Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah the bundle slowdown being because they were personally vetting every game makes sense.

Would help avoid the situation with the BLM bundle where they had to go in after the fact and remove the game where you played as George Floyd trying to avoid being choked to death...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Play unbeatable [white label]

It's in the Palestine bundle but it's also free on Steam

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had been following this game for a while but h/t to Stux for pointing out that Unbeatable [white label] actually came out today and they finished their Kickstarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjBkJLVNk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaqDu16Rfe4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw19P-7C5s&t=579s

I love everything about this game's visual and musical style. I thought that the demo thing they were releasing in conjunction with their kickstarter was just going to be like one track but it's surprisingly robust, with a dozen tracks with all difficulty options... I guess because the project is going to end up much bigger? I'm worried about Kickstarter scope creep loving things up (especially with that online multiplayer stretch goal) but what's here is already a lot of fun

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 9, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's one word actually

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fruits of the sea posted:

I totally get this complaint although Paradox's dlc is often the type that adds a ton of complexity to games that are already taxing enough. Like, you can play Europa Universalis or Stellaris or Cities Skylines with all the dlc as a total newbie, but you won't be able to use or understand half of the new poo poo until you're like 20 hours in. (Also some of the dlc are straight up downgrades unless you like playing in challenge mode)

I learned those games by just turning all the dlc off. Trying to figure out road layouts in Cities Skylines was a living hell when I was being hit with tornadoes and floods every 20 minutes.

Isn't EU's DLC system so unwieldy now that Paradox is trying to get people to just pay a monthly subscription to keep up with all the content

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Death Stranding owns and I'll play the Director's Cut

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Rift has adjustable focus lenses so you should be able to use it without glasses?

The PSVR is usable with glasses but it has fixed lenses so it needs to have that space

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

repiv posted:

no it doesn't, you either need to wear glasses inside the headset or buy prescription lens inserts

I don't know if they changed it in later models but it definitely had it, I used it

https://www.vrheads.com/how-adjust-lenses-your-oculus-rift

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

hmm ok, maybe my prescription wasn't strong enough for it to seem out of focus without glasses then lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Ughhhhh.

Also, is this a DIFFERENT game to V:TM Bloodlines 2 that got announced forever ago and then completely changed studios or something? Or are those two different games?

After Bloodlines 2 got "purged" I have transferred my hopes over to this one (there will be gameplay at the PC Gaming Show this week apparently?)

This one is not a battle royale, it's from the makers of The Council (adventure game with dialogue/puzzle solving with an RPG skill tree) and will probably use the same gameplay framework
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJwNrKkXdhA

(But I am a hopeless Vampire fan and will probably give the battle royale a try anyway lol)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

backbone was looking like a solid entry in the bewilderingly well-populated "noir but furries" subgenre but then it pissed down its own leg with a last-act twist that would have needed twice as much runtime to have a chance at working

if it was meant to be a sequel hook, that's a shame, because the twist plus the relatively high price doesn't seem to be going over well

Pwnstar posted:

I played it on Gamepass and I was still mad at how bad the ending was.

This has been the game I've gone the fastest from "oh trailer looks cool" to "oh literally everyone I've seen says it sucks bad" lol

beats for junkies posted:

I finished A Hand With Many Fingers this morning (I was closer to the end last night than I thought). Someone else mentioned it's only about an hour or two, and that's about right (and I'm usually much slower than the "how long to beat this game" time). It's good but the ending feels a bit abrupt. I had just reorganized my corkboard (putting all the pictures in the middle), assuming I was going to be digging for another name to connect to the conspiracy, but then it faded to black after I got the next (and last) document. I'm hoping the dev is working on a sequel, because I am here for cross-referencing investigative action.

My "Investigation" category in Steam currently has: The Council, Disco Elysium, Hand With Many Fingers, Heaven's Vault, Kathy Rain, Painscreek Killings, and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. Other than those games and Obra Dinn (which I'm planning on getting soon), any good recommendations I've missed out on? I've got a pretty high tolerance for weird/janky games, so don't let that stop you. :)

Gnosia? Elsinore also has investigation stuff

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

if you asked me about the projects i had open at the start of 2020 and where I am with them in June 2021, well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's actually Exodia the Forbidden One

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can't drive into people, but you can drive into the titular lake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Comets alone shatter the frame" is a JRPG spell callout for sure

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

actually you will find the shipping pair is abbreviated aerti

I always went with Aeifa, pronounced like the name Aoife

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My playthrough of Nioh was around 65 hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Orpheus, though my wife told me this crazy story that basically a bunch of people have the same story as Orpheus with different results. Basically a lady gets dead or kidnapped, and the dude goes to save them, and the rule is they can leave but only if they never turn back. Sometimes the lady turns back, sometimes the dude turns back, and there's a shetland version where neither turn around and live happily ever after. So I've actually been super into Orpheus lately.

partial to this orpheus story

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Nioh 2 is a game I sort of regret bouncing off of, I may have to try it again

that was a frustrating first... six levels or so, though. about the third time some naga and her archer friends dropped from the ceiling and tore me several new orifices I just alt-f4d and didn't look again

(e) 600+ hours of Sekiro muscle memory caused some problems too, but that's on me :v:

I think I had this issue playing the Nioh 2 demo so soon after Sekiro lol.

STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION was really fun so I was inspired to try Nioh 2 again, it's been a couple of years since Sekiro so I think I will be ok this time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Things I was digging about the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION: the Dragoon Jump that let you chase enemies across the room, and the Black Mage AOE spells that could nuke whole groups at once. I hope I can achieve those things in Nioh 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

And that's okay, there's still a billion games out there asking for my time.

This is me thinking about impulse-buying Wildermyth and also thinking about over the dozen games I already own and could be playing instead, including the turn-based tactical RPG that I already impulse-bought last month

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

there's something about that DIVINE LIGHT SEVERED image that really disturbs me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Dan dragging in a Karcher to the shower. "drat, this thing really takes off that top layer of skin. I feel so refreshed. This makes me feel so good, I'm gonna whip up a batch of my famous egg-whites after this."

i mean, he did have that phase where he tried waking himself up in the morning with a stun gun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoy reading people play these demos and make lists of games to check out in the future, which I have a 1% chance of revisiting when the games finally do release

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Should I buy "Grey Goo"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

End of Zoe is a pretty substantial addition

Diephoon posted:

I watched a streamer play the DLC where you are a dude that beats the poo poo out of BOWs with his bare hands and I think you should probably get that one

This is End of Zoe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How early access is prodeus

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is the whole "limb" stuff really that interesting in the long run, doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

wafflemoose posted:

tbh i'd rather just save my money and just emulate the originals, they always mess up with these remakes/remasters.

on the other hand

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1420112001859260420

I am a mark and this probably tipped me over

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mordja posted:

I'm hoping The Ascent is good and it looks real slick and it comes out tomorrow, but there's a strange lack of details on the game. Like, I know it's a full on ARPG with skill trees and abilities and augments and cyberdecks but there doesn't seem to be a lot of granular info on stuff like, what type of weapons are there, how do you actually get new abilities, etc.

Oh that's on Gamepass, i'll check it out then. Superb value, only continues to grow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hub Cat posted:

:rip: Clockwork Empires

I remember following the thread here with eager anticipation :smith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

As a turn-based resource gathering/building roguelike (eh I guess more dialed in it's an FTL-Like), I enjoyed As Far as the Eye.

Yeah it has RNG but it's about managing that and sometimes you get completely screwed, but the runs go quicker as you familiarize yourself with the systems

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Perestroika posted:

There was also a whole thing in Beyond: Two Souls where Elliot Page refused to do a nude scene, but Cage just put Page's ingame head model on a generic nude body and did the scene anyway.

The audacity of Cage citing this game when trying to say "look I can't be homophobic, i worked with queer people" was so loving galling especially because of this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What's a yogventure

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There's text chat but very few people use it. Probably because it's a crossplay game and most people you see are on a gamepad.

crossplay for an FPS, eh... is the distinction between the keyboard warriors and gamepadders noticeable

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What's the difference between an otter and a beaver

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Palpek posted:

Just released on the Game Pass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOhVJuN_3Ao

"Date your weapons" is a hell of a tagline for sure but then you learn that one of them is a cat.

The cat is not date-able, it's a platonic relationship

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hub Cat posted:

Stop leaking the plot for the new Battlefield

Not gonna lie, with the Battlefield Portal trailer and even the purely tangential story trailer I am kinda excited for it now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

which one was "Kill all the Haitians", might want to take another pass at that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh right I was also reminded of the name for their fake vespa and... yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What are the preliminary reports on "Humankind"

I could go for a new Civlike but gotta say the last I heard of it was them promoting "streamer character packs" which didn't bode well