Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

lol, autotranslate:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Lone Goat posted:

Hey sorry I don't check this thread that often but here is the cool bird, apologies for the delay.

Thank you for actioning this request.

I'm gonna put this bird in a tab and keep it there for a while, see how I feel about it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe they're making another console.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That's a freaking sick bird. I want to be surrounded by them.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

SEGATA SANSHIRO
SEGATA SANSHIRO
:woop:
SEGA SA~TAN SHIRO

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I have no idea what content it adds or if its even good but two more DLCs were added to the Humble Cities Skyline Bundle, in the BTA tier, After Dark and All That Jazz.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I played (but didn't beat) Red Alert 1 and I've never had a chance to play Command and Conquer so I'm looking forward to the remaster. Hopefully it does well enough to get EA to remaster RA 2 and Yuri's Revenge because I played the hell out of that one back in the day.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Speaking of C&C remastered if anybody preordered it from Greenmangaming they changed the page to Origin keys so if that matters to you(especially for Steam Workshop support), you may want to contact customer support.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 3, 2020

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I wanted an official announcement of Yakuza Remastered Collection coming to PC so bad. Surely they will eventually do it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Givin posted:

I wanted an official announcement of Yakuza Remastered Collection coming to PC so bad. Surely they will eventually do it.
We haven't even got the official announcement that Yakuza 7 is coming to PC, but we know its on the way. It'll come, eventually.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gorn Myson posted:

We haven't even got the official announcement that Yakuza 7 is coming to PC, but we know its on the way. It'll come, eventually.

It's got a Steam Store listing though no release date yet.

But yes, goddammit announce the 3-6 PC versions (on Steam!) Sega you cowards.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Morter posted:

SEGATA SANSHIRO
SEGATA SANSHIRO
:woop:
SEGA SA~TAN SHIRO

That's the real son of the actor too.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I really should have just played them on PS4 during the quarantine, but I'm still waiting for PC too just because that's how I played the other ones.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow, had no idea that was up already.

But we know 3-6 is coming. It makes too much sense for it not to be true. And fingers crossed, we'll get Judgement and various others at some point too.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Det_no posted:

That's the real son of the actor too.

To-san!! :qq:

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Speaking of Sega, this is a(n incredibly tiny) thing.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1267984400773378051?s=20

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Sinteres posted:

I really should have just played them on PS4 during the quarantine, but I'm still waiting for PC too just because that's how I played the other ones.

I almost bought them about an hour ago on PS4, but held back because the PC versions of 0, K1 and K2 are so good and I want them all in one place. And despite it being a risk we may never see 6, I'm holding off. After this gen of consoles I think I'm just done and sticking with PC from now on. I'd rather hedge my bets on Steam rather than have them die to the oblivion that will be PS4 support on PSN eventually. I don't believe any of Sony's bullshit when they say backward comparability.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It'd be weird for the Remastered Collection to come out before Judgement or 6 but not any weirder than the whole Yakuza cycle of the last 5 years.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anno posted:

Speaking of Sega, this is a(n incredibly tiny) thing.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1267984400773378051?s=20

this will be impossible to play games on. it has to be a joke right?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Awesome! posted:

this will be impossible to play games on. it has to be a joke right?

https://60th.sega.com/ggmicro/

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've owned bigger pocket calculators than that. I can only imagine the eyestrain.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Either that's a basketball player's hand or this thing is significantly smaller than the Gameboy Micro.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Unreal_One posted:

Either that's a basketball player's hand or this thing is significantly smaller than the Gameboy Micro.

https://twitter.com/ashthedragon/status/1267987728043520001

They seem to be going out of their way to make it look tiny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sega Exec: Let's go with the original screen resolution.
Tech: But... that was 160 × 144...
Sega Exec: Did I loving stutter?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
For those of you that have never played on the game gear, drat near every game had a bitchin' soundtrack, especially the Yuzo Koshiro ones like Streets of Rage 1 and Batman Returns, but by god, games like sonic sucked rear end because going fast was the best way to get yourself killed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The game gear used 6 AA batteries and had a battery life of 4 hours.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

No Wave posted:

gently caress me, you could kill someone with that battery charger

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

No Wave posted:

Assuming you were using super batteries that didn't exist back then, sure! We had the wall plug in back battery thing (e: Powerback), which helped, but it was abysmal compared to the Gameboy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i had one of those big magnifier screen attachments for mine

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

No Wave posted:

This was my chief memory of the game gear too

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Jerusalem posted:

Sega Exec: Let's go with the original screen resolution.
Tech: But... that was 160 × 144...
Sega Exec: Did I loving stutter?

Oh my god we're back to 'original cellphone screen' resolutions :allears:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If all else fails, it made for a very flimsy morning star

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is "Kenshi" any good?

I watched this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J-K0Tg6dFs

The open ended sandbox gameplay seems cool to me. But the game also seems a bit...boring.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Finally finished Yakuza 0. I feel like the final chapter really exposed the battle system though, it was really unfun to beeline to guys with guns way in the back with the stilted-ish dodging/blocking mechanics. The bosses were pretty unfun too, with way too much armour and invincibility.

Are Kiwami 2's battles like that? Or did they overhaul the system.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They get rocket launchers. But so do you!

Orv
May 4, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is "Kenshi" any good?

I watched this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J-K0Tg6dFs

The open ended sandbox gameplay seems cool to me. But the game also seems a bit...boring.

The people who love Kenshi loving love Kenshi but if you aren't one of those people you're unlikely to enjoy it at all. It's one of those games, utterly polarizing, utterly consuming if it hits your brain right.

You can stop by the thread if you have more specific questions about it, they're all pretty chill in there.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Thanks.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

No Wave posted:

The Game Gear didn't drain batteries, it ATE them! You'd open the battery compartments and the AA batteries would just be gone. You'd hear a comically long burp.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The price point for the MGG seems to be quite low. If they have some way of adding more games to it, it could actually take off and people would develop games for it. In this day and age, developing a 2D game for such a low-spec console should be rather cheap, so lots of small teams could spring up around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Blattdorf posted:

The price point for the MGG seems to be quite low. If they have some way of adding more games to it, it could actually take off and people would develop games for it. In this day and age, developing a 2D game for such a low-spec console should be rather cheap, so lots of small teams could spring up around it.

its a gaming device for ants