Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Viscera Cleanup Detail: I love this game. Also I feel kind of mean because I'm getting rid of corpses by... throwing them into the furnace. Mess gone. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Ask for games, more than one is fine. Give me your Steam profile if you don't have PM's.

Puss!
The Spiral Scouts
Fluffy Horde
Hacknet
Chasm
Tower of Guns
Think of the Children
Rising Dusk
Quest of Dungeons
Primal Carnage: Extinction
Paper Fire Rookie
Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom
Boundless

Desert Child
Horizon Chase Turbo
X-Morph: Defense
Aegis Defenders
Ancestors Legacy
Dead In Vinland
Dark Future: Blood Red States
Street Fighter V

Sininu fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 5, 2020

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

The Belkans are the explicitly WWI/WWII German stand-ins (Zero's hard-on for chivalric bullshit means there's even a bit of the Holy Roman Empire to them) and as far as I know Germans are far from being a protected class, so if the StrangeReal Germans happen to be the orchestrators of continuous conflicts in the setting I really think it's a massive stretch to go looking for antisemitism where there is none.

basically,

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

they're also Nazi analogues

honestly I was getting more of a (very slightly) uncomfortable eyeroll from how much of a lazy one-note Sapin (get it? God, they just moved a letter a single space...) is, I dig the soundtrack to Zero but they were one scene away from having a Sapin pilot announce he was really looking forwards to eating paella when the sorty was through

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 5, 2020

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Maybe they are meant to be a critique of people like Klaus Barbie and Wernher Von Braun? I’m not familiar with the franchise so I’ll shut up.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sininu posted:

Ask for games, more than one is fine. Give me your Steam profile if you don't have PM's.

Puss!
The Spiral Scouts
Fluffy Horde
Hacknet
Chasm
Tower of Guns
Think of the Children
Rising Dusk
Quest of Dungeons
Paper Fire Rookie
Boundless

Desert Child
Horizon Chase Turbo
Aegis Defenders
Ancestors Legacy
Dead In Vinland
Street Fighter V

I’ve been curious about Dead in Vinland for a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love that there's a game simply called "Puss!"

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

explosivo posted:

I love that there's a game simply called "Puss!"

Wanna find out what the game is about?

E: You are going to find out no matter what you'll say!

Sininu fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 5, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Fat Samurai posted:

I’ve been curious about Dead in Vinland for a while.
It's very interesting. A time management/exploration/VN/RPG thing that's a bit like a Princess Maker game, but not really. You've got to manage your food and water resources, make sure your characters don't get too stressed or depressed by their situation, handle their relationships within their family with dialogue choices, explore the map and fight enemies, etc. I enjoyed it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
can someone tell me why there is an unsettling amount of Discourse around steam game Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Any opinions on Parkasaurus? I know it's still on Early Access, but I see that it has overwhelmingly good reviews already. Some of the reviews say it's a bit on the simple end, is it another Jurassic World Evolution situation?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

El_Elegante posted:

Maybe they are meant to be a critique of people like Klaus Barbie and Wernher Von Braun? I’m not familiar with the franchise so I’ll shut up.

It's not meant to be, other than the trope of Crazy German Scientist. The whole conspiracy from 5 is pretty much just a Holcroft Covenant style thing.

KazigluBey posted:

The Belkans are the explicitly WWI/WWII German stand-ins (Zero's hard-on for chivalric bullshit means there's even a bit of the Holy Roman Empire to them)

Nah, that chivalric bullshit is more explicitly the Luftwaffe (and to be fair, general pilot attitude, Germans just took it extra far) attitude of "Knights of the Sky".

KazigluBey posted:

honestly I was getting more of a (very slightly) uncomfortable eyeroll from how much of a lazy one-note Sapin (get it? God, they just moved a letter a single space...) is, I dig the soundtrack to Zero but they were one scene away from having a Sapin pilot announce he was really looking forwards to eating paella when the sorty was through

Estovakia from 6 are so comedically Russian that their nickname, Stovie, is the same thing as Sapin, just move the T two spaces left. Whenever they do actual national analogues, they really suck, other than Belka.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Sininu posted:

Puss!
The Spiral Scouts
Fluffy Horde
Hacknet
Chasm
Tower of Guns
Think of the Children
Rising Dusk
Quest of Dungeons
Paper Fire Rookie
Boundless

Desert Child
Horizon Chase Turbo
Aegis Defenders
Ancestors Legacy
Dead In Vinland
Street Fighter V

Could I have Aegis Defenders? And if you are ok with me giving Ancestor's Legacy to a friend so we can play, that would be nice too.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

can someone tell me why there is an unsettling amount of Discourse around steam game Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom

For some reason or another that game developed an intensely serious speedrunning community so its rerelease has a lot of potential hype riding on it.

Dunno if there are reasons other than that.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Nah, that chivalric bullshit is more explicitly the Luftwaffe (and to be fair, general pilot attitude, Germans just took it extra far) attitude of "Knights of the Sky".

Good point, which condenses what Belka is even more into WWI/WWII Germany, then.

Estovakia from 6 are so comedically Russian that their nickname, Stovie, is the same thing as Sapin, just move the T two spaces left. Whenever they do actual national analogues, they really suck, other than Belka.

Agreed. It's a real shame because StrangeReal feels like something they really don't give much of a poo poo about, more like window dressing really. Which I mean sure, it is, but it's a real shame because having a game like this not be set IRL in some Tom Clancy fever dream of a plot is tremendously appealing to me, but then the setting feels like it's cobbled together from quick reads of country Wikipedia page introductions at times lol. Still great, anyway, I'll take Sapin/Estovakia over Assault Horizon any day of the week.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Det_no posted:

Could I have Aegis Defenders? And if you are ok with me giving Ancestor's Legacy to a friend so we can play, that would be nice too.

Sure, I'll give you both, you don't have PM's tho...
Add me so I can send them in chat https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sininini/

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

they censored the bikini bones

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Sininu posted:

Thank you!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zerilan posted:

I should give Vampyr a try sometime. I don't mind going through some bad combat if the writing is good enough. Only one of their games I've played through is LiS, where I loved about the first 3.5 eps, hated the ending.

It's not a Telltale inspired game if they don't completely poo poo the bed for one episode.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

It was one of those games people always joked about as being their dream remaster. And then the port had some slight technical issues on top of Gamespot putting out a laughably poor review of the game so people got heated.

Det_no fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 5, 2020

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

pentyne posted:

It's not a Telltale inspired game if they don't completely poo poo the bed for one episode.

I kind of went into it expecting that I'd hate the ending since I have that issue with most time travel based poo poo.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Is the Battlestar Galactica: Deadlocked the main game or is some of the DLC included in this version?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zerilan posted:

I kind of went into it expecting that I'd hate the ending since I have that issue with most time travel based poo poo.

The beautiful nature of staggered episodic games gave nearly a year of speculation and theory crafting as to the nature of the time power. Someone responded with this gem when I exclaimed how shocking the difference was between 1-4 and episode 5.

SelenicMartian posted:

Well, people were theorizing which take on time travel LiS was going to adopt, and in the end it turned out it was all of them at once.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 5, 2020

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Sininu posted:

Puss!
The Spiral Scouts
Fluffy Horde
Hacknet
Chasm
Tower of Guns
Think of the Children
Rising Dusk
Quest of Dungeons
Paper Fire Rookie
Boundless

Desert Child
Horizon Chase Turbo
Aegis Defenders
Ancestors Legacy
Dead In Vinland
Street Fighter V
Can I get Horizon Chase Turbo?
https://steamcommunity.com/id/the_zeeman/

e: Thanks!

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 5, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

pentyne posted:

Tales from the Borderlands being the sole exception to this.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

pentyne posted:

The beautiful nature of staggered episodic games gave nearly a year of speculation and theory crafting as to the nature of the time power.
I´m still not sure what the hell most of episode 5 was supposed to be about I´m talking about the dreamworld or whatever the hell it was supposed to be.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

I´m still not sure what the hell most of episode 5 was supposed to be about I´m talking about the dreamworld or whatever the hell it was supposed to be.

It's great because Before the Storm kind of captured the entire concept of the game without any time power mechanics and is generally a better game for it. It's like a Sonic Mania where fans of the original are hired to make a follow up and their sheer enthusiasm for the source material makes for a more enjoyable experience (for a misery simulator at least).

Dontnod said later they would never do the time powers thing again because it made puzzle and game design a complete nightmare since everything had to account for time being reversed and it had to look exactly the same at the start of each loop. The core gameplay feature quickly became the worst thing about developing the game but their careers and studio's survival depended on it selling well.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sininu posted:

Thanks for Dead in Vinland!

Checking the options it seems that the game has either pure RNG or forced "average" luck for its rolls. That's nice.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Logan 5 posted:

There's like a standalone thing (that kinda acts as a demo I guess for the game?) that is free to play: Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast

I'd... wait until the main game actually comes out and some real reviews. The demo doesn't seem good though, if it is any indication of the main game.

The demo aggressively unsold me on it. It's just a bit too floaty in gameplay, a little too weightless in terms of hits and movement. It looks like an interesting world, but I found it pretty hard to invest. Too bad as a few streamers seem to like the preview build. Without any word on what was improved from the demo, not sure I'll give it a shot.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Sininu posted:

Very cool of you to do this for people, just a reminder that there's a steam gifting thread you could use if you want to be part of the cool gift gang.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Azran posted:

Any opinions on Parkasaurus? I know it's still on Early Access, but I see that it has overwhelmingly good reviews already. Some of the reviews say it's a bit on the simple end, is it another Jurassic World Evolution situation?

I don't have a great deal of time in it or any other recent games to compare it to but my expectation coming into it was simply "DinoPark Tycoon except not imbalanced to the point of unplayability", and it met that with flying colours. It was a little buggy, I had some minor gripes with the interface, but the depth of simulation seemed good enough, the customizability is impressive, and the devs are quite open to feedback in the discussions. If you do get it and anything sticks out like a sore thumb just let 'em know and at the very least they'll probably make a note about it for their next meeting, if it's a more indepth issue they might even take the time to hash it out with you right in the discussions to get as much detailed feedback as they can. They still seem to be quite proactive about that sort of thing.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Viscera Cleanup Detail: I love this game. Also I feel kind of mean because I'm getting rid of corpses by... throwing them into the furnace. Mess gone. Good job.

I do kinda wish there was a sort of "easy" mode that turned off or reduced the fumblecore elements. It's usually not so bad if you're careful and deliberate but then you get stuff like the bullet hole laser drill thing randomly overloading no matter what you do.

Oxxidation posted:

Isn't it published by THQ Nordic aka "let's have a casual AMA on loving 8chan like it's totally normal"?

Though I'm guessing that hasn't actually entered the discourse for reasons.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Spare key here for He**blade: Senua's Sacrifice - DJWQ*-CEF2M-*9CZQ

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Anno posted:

Spare key here for He**blade: Senua's Sacrifice - DJWQ*-CEF2M-*9CZQ

Huge thanks for this. I held off on this game for a long time Now that I have a nicer video card and CPU, it's time to see what all the hubbub is about.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

the Heckblade key wouldn't work :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TIL there's a MUD on steam: BatMUD and even though it's not on sale I'm tempted anyways because hello nostalgia, I used to play the heck out of these things back in the day.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Zerilan posted:

I should give Vampyr a try sometime. I don't mind going through some bad combat if the writing is good enough. Only one of their games I've played through is LiS, where I loved about the first 3.5 eps, hated the ending.

Vampyr starts off pretty good but its a trap, as the game goes on there is less and less of the role playing aspect and it becomes more combat like practically all combat and boss fights. Like, all anime dark souls boss fights, except the combat mechanics are horrible flawed and mostly useless. It's a huge bait and switch. Not only the combat but there are various issues with other mechanics in the game very little works well it's a painful experience all around. Definitely my most despised game of recent history.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Vampyr had a great start but then by 4-5 hours in I couldn't get myself to care enough to play it anymore. Nothing about it made me want to continue.

e:not terrible just, not great.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
3.6 units of blood game

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
I tried playing Outer Wilds but felt strong motion sickness - I have an ultra wide 21:9 monitor so FOV might have something to do with it. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I tried playing Outer Wilds but felt strong motion sickness - I have an ultra wide 21:9 monitor so FOV might have something to do with it. Has anyone else experienced the same?

I get motion sick from a lot of games, but with most it takes a while to build up before it really becomes a problem. Outer Wilds was one of only two games I've played in the last few years (the other was Dying Light) where I knew extremely quickly that I wasn't going to be able to play it at all.