Chrome, but it seems to work alright with Chrome itself.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Samuringa posted:

These are up and will be gone in a minute.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Aand RIP Iconoclasts.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

OzFactor posted:

I did this last week and it is so hilariously worth $10. It's insanely good. If anyone's on the fence about its early-access-ness, it's absolutely a full game and it's incredible.

It's Supergiant's best game, it's so incredibly good.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I got through so here is a key for X-Morp* Defense 8P33V-*EB84-7FQFC
and Dino Run DX: YATJC-**T9Y-7B8PZ *=Z

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

These are up and will be gone in a minute.

yay I managed to get an Iconoclasts key before they ran out. one of my most wanted games

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

1. Thanks! Neat.

2. It's a bit slow to respond.

3. Wasn't the original made by the skype people? You'd think there would be an official freeware release by now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The Deed II, a game about committing a perfect murder, is finally out of EA!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The music in that browser version of Skyroads is all hosed up. It sounds terrible on my system, not at all like the beautiful space synth I remember!

This one plays in a browser too

https://archive.org/details/msdos_SkyRoads_Xmas_Special_1994

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Yeah, yeah EGS, but Hades is on sale for $19.99 and with the sale coupon you can get it for $9.99 which is a loving steal. That game is so good and content-rich it's crazy.

I bought this, lost 3 hours, and now can't decide if I hate or love you. So goddamn good.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I've got an XCom 2 steam code up for grabs, first to reply gets it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Braking Gnus posted:

I bought this, lost 3 hours, and now can't decide if I hate or love you. So goddamn good.

heh, only three hours :allears:

Hades is fantastic and assuming you're willing to put up with EGS getting it for :10bux: is as free real estate as it gets. I'm just waiting for full release to pick it back up, myself- should be within the next few months I think?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Pirate Captain posted:

I've got an XCom 2 steam code up for grabs, first to reply gets it.

I'd love to have it. thankyousungod@protonmail.com

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Okay, well, I guess I have a bunch of new games I don't care about besides XCOM2. I wasn't aware Warsaw even came out--for the Darkest Dungeon fans here, is it worth playing?

Is MO Astray worth playing?

My understanding was that Swords of Ditto fell into the ever-growing chasm of "would have been fun if not procedurally generated," did that change with its DLC/expansion?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Sent, enjoy.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Thank you!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Going through some Humble games I'm not going to take:

ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ ?remium Edition -- BTQR3-BX09?-JDJDM
GET ?VEN -- CR4X7-0A?Y2-DMHAF
Pa?-Man 256 -- D6QDQ-0Q0ZD-8?VP3
RAD -- 9K74W-YEJ?8-6JQMQ
TE??EN 7 -- 7ELRM-3C3Y6-D?IL6
Freedom Plane? -- 5Q637-G0B6K-J8Q?0
?ercenary Kings -- ?6JLR-BFJ9B-09EA6
Scree?cheat -- TJ6KF-?3563-ZH42F
Garry's ?od -- N0ZGK-9N7Q?-N6P43
Dear ?sther -- 0HCH3-HIBYK-?3VDD
English Countr? Tune -- 6EBET-3I?9?-E6F8L
Intrusio? 2 -- IPPMQ-IF5Z?-KZIMP
Oil ?ush -- 2N??NN3KF6L7JVE5
Tiny and Big in G?andpa's Leftovers -- CQXEJ-C2PBG-7?A66
Bastio? -- YKVBR-P2VMV-XE4?8

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bruceski posted:

Going through some Humble games I'm not going to take:

ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ ?remium Edition -- BTQR3-BX09?-JDJDM
GET ?VEN -- CR4X7-0A?Y2-DMHAF
Pa?-Man 256 -- D6QDQ-0Q0ZD-8?VP3
RAD -- 9K74W-YEJ?8-6JQMQ
TE??EN 7 -- 7ELRM-3C3Y6-D?IL6
Freedom Plane? -- 5Q637-G0B6K-J8Q?0
?ercenary Kings -- ?6JLR-BFJ9B-09EA6
Scree?cheat -- TJ6KF-?3563-ZH42F
Garry's ?od -- N0ZGK-9N7Q?-N6P43
Dear ?sther -- 0HCH3-HIBYK-?3VDD
English Countr? Tune -- 6EBET-3I?9?-E6F8L
Intrusio? 2 -- IPPMQ-IF5Z?-KZIMP
Oil ?ush -- 2N??NN3KF6L7JVE5
Tiny and Big in G?andpa's Leftovers -- CQXEJ-C2PBG-7?A66
Bastio? -- YKVBR-P2VMV-XE4?8

Hey, thanks, I took Get Even, been interested in it for a while.