Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

No Wave posted:

The game gear used 6 AA batteries and had a battery life of 4 hours.

6AA batteries is $2 today.

So you could very well spend ten dollars a week on Game Gear batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
lol it comes with a magnifying thing

honestly it is so stupid that it owns

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Hey sorry I don't check this thread that often but here is the cool bird, apologies for the delay.

As someone who lobbied for the cool bird it behooves me to quote the cool bird no matter how late.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Lone Goat posted:

Hey sorry I don't check this thread that often but here is the cool bird, apologies for the delay.

As someone who lobbied for the cool bird it behooves me to quote the cool bird no matter how late.

I just want to say thanks, because I skipped a bunch of posts and ended up on this page and now there is a cool bird which is cool and I appreciate.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Awesome! posted:

its a gaming device for ants

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Magnificent :allears:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Awesome! posted:

huh i didnt know they made a new yooka laylee. actually looks really good.

guess i might as well finally get the first one for $5 in that bundle too.

I got it free from Epic and it's great. If you ever played Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (beat straight-up side scroller in a decade at least) it plays a lot like that and you'll love it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

No Wave posted:

The game gear used 6 AA batteries and had a battery life of 4 hours.

That was the stated battery life but it was really closer to 2 hours. The backlight murdered the hell out of battery life. There’s a YouTube video of a guy who replaced the fluorescent tube backlight (yes, it was running a fluorescent tube off AA batteries) with LED’s and suddenly he was getting 16-18 hours off 6AA’s.

Count me in as another person who wants Y3-6 on Steam. I haven’t dusted off 6 since I got a computer with SSD’s in it because gently caress the PS4’s incredibly slow load times.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah Megaquarium is a good solid management game but it's not gonna blow anybody away.

Is there any management game that will blow you away?

I am new to the idea of management games, tell me what is the best. Not good ones you've tried, mind, the actual best one.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Funso Banjo posted:

Is there any management game that will blow you away?

I am new to the idea of management games, tell me what is the best. Not good ones you've tried, mind, the actual best one.

OG RCT still has my money.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is "Kenshi" any good?

I watched this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J-K0Tg6dFs

The open ended sandbox gameplay seems cool to me. But the game also seems a bit...boring.

Just swinging in to say that there's a demo for Kenshi that's long enough to get you a sense of how it is to play. Don't drop money until you're sure, it's a weird game. (that I love)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Orv posted:

OG RCT still has my money.

Hell yeah, Rollercoaster Tycoon still holds up even though it’s over two decades old. The UI isn’t even painful to use, which is rare for a game that old.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
I was just thinking of getting Parkitect. Is the original Rollercoaster Tycoon better?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tax Oddity posted:

I was just thinking of getting Parkitect. Is the original Rollercoaster Tycoon better?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tax Oddity posted:

Parkitect is a modern evolution of RCT 1/2. It's very good and very worth your time but RCT is never gonna be bad if you just wanna play that.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
Alright, thanks!

I'll probably start with Parkitect, since I haven't played either of them.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tax Oddity posted:

Alright, thanks!

I'll probably start with Parkitect, since I haven't played either of them.

There’s a mod that lets you ride the rides in 1st person view, grab that.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just started Stars Wars Fallen Order, man this game is brutal even on Jedi Master difficulty. The combat is pretty well done but I feel like it will take me sometime to use all my tools properly and be efficient in the combat. The enemy's are a lot faster than your typical souls enemy and deal way more damage but I guess you have force powers to compensate for that.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Lone Goat posted:

that is indeed a very cool bird!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Is there an FPS that goons recommend? I miss headshotting Nazis in the early CODs, but a lot of modern shooters feel a bit kinda bullet spongey.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hollandia posted:

Is there an FPS that goons recommend? I miss headshotting Nazis in the early CODs, but a lot of modern shooters feel a bit kinda bullet spongey.

Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Hollandia posted:

Both recent DOOMs are good FPS, and if you haven't you should definitively play Titanfall 2.

Personally I always liked Hard Reset too, especially the Redux version with dashing and overall fun robot shooting.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Hollandia posted:

Call of Juarez:Gunslinger, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Shadow Warrior (2013) are all good, thematic and filled with comedy, also they are relatively short too. However some enemies in Shadow Warrior get bullet spongey towards the end though.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 3, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hollandia posted:

Amid Evil
Dusk
Overload
Sniper Elite if headshotting Nazis is specifically what you're after

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Far Cry 5 and New Dawn are great but are also a little polarizing. I feel like Far Cry 4 is the most balanced and hopefully aged well by this point.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Luisfe posted:

lol it comes with a magnifying thing

honestly it is so stupid that it owns
That was a must-have accessory for the real Game Gear too. I wonder if my parents still have all my Game Gear poo poo - the carrying case, the extra battery pack, the magnifying screen, and all my classic games such as "Ren and Stimpy" and "DuckTales".

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hollandia posted:

Titanfall 2. Goes on sale every other week for like 3-5 bucks, has fantastic shooting, incredible movement, the best single player campaign of any shooter I've played and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Also warcrimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BrVuZUyH7s
shameless self plug, shut up :v:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Played Doom 2016, Gunslinger, Blood Dragon and Titanfall 2; I'll take a look at Hard Reset and another look at FC4 to see if I've changed my mind on it. I've also got Sniper Elite 3 in my backlog so I'll move it up to play next.

Thanks goons.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Is Titanfall 2 only on Origin and is there still a multiplayer community?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Anno posted:

Speaking of Sega, this is a(n incredibly tiny) thing.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1267984400773378051?s=20

I’m getting too old for this poo poo (without a magnifying glass or maybe some reading glasses)

E: And it comes with one! :getin: :corsair:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Hwurmp posted:

Sniper Elite if headshotting Nazis is specifically what you're after

Alternately you can nutcap Nazis instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4XSwqNCDnc

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is Titanfall 2 only on Origin
I think it's Origin only, yes.

Look Sir Droids posted:

is there still a multiplayer community?
There is! We've been playing some MP for an LP and have had 0 issues getting a game, not even having to wait overly long for one.

It also has a PvE co-op horde mode (Frontier Defence) which is really loving fun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

titanfall 2 is definitely still only origin otherwise i would've played it by now

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Ion Maiden is a good callback to the old 3D Realms style of shooter.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Disgusting Coward posted:

Ion Maiden is a good callback to the old 3D Realms style of shooter.
Yeah, it really shows why most of them were poo poo.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

lovely, right up there with the birb

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Just swinging in to say that there's a demo for Kenshi that's long enough to get you a sense of how it is to play. Don't drop money until you're sure, it's a weird game. (that I love)

Does my save in the demo transfer to the main game?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Does my save in the demo transfer to the main game?
It does, yes. The demo is the full game, it just's restricting you a maximum of 20 in every stat and skill. You can carry the save data right over, although you might have to manually copy it.

Kenshi is a great game that I have spent hundreds of hours on. It's also highly idiosyncratic, though, so it's a good idea to play the demo first. People tend to either really love it or find that it does not work for them at all.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lone Goat posted:

Yep, that bird's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Has anyone played Depth of Extinction? It looks like it just got a 2.0 update and is super cheap now. Does the update make it fun?