Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sadly a couple of other things on there were Desura keys. Should've done those earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/a73gwki.mp4
I just waited there and these idiots kept coming one by one until the map was empty.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Sounds like you met that objective and then some.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kennel posted:

I just waited there and these idiots kept coming one by one until the map was empty.

They were all BAKA.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

hello friends, my humble monthly renewed despite me being pretty sure i cancelled it and i really don't want any of it besides xcom 2 and chess ultra so here's some games:

Ri*e of Indu*try:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=8dpUKWez*MK63qub

Niche - A Gene*ics Survival Game:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Xa*cuP5vA8pk3v22

Warhamm*r 40,000: Gladius - R*lics of War
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Z*zVfcKuCk4WNvYk

Warsa*:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=N8sZZrkk3xM*GrRc

The Sword* of Ditto: Mormo's Cur*e:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MmsMpUVWXkqzC*FY

*eave *o:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=3r4VYxs57T5SGn*x (lowercase letter)

MO: A*tray:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=6cDBTMy4uZ2EPTk*

i hope these games are all a more fun waste of your time than the 5 minutes of mine it took to create their gift links, please enjoy <3

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Seems like most/all of them have been lurked or scraped.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Thank you for Niche. I had been eyeing it since release.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

may a bolt of lightning cast down the lurkers and turn their sick gaming rigs to a pile of warped metal and melted rgb lighting 🙏

Det_no posted:

Thank you for Niche. I had been eyeing it since release.

no prob! actually looked at the description for it and thought it sounded pretty interesting but have way too many strategy games already (and many, many more other games to finish regardless) hope it's fun!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Katty! posted:

hello friends, my humble monthly renewed despite me being pretty sure i cancelled it and i really don't want any of it besides xcom 2
Same, goddamn it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kennel posted:

https://i.imgur.com/a73gwki.mp4

I also had this happen when I played Mafia III.

Speaking of the Mafia games, I noticed that there's a remake (?) of Mafia 1 coming out in the future. I also found out (while looking to get that screenshot) that I got the Mafia 2 Definitive Edition added to my library automatically, I guess because I had the original version.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ShootaBoy posted:

Seems like most/all of them have been lurked or scraped.

Is there some proper way to dodge scrapers, or are we just guessing at what'll work short of encoding the whole key into a cryptic crossword?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive always been of the opinion that its not bots its just goons who dont say thanks

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Probably. It's not like the same thing doesn't happen in the Steam gifting thread that isn't open to unregistered readers.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

ive always been of the opinion that its not bots its just goons who dont say thanks

I would usually just prefer to have goons add me on Steam and message me than post it in here.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I would usually just prefer to have goons add me on Steam and message me than post it in here.

i usually go to the games page and see who has it wishlisted and give them out based on that. a lot of times people just dont care if their keys are lurked though and dont want to put extra effort into giving them out which i can respect.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Whenver I give out keys, I always just take the bit of extra effort and send them out via pms or friending people on steam. I'd rather that than have someone not even bother to take 2 seconds to post a thank you after sniping 4 keys.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Hub Cat posted:

Satisfactory announced the date for their Steam launch.

https://twitter.com/SatisfactoryAF/status/1266369061354475526

This game seems really cool and has a very polished presentation but with my setup that's passable on most modern games (1060 6gb, 16gb ram) I get some really annoying frame rate dips independent of my in-game quality settings. If anyone's solves this I'd love to hear about it, because the game looks great but the performance has made me put it aside

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is the new Shantae game on the level of Pirate's Curse, or is it more along the lines of Half-Genie Hero (which was good, but not great like Pirate's Curse)

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 30, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ALERT: Cheap Yakuza 0 on Fanatical

Last few keys lefttttt

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
If you haven't played Yakuza by now you don't deserve it at such a discount! You deserve a nonfunctioning bag phone!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I don't think I've ever played a game where you as the PC commit acts so horrifically immoral and unethical as part of the required game narrative as you do in Remember Me.

Like, at least in Spec Ops after the wp scene everyone is hosed up mentally over it.

Fun Times! posted:

If you haven't played Yakuza by now you don't deserve it at such a discount! You deserve a nonfunctioning bag phone!

Real yakuza pay full price.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Barry Convex posted:

Also, PC performance is playable but abysmal, probably because it seems to be really badly optimized on the CPU side

"November 28, 2018
"Darksiders 3 has just been released to everyone and we’ve decided to use the final/retail..."

the game recieved multiple patches that severely enhanced performance. I don't see how that article is still relevant without reflecting the updates (and possible new drivers). I didn't run into any severe issues in fully streamed levels (transition still can cause a few minor stutters) as of January / February 2019 with a Xeon E3 and 1080 @1440 and have 50-60 on 4k currently with a Ryzen 3700.

Dunno your rig, but DS3 should not have "abysmal" performance since early 2019 on somewhat okay PCs.

never dropping below 60.

note that the game has a default frame lock of unreal typical 62FPS.

haldolium fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 30, 2020

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What are some good, chill turn based multi games that can preferably be played with a controller? For The King is cool, Worms IA alright, Civ 5 has some weird graphical issues, Endless Legend UI is too small for my TV, and I dunno what beyond that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I didn't end up attaching very hard to Slay the Spire or most any other deckbuilder so far, but Monster Train has quickly caught my attention and become a big favorite time vacuum

As usual for me it helps that it has some seriously fantastic music. This is the first boss!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBkpmmHGKYg

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Finished my replay run of Shadow Warrior (2013), man, what a great game, my only regret is that you can't play with the fully upgraded sword from the beginning, I know it would make the game a cake walk, even in insane difficulty, but it would be a fun time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

Is the new Shantae game on the level of Pirate's Curse, or is it more along the lines of Half-Genie Hero (which was good, but not great like Pirate's Curse)

It's kind of the midpoint between the two, in a technical way? It plays mostly more like Pirate's Curse but looks like Half-Genie. Probably overall a bit better than Half-Genie. Enjoyable. Has one big metroidvania world with several labyrinths that have their own map. Maybe kinda like Portrait of Ruin as an example? New powers are pretty good, although you might find yourself a bit annoyed at using the dances to check for hidden stuff on like every screen if you're completionist. I beat it tonight with like 70% percent and will prob go back to find what I missed.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 30, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I dislike level-based games, which made recent Shantae games not appeal that much to me, so that makes me a lot more interested in it. How's the variety of powers? Metroidvania games really thrive on giving you lots of things to collect and exploit for progress.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cardiovorax posted:

I dislike level-based games, which made recent Shantae games not appeal that much to me, so that makes me a lot more interested in it. How's the variety of powers? Metroidvania games really thrive on giving you lots of things to collect and exploit for progress.

I guess I should spoil this, but it's just a description of upgrades:

you get a thing to move horizontally in air and stick to / climb walls
you get a digging thing
you get a thing to break blocks and stomp
you get a swim
you get a double and triple jump

there is also
a secret finder
a restore power that does less obvious things
electricity thing that does machine things
earthquake thing that moves blocks and uncovers secrets

and most of the magic you could buy in previous games, fireballs, pikeballs, superballs, shield, etc

I will say the game is kind of overall easy as you get a LOT of options for healing items. You could choose to ignore them and not use them, though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How does Risky's Revenge compare to the other Shantae games? I played the PC version of that and I wasn't terribly impressed.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ultrafilter posted:

How does Risky's Revenge compare to the other Shantae games? I played the PC version of that and I wasn't terribly impressed.

That one is ok, although it's kind of short. It's probably...bottom 2 of the 5? Really depends on your tastes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I guess I should spoil this, but it's just a description of upgrades:

<spoiler>

I will say the game is kind of overall easy as you get a LOT of options for healing items. You could choose to ignore them and not use them, though.
Thanks. Bit more basic than I was hoping for, but I think I'll give it a shot. There's never enough good Metroidvania games around.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
While I'm posting about it too, the new game has like a lot of new characters, and also small animated cutscenes. The game boots up with a little anime intro and every boss gets a short intro thing too. There's a fair bit of voice acting but it's not every line. Music's good. There's a "dance" minigame that I...don't think I understand at all. Final boss is neat.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hub Cat posted:

Satisfactory announced the date for their Steam launch.

https://twitter.com/SatisfactoryAF/status/1266369061354475526

I wonder if Epic includes a clause in their exclusive contracts that developers can't announce a steam release date until a certain amount of days before release.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I wonder if Epic includes a clause in their exclusive contracts that developers can't announce a steam release date until a certain amount of days before release.

It's not universal though, I seem to recall some AAA games being announced both for Epic exclusivity and giving a Steam release date at the same time. In this case, I'd put it down to it being hard for an indie dev to give fixed dates until you've got a release candidate and is days away from release.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Maybe they're just trying to make sure that they have people's attention as close to the actual release date as possible so more of them will still remember the game and buy it? Seems sensible. There are quite a few Epic exclusives that I thought sounded neat when they were released on the EGS and now I don't even remember their names.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I found out that evolution rpg game has been on epic for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8NO6hAB4z8

I'll get it on steam eventually, it looks cool.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

I personally wouldn't recommend it. It is really cool conceptually, but the game runs out of ideas way before it runs out of content and large parts of it consist of ploddingly doing the same thing over and over again for +percent to whatever bonuses with no new mechanics or anything interesting being introduced again. It's a great idea that suffers massively from being heavily front-loaded and then just fizzling out. If you get it, don't get it for more that 15$ or so.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

goferchan posted:

This game seems really cool and has a very polished presentation but with my setup that's passable on most modern games (1060 6gb, 16gb ram) I get some really annoying frame rate dips independent of my in-game quality settings. If anyone's solves this I'd love to hear about it, because the game looks great but the performance has made me put it aside

It's probably your CPU, it's a very CPU heavy game. What do you have?
Performance has improved significantly for me with every update, for what that's worth. Tried update 3?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ymgve posted:

It's not universal though, I seem to recall some AAA games being announced both for Epic exclusivity and giving a Steam release date at the same time. In this case, I'd put it down to it being hard for an indie dev to give fixed dates until you've got a release candidate and is days away from release.
Its this. The release will be concurrent with a minor content patch so they needed to conclude the public bug squash on the experimental branch. And there's not insignificant launch client dependence on multiplayer so they needed to build and test the hooks into the Steam account to work like the current hooks to the Epic account. Delays were probably on the last one, even singleplayer uses the account hooks to make it seamless to go to/from private to friends to public so its not simply a "add build to Steam" type release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lord Lambeth posted:

Along with what Cardiovorax already said, don't think this is a monkey to man simulator either.

It's monkey to slightly smarter monkey.