Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

My bone to pick: the remastered soundtracks (in Tiberium C&C) remove or replace the voice samples from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey :mad:

(jk game is great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

TheManWithNoName posted:

My free month of Humble Choice coupon from the Covid bundle expired today and I forgot to use it. gently caress.
Email their support. I don't know how they are now but they used to be very good about helping out with that sort of thing.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Pressing space to upgrade is some kind of sorcery. Command and Conquer Remaster is all kinds of incredible.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Some good stuff in this choice, but I already have Hellblade (love it). Still thinking about Overload though. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe Supra too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

As someone who sucks at these types of game and passed up on it in the bundle, this video is giving me joy: GDQ run of Remnants of Naezith. It's neat to see what the game should be like with top-level play.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

As someone who sucks at these types of game and passed up on it in the bundle, this video is giving me joy: GDQ run of Remnants of Naezith. It's neat to see what the game should be like with top-level play.

That's... Oh boy. I'll skip that one. Lol. Nice run though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

How approachable is Celeste as a platformer? Am I going to be spiking my controller down in frustration?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Extremely approachable. It is a lot of peoples' only hardcore platformer experience and most people really enjoy the game. (hardcore is a vague word but we'll say it means >500 deaths on average for a run through)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's probably the most accomodating game made in the last few years.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

GrandpaPants posted:

How approachable is Celeste as a platformer? Am I going to be spiking my controller down in frustration?

it is about as gentle as is possible for a platformer where you can and eventually will need to "wave dash"

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

The game will say 'are you sure? - we built the game to offer a challenge but if it's affecting your enjoyment go ahead and change these' so you can turn your character invincible and slow down your character as much as you like. Which I thought was very good.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Celeste is one of the best games ever made. It's hard as hell, but the difficulty curve is incredibly smooth and they do a really fantastic job of making it feel like the struggle is worth it.

Awesome! posted:

it is about as gentle as is possible for a platformer where you can and eventually will need to "wave dash"

multiple times without touching the ground.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

GrandpaPants posted:

It's tough but it's probably the least "mean" platformer I've ever played, if that makes any sense. The game will never get on your case or make fun of you for doing badly. And the entire theme of the game is about pushing on through adversity and trying again even when it's hard. It's one of the few games I've 100%ed in decades and I spent the entire time thinking "I know I can do this," even on the most crazy-hard levels.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

GrandpaPants posted:

Very approachable. In fact it's difficulty is sort of dependant on what's going on in the story.

You can absolutely set it to a different mode, invincibility/ infinite dashes etc, but I highly recommend trying it normally until you think you hit that wall of frustration.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 5, 2020

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Fargin Icehole posted:

Very approachable. In fact it's difficulty is sort of dependant on what's going on it the story.

You can absolutely set it to a different mode, invincibility/ infinite dashes etc, but I highly recommend trying it normally until you think you hit that wall of frustration.

I was about to say it has assists to help out anyone.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Thanks, all! I have purchased Celeste.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Celeste is wonderful.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Konami release a new game with zero fanfare.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

That's what I really don't get. I thought Publishers also had a job to hype and market the game,but from what I've seen, they give put their IPs to new studios, and generally don't give a poo poo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

huh i cant believe they didnt put some marketing behind that one

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Fargin Icehole posted:

That's what I really don't get. I thought Publishers also had a job to hype and market the game,but from what I've seen, they give put their IPs to new studios, and generally don't give a poo poo

ostensibly yes but as anyone familiar with arkane and how their games get marketed by bethesda will tell you it seems optional for out of house studios

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I can pretty much imagine the feedback they would have got for openly promoting something that doesn't look like Castlevania or Silent Hill.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

That doesn't look like a pachinko game though???

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
they did say it was going to be released this week, and I wish I could say they tried their best but well

Orv
May 4, 2011

Det_no posted:

I saw "Men of War 2 in humble" and got really excited but no, it is not.

Assault Squad 2 is a great game, probably my favorite RTS, but it's not Men of War 2. Men of War 2 is an actual, upcoming product currently in closed beta testing and you need to pay to get in.

Det_no posted:

It has campaigns but I'm not sure if there's regular MP. I'm mostly interested because they do Steel Division's frontline concept and Steel Division but on a smaller scale is exactly what I crave.

Fair warning on MoW 2, I'm not sure if there's another story behind it but the latest MoW release, the Cold War one, was an abysmal shitshow so maybe watch out for that whenever 2 comes out of EA.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Samuringa posted:

they did say it was going to be released this week, and I wish I could say they tried their best but well

Jesus wept, I'm one of the biggest Konami defenders* I know and even I can't claim this is anything but the worst look.

* their arcade division is laser-targeted at all the rhythm game poo poo I love, sucks to your castlevanias

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Huge indie BLM bundle from Itch, includes Night in the Woods and a ton of others. Mostly much more obscure games but still https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Barry Convex posted:

Huge indie BLM bundle from Itch, includes Night in the Woods and a ton of others. Mostly much more obscure games but still https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

There is a lot of cool stuff in there like A Short hike, Overland, The RPG system the K6BD creator made and about a million other things it's actually a pretty good bundle on top of being for a good cause.

Edit:First person to quote this with their email I'll send you this bundle as a gift, or quote it and pm me your email if you don't want to post it openly.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 6, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A short hike is a really fun 2-3 hour game and everyone should chip in for the cause but also to play that game
It's gorgeous and wholesome and surprisingly fun

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

744 games for $5 is pretty crazy

e: ok these arent all games but im seeing a lot of actual good stuff that i recognize as i scroll through

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 6, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

There is a lot of cool stuff in there like A Short hike, Overland, The RPG system the K6BD creator made and about a million other things it's actually a pretty good bundle on top of being for a good cause.

Edit:First person to quote this with their email I'll send you this bundle as a gift, or quote it and pm me your email if you don't want to post it openly.

zot, please

Thank you so much. I'm spreading the bundle around in my discords

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 6, 2020

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I don't remember seeing it on this thread but Grim Dawn had a pretty beefy patch yesterday. Long story short, there are more good drops, previous drops that had only a few amount of qualities will now have more, equipment will tend to have bonuses related to their types(Like a fire weapon having plus to fire buffs) and from skimming the skills, looks like almost every single player ability got buffed. A very good time to feed the loot hunger.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

sent

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Barry Convex posted:

This is a pretty insane bundle! Nabbed it and going to get copies for friends.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Seriously thank you in one fell swoop my itch library is now larger than my steam one.

e: rolled over in bed to realize I got confused and no it's not. Still a ton of games. Just sorting the wheat from the chaff is gonna take hours.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 6, 2020

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Barry Convex posted:

hmmm

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its $5 for 744 games (and things)

if 10 of them are good its a steal

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Don't be lovely, 100% of the proceeds are being donated and there is a lot of good poo poo in there

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 6, 2020

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Supposedly a Bloodborne PC/PS5 port is going to be announced at Sony's next next event. That would make me happy :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh cool goon-made Village Monsters is in that. It's still early access but it gets regular updates and it's tackling the Stardew Valley/Animal Crossing genre. I backed the Kickstarter so I now own it twice over.

e: Stillness of the Wind, from the humble choice, is in it