Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Mechancius 40k is free this weekend and also on a pretty amazing sale. I guess it's time to take it for a spin. I've heard it's decent, not XCOM good but still pretty good.

Orv posted:

God I could be such an rear end in a top hat right now but I won't.

E: My wife died of stomach cancer earlier this year but I didn't want to actually use that as a cudgel, tempting as it is it seems like a real dick move, even if I am doing better.

Sorry man, I got dealt that diagnosis a year and a half ago and it's rough to get through no matter if you're the person affected or the one supporting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I can't think of an easier way to do it under the new interface, either. I guess you can also right-click the game and under Properties/Updates it'll have an entry for your cloud settings if the game supports it.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
You can click the circled 'i' in the game details view to get the same feature list it shows on the store page.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Awesome! posted:

on the store page you get the list of steam features on the right like this

i dont know if there is a way to see from the library list

lego incredibles doesnt list cloud support

Cheers. Frustrating that it's a bit of a faff now.

I looked at the properties and there's an option listed there for it but it's using 0bytes of it.

I guess it's a feature available by default for all games but the developers or publishers or whoever have to choose to enable it?

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Might check if you have it globally disabled in your steam settings in the Cloud section, though it shouldn't be by default.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Pleads posted:

Holy cow a new Crew game from the Bomber Crew guys. Looks like FTL but a expanded into the Bomber Crew kind of management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUcA6iggdE

Hyped to die painfully and silently in space.

Died on the third mission, both engines were destroyed and irradiated and my team could not repair it before dying from radiation and more pirates showed up, looking forward to when I can pass the tutorial

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wanted to like Bomber Crew so much more than I did. Not sure why it didn't click but I did one mission and was pretty frustrated with the whole thing so I refunded it fairly quickly.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Lucifer Within Us is out and I like the cases and the setting, but it is really short. Only three cases/levels the first being the demo level.
The second and third level are a little more complex but feels like kind of a hard sell at this price point.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 16, 2020

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/robynyte/status/1316809694116294658

That's heckin neat.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Hub Cat posted:

Lucifer Within Us is out and I like the cases and the setting, but it is really short. Only three cases/levels the first being the demo level.
The second level is a little more complex but feels like kind of a hard sell at this price point.

Oof, that's what I was worried about when I saw it was only three cases. Guess I'll wait for a sale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy about this, but sad after reading Steam reviews saying the game has a lot of bugs and the AI doesn't work. The changes also apparently come at the cost of gameplay balance that was not considered and accounted for afterwards. Nations lost certain key abilities and now they are significantly nerfed and ineffective on at least a competitive level against other players.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's on Gamepass so I'm checking it out, I was a big fan of the original but never really any good at it so barring any terrible performance problems (which it looks like there might be!) I may be able to get something out of this. I just remember first playing this game and being so loving amazed with how the cannonballs took chunks out of buildings when they get hit.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who gave A Whole gently caress about Age of Empires, going so far as to get pretty goddamn good at AoM laddering as kind of my only real 'good at video games' thing, AoE 3 was a goddamn travesty when it came out but in the years since I've really come to enjoy it as a coop/comp stomp game.

Which makes the AI news particularly troubling, so if anyone gets any first hand experience with that, love to hear about it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pleads posted:

Holy cow a new Crew game from the Bomber Crew guys. Looks like FTL but a expanded into the Bomber Crew kind of management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUcA6iggdE

Hyped to die painfully and silently in space.

I was looking forward to this too, but reviews look pretty mixed (just a 56 on metacritic, but not too many reviews yet) and I haven't been blown away by any of the gameplay I've seen on youtube. Think I might skip it and stick with crying suns for my space roguelike needs unless I hear it gets patched to be much better.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Orv posted:

God I could be such an rear end in a top hat right now but I won't.

E: My wife died of stomach cancer earlier this year but I didn't want to actually use that as a cudgel, tempting as it is it seems like a real dick move, even if I am doing better.

Well his wife's career died of Paul W.S. Anderson and that hasn't stopped him making cancer with her.

I hope she would have laughed at that. Time helps man, just keep going on.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
I just played a couple hours of the demo for Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and had a ton of fun with it. I know it was a follow-up to Wildlands, which was I recall better received initially. But I gather breakpoint has been upgraded significantly. If I wanted to get one of them, is there a clear winner? And does the winner need any dlc or just the base game?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Braking Gnus posted:

I just played a couple hours of the demo for Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and had a ton of fun with it. I know it was a follow-up to Wildlands, which was I recall better received initially. But I gather breakpoint has been upgraded significantly. If I wanted to get one of them, is there a clear winner? And does the winner need any dlc or just the base game?

With the updates and additions to Breakpoint the only major difference between it and Wildlands are the terrain, the story/characters and some of the mechanical stuff like how each game handles skills/equipment. Honestly I'd go with whichever one more interests you in terms of setting, they're a lot like AC in that way.

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!

bagmonkey posted:

So I bought Din's Legacy after having played and enjoyed Din's Curse a long while back. I fuckin' love this dumbass janky game, if only for the amount of different ideas they crammed into the game and how they basically work the same as a sketchy extension cord powering the whole garage. The ability to create different areas and to move your characters among them is super cool and I'm hoping to start figuring out how the town dynamics work more soon.

Is it enough of an improvement on Din's Curse to be worth a look at for a big fan of the old game?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Man, I forgot how quickly Age 3 starts up with the cult, for some reason I remember it being subtler in my head. It's assassin's creed two years before creed was a thing

Anyway I'm not really seeing any bugs or notably bad AI but obviously I'm just going through singleplayer so the latter wouldn't be as noticeable

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I am seeing a lot of grammar mistakes which always makes my brain itch.

It also doesn’t really seem that much different than the original but I never got more than a few levels into it.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Braking Gnus posted:

When they redid Breakpoint I found that the solo experience, which I initially didn't like as much coming from Wildlands, became more compelling by playing it as a sort of MGS. Find a location with a desirable weapon bit (or fashion item like a hat), sneak in if possible, go quiet, then move to loud, etc. Snipe to clear out solo targets and snipers, get in close for takedowns of groups, etc. I thought Wildlands had better world variety but it ultimately didn't matter. I liked the Terminator tie-in more than the Predator one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

that's cool and I definitely don't consider myself the "woke gamer" type. The interview linked in the follow up tweet won me over; seems like a really honest attempt at representing Native cultures was made in the remake.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

With the updates and additions to Breakpoint the only major difference between it and Wildlands are the terrain, the story/characters and some of the mechanical stuff like how each game handles skills/equipment. Honestly I'd go with whichever one more interests you in terms of setting, they're a lot like AC in that way.
I'll go on record and say that I think the combat mechanics in Breakpoint are way superior to Wildlands. Admittedly my view is probably coloured by the fact that I played Wildlands for like 95% of it on the highest difficulty setting where enemies were seemingly perfectly accurate no matter the range (so double-SMG guy would instantly down me repeatedly despite being 100m+ away) and had instant reflexes so the only way I could do the hacking missions where you had to storm a building was to use rebel spotting and just pre-fire everything (or shoot through the walls) because I don't think I ever rounded a corner on an enemy on that difficulty where I wasn't downed before I could pull the trigger. It wasn't a completely horrible time (I still beat the game and got about 80h of playtime out of it) but you can only get railgunned instantly the moment you're spotted so many times before it gets frustrating*. Breakpoint however, I also played on the highest difficulty and it definitely feels far more "hard but fair" where you still die very fast when you're hit but the enemies are notably less-than-perfectly accurate, are easier to dupe, feint and flank and when you show up behind one they don't react my spinning 180 in a fraction of a second and instantly headshotting you like they had an aimbot like in Wildlands.

Granted, the stuff I said here probably is way less noticeable of you play on a lower difficulty but I think it's a pretty good example of what they improved in terms of how the game plays and feels in Breakpoint. They also let you disable the gear score feature which was my biggest complaint so hooray.

*If you're wondering why I didn't turn down the difficulty I actually tried that a couple of times but found the one difficulty down to be too easy for my liking between having it take longer to get spotted and enemy heatmaps on the minimap giving away where all the enemies are. Also if you played the Tier 1 mode thing it eventually forced you onto the highest difficulty away once you ranked up enough.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Disco Elysium is 30% off until the 26th.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Hwurmp posted:

Disco Elysium is 30% off until the 26th.

Wohoo I have been waiting on this

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just killed the mine boss and flooded area boss in Vigil: The Longest Night and I'd say this is one of The Good Soulstroidvanias instead of The Bad Ones. The writing is complete nonsense as far as I can tell but the music, art, atmosphere and bosses are all pretty cool. Hard AF though so bring your progamer skills on if you play at a high difficulty.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Buy disco, even if you don't like crpgs or visual novels. It might look like one of those but it isn't.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Insert name here posted:

I'll go on record and say that I think the combat mechanics in Breakpoint are way superior to Wildlands. Admittedly my view is probably coloured by the fact that I played Wildlands for like 95% of it on the highest difficulty setting where enemies were seemingly perfectly accurate no matter the range (so double-SMG guy would instantly down me repeatedly despite being 100m+ away) and had instant reflexes so the only way I could do the hacking missions where you had to storm a building was to use rebel spotting and just pre-fire everything (or shoot through the walls) because I don't think I ever rounded a corner on an enemy on that difficulty where I wasn't downed before I could pull the trigger. It wasn't a completely horrible time (I still beat the game and got about 80h of playtime out of it) but you can only get railgunned instantly the moment you're spotted so many times before it gets frustrating*. Breakpoint however, I also played on the highest difficulty and it definitely feels far more "hard but fair" where you still die very fast when you're hit but the enemies are notably less-than-perfectly accurate, are easier to dupe, feint and flank and when you show up behind one they don't react my spinning 180 in a fraction of a second and instantly headshotting you like they had an aimbot like in Wildlands.

Granted, the stuff I said here probably is way less noticeable of you play on a lower difficulty but I think it's a pretty good example of what they improved in terms of how the game plays and feels in Breakpoint. They also let you disable the gear score feature which was my biggest complaint so hooray.

*If you're wondering why I didn't turn down the difficulty I actually tried that a couple of times but found the one difficulty down to be too easy for my liking between having it take longer to get spotted and enemy heatmaps on the minimap giving away where all the enemies are. Also if you played the Tier 1 mode thing it eventually forced you onto the highest difficulty away once you ranked up enough.

So I generally agree with you and think Breakpoint and the sort of pseudo-stealth survival stuff and the combat upgrades they've made are much better than Wildlands just sort of basic TPS point and shoot gameplay. However I don't think most people should play either on those difficulties because 'combat upgrades' is still pretty noodly shooter combat for the most part.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

explosivo posted:

I wanted to like Bomber Crew so much more than I did. Not sure why it didn't click but I did one mission and was pretty frustrated with the whole thing so I refunded it fairly quickly.

Same, I found it way too chaotic and in the hour and a half I played before refunding I think I lost every plane.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
Appreciate all the Ghost Recon advice. No one has shared an opinion on must have dlc, so I'm assuming that the base game is fine. Looks like I'll be getting Breakpoint at some point.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Braking Gnus posted:

Appreciate all the Ghost Recon advice. No one has shared an opinion on must have dlc, so I'm assuming that the base game is fine. Looks like I'll be getting Breakpoint at some point.

It's great fun! I'm loving it so far, the $15 sale price is a good deal on it for sure. The DLC seems like new missions, I'll say one annoying part about the game is when you don't have DLC they still let you take objectives for the first mission of the DLC without explicitly telling you, then when you beat the mission you get a big pop-up ad for the DLC saying to buy up if you want to continue!! They tricked me twice with that :downs:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Philman posted:

Buy disco, even if you don't like crpgs or visual novels. It might look like one of those but it isn't.

I'm trying to limit my twitter intake

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm trying to limit my twitter intake

Well you're in luck, then, because DE isn't at all like Twitter!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Space Crew sure does make you do a lot of waiting around while your gunners destroy many dozens of alien ships

when Bomber Crew got patched so that landing gear damage was as good as a death sentence, I probably should have seen which way the wind was blowing

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you don't own "Return of the Obra Dinn", now's your chance; half-off.
https://twitter.com/dukope/status/1317148830849069056

Why should you play Obra Dinn? It's a haunting piece of storytelling masked as a point-and-click adventure. It's also a genuinely challenging mystery.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Return of the Obra Dinn is one of the best not-quite-adventure games of the last five years, easily. If you enjoy mystery games and logic puzzles of any sort, you will like Obra Dinn.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I think Obra Dinn is a bit overrated, but by that I mean that it's merely very good. If it sounds even a little bit interesting you should play it. It's unique and ambitious. As it goes on it falls on its face a bit IMO, becoming more gamey than actually thoughtful, but it succeeds enough to be worth a playthrough. drat near everyone could learn a lot about how to approach game design from playing it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

K8.0 posted:

I think Obra Dinn is a bit overrated, but by that I mean that it's merely very good. If it sounds even a little bit interesting you should play it. It's unique and ambitious. As it goes on it falls on its face a bit IMO, becoming more gamey than actually thoughtful, but it succeeds enough to be worth a playthrough. drat near everyone could learn a lot about how to approach game design from playing it.

It has a strange difficulty progression due to just the nature of how its structured where in the beginning its easy as you're essentially led around all the scenes, the middle is really hard as you're let loose to solve a ton of identities on your own with little to go on, but then gets easy again towards the end just due to process of elimination. Still an amazing game though, would highly recommend.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you don't own "Return of the Obra Dinn", now's your chance; half-off.

Cool, thanks for this. I've had it wishlisted for a while and $10 seems like the right price to see if it lives up to its forum rep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Obra Dinn seems like a really interesting game, but each time I’ve tried to play it, the art style has triggered massive headaches for me, no matter what graphics options I tried.