Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone who wants SOW, SFV, or graveyard keeper, PM me and I’ll get it out to you tonight or tomorrow.

E:all claimed.
Big thanks to Ugly In The Morning for SF5!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Someone should make a music thread.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

We've finally mastered emulating emotions. The PS3 is still a ways off.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Rusty posted:

You can play a few PS3 games, not sure how many, but seems that through sheer brute force, they have figured out the PS3. Most important though is you can play Demon's Souls at 4k 60fps now and it runs and looks great.
Right but you need a beast. I actually just tried DeS and while it was technically playable, it was choppy as hell. They're definitely making headway but it's still a few years out before either the hardware standard or emulator optimization catches up.

A lot like how PS2 emulation went down (which I assume is finally up to snuff in regard to my Emotion Engine joke, I haven't tried it recently).

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

If you dislike the mechanic, wouldn't it make sense to install a mod that removes oils entirely instead of permanently giving yourself a +50% damage cheat?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

EDIT: oh my god you people are loving ridiculous

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 7, 2020

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

vaginite posted:

Awww drat :( it looked up my alley. Thanks,
You could do what I recently did and regret 30hrs of your life you'll never get back:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Just regarding controllers for anyone using a Dualshock 4, maybe this will help: Go into Big Picture mode once and create a DS4 profile. You don't have to edit anything; just select "this controller that's plugged in is a DS4." You can now completely forget about Big Picture mode forever and your controller will be recognized as a DS4 controller every time it's plugged in and work flawlessly with at least every single game I've tried with it.

I haven't had to open DS4Windows ever since I did the quick controller setup in Big Picture within Steam itself. This should work for any other controller you have first; just select the right pre-made profile.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

It's not working. I'm trying to escape on foot now. I almost made it once, but of course the helicopter spotted me.

Millions of dead cops...and they just keep coming...this is a mission from hell.
Park & hide between a building and a bridge or if on-foot, just hide somewhere under a roof. It's not hard but it takes forever.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I got away through sheer luck by hiding behind a random house. The cops suddenly stopped being psychic and there was no helicopter for some reason. I think the game took pity on me.

Why would they make this the second main mission of the game, just made me wish I were playing Saints Row instead
You're going to have a blast trying to get off alcatraz.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

I hope they actually listen to the mountain of feedback they received on the demo.

If they don't, it's going to be complete poo poo.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

OgNar posted:

I'm about 80% of the way through Elex, they have learned nothing.
I mean whats the point of replacing janky with janky.

While Elex isn't a horrible game, the controls are plain poo poo along with the menus.
Also at like level 2 you can run into level 30 creatures on your first mission in the wilderness.
1. Elex loving owns
2. It's a completely different team

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

ZearothK posted:

How does ELEX stand in the Gothic 1, Gothic 2 and Risen rankings? For reference I replayed G1 & 2 multiple times and enjoyed Risen, but not enough to finish it.
G2->G1->R1->Elex

It's enjoyable and scratches some of the same itches (varied quest outcomes, factions/armor, exploring where you shouldn't), but it can be pretty copy/paste and uninspired at times.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hmmm, they referred to Metroidvania as "Search Action" games.... hmmm...
yeah that'll catch on

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

what about "upgradventure"

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

The hardest enemy in DS/DS2 is impatience. If you get impatient, you'll probably leave yourself open or gently caress up. DS3 is kinda bullshit since most enemies flail around haphazardly at 100mph but it's the exception.

They don't waste your time in the way that MGS5 forces you to sit motionless in a 5min-long helicopter ride every time you want to go somewhere. You're (MOSTLY) able to run right past every single enemy/obstacle without getting hit or blocked on the way back to your corpse to pick up right where you left off.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Idle thoughts: what's the largest ARPG? In the sense of maps, or places to explore. I expect it's Path of Exile, but with how Van Helsing final cut is three games that could be it.

Does anyone know for sure?
Not really my favorite genre but I'd guess Sacred 2.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Heads up that the Humble Store changed their discount options during checkout. When you have your cart open, hit the big grey button below the totals that says something like "Manage my discount" and you can crank that fucker to 20% if you're a monthly member. They apparently changed it from the 50/50 charity of choice vs wallet credit system and now it's just 0%-20%.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

The one person who really liked Borderlands: TPS checking in.

This has been the case for a good while now, possibly upwards of a year. :rip: if you didn't know about it tho.
while YOU were greedily filling your pockets with an extra 5%, i was donating to charity

EDIT: SNOOD IS ON STEAM https://store.steampowered.com/app/964040/Snood/

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 28, 2020

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Which Dynasty Warriors (or spin-off) is the best at what the series is best at/about because I'm only going to play one. PC only.

EDIT: Don't say "Joan Of Arc" because I finished it a decade ago and it kinda sucked.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably 8 Complete
I own the base game but no DLC. What's the difference between 8 and then 8 Empires (which I don't own)?

Confusing poo poo like this annoys me to no end.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Empires is an entirely different game with more of a strategic layer on top as you as a single officer try to go around conquering China. 8, meanwhile, sticks to the Ro3K storyline. It also has boatloads of extra missions and scenarios.

You do NOT need the DLC as most of it is either costumes, weapons, or extra scenarios. Only buy the DLC if you've beaten the main game and want more.
Alright sweet, since I already own 8 base, I'll just load that up when I have time. Don't give a poo poo about the storyline and the whole conquering territories appeals to me but not $50 appeals to me. Thanks all!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Great if you don't have the base game already, really lovely sale if you just need DLC or the season pass.

However, buried deep down in the store is Torment Numenara for like 80% off, so that's decent. I'd wait until the Humble Monthly drops tomorrow though before picking anything up.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Seconding this. I keep looking at Elex as it's the cheapest I've ever seen it (combined with the humble discount) but if I buy it, guaranteed it'll be in the bundle tomorrow.
If it's not, absolutely pick it up. Exactly what you think it is (sci-fi Risen).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Gort posted:

Anyone got opinions on Outcast: Second Contact?
Disagree with other goon reviews. Outcast was one of my favorite games and I've played through the original and Second Contact fully.

The controls actually feel worse and clunkier than the original because they kept the same movement animations but changed the engine to a more standard/modern one. Lots of spots in the maps you can get stuck in. There's serious bugs in SC that can prevent large chunks of the main quest from finishing correctly if you do things out of (but still normal and rational) order. The scanner is weaker and shorter-range than the original so you're constantly scanning to find items you've missed.

The graphics are great though. I haven't played it, but I'd recommend the 1.1 version over SC.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Im_Special posted:

Anyone get that Command & Conquer Remaster? What does it mean by "Account (Supports linking to Steam account)"?

Am I going to need more then just Steam to play this?
"Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)"

So, yes. Origin.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Is there a competitive game that doesn't have a large community of grown men throwing tantrums? I've played Dota, HotS, League, Siege, Overwatch, and Apex, and the one thing all of these games have in common is that when things are going poorly, the overwhelmingly male population acts like the most entitled children. Is there not a chill competitive shooter?
All the fun ones are dead (Tribes, Quake).

Stay away from CS: GO, which is manbaby central and they all have mics.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

pradmer posted:

New Humble Capcom Mega Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-mega

$1:
STRIDER
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
RESIDENT EVIL 2 - All In-game Rewards Unlock

BTA:
Mega Man X Legacy Collection
Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Complete Season

$20:
Mega Man 11
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Devil May Cry® 4 Special Edition
Resident Evil HD REMASTER
Dead Rising 4

Anyone interested in splitting? I only want Dragon's Dogma and DMC4. PM or reply please.

Just PM'ed ya. If we split, I'm cool with sending over RE1 to the other guy in the thread too.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Alamoduh posted:

Quick question regarding assassins creed chat: I don’t generally like this style of games, but I really enjoyed shadows of Mordor, and enjoyed the Witcher 3 (for the experience, not for the combat)- do you think I would enjoy assassins creed?

For reference, I haven’t played games like far cry or call of duty or even saints row, GTA, or the new tomb raider because I generally don’t enjoy the genre.
The combat of AC: Odyssey reminds me of a simpler W3 system. Playing on Hard, you're constantly dodging around, parrying and counter-attacking. It's surprisingly not bad.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Det_no posted:

I wonder if we need a quarantine gaming thread just with info about good games to play and how to play them/somewhere to organize people for it. Probably not. SA is kinda small these days.
This is that thread.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

StarCrawlers is currently 90% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/318970/StarCrawlers/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Awesome! posted:

so one step from eden is included in humble choice this month but its a drm free copy? is there any way to see all the possible options without buying it? im only seeing previous months. i havent really looked at this since it changed over from the old monthly system.
Looks like it's a free "sneak peek," whatever that means. It'll be in your humble library.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

This is good analysis but it's also making me itch to go get Far Cry 5 because I am the exact target audience for collectible farming. I don't even care what I'm collecting just give me a big pretty map to go collect things on.
AC: Odyssey is much better at this. The world is super colorful, quick to travel around in and any sites you stumble upon can lead to other quests or quest items for later so you don't have to backtrack (other than the super rare locked chest that requires a specific key).

Also playing FC5 at the moment and while it's not terrible, it's not great. Mobility is a lot better than FC4 at least since you can hot drop from the sky from any explored POI's and glide/parachute "quickishly" to wherever you're trying to end up (on the top of a mountain for instance). The entire map is all woodlands though.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Det_no posted:

The difficulties in that game are kind of trash, to be honest. Normal is kind of easy, Nemesis is too spongy, Gravewalker is silly and Brutal is much faster but it also leaves you very vulnerable to one hit kills. I'd probably stick to normal to be honest.
I played on Nemesis and lost interest around the halfway point out of boredom. It wasn't brutally hard but it takes FOREVER to take down captains after you're in the level 30 range because they're immune to everything. You could play for over an hour taking down a fort and if you gently caress up just once and die, you've gained literally nothing and wasted that entire hour (and potentially made the opposition even stronger).

Also your character is maxed out by halfway through the game since most of the upgrade perks are sidegrades and you can only choose one of them to be active at a time.

Shadow of Mordor was a much better game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

Thanks for Into the Breach! Gonna bash a load of bugs in the face later.

To give back (and because we all have nothing else to do right now), I've got a random selection of keys that have accrued over time for those that want them.

Teslagrad
Distrust
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
ETHEREAL
Domina
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition
Kathy Rain
N++
Pony Island

Just speak up in the thread and I'll either PM you the key if you have Plat or through steam messages, failing that.
Domina would be sweet as hell.

EDIT: Thanks a ton!

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 1, 2020

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

Updated Pirates is exactly what I'd like, and I have not played Origins or Odyssey, so I'll probably pick it up. Thanks!
You should probably buy this instead: https://store.steampowered.com/app/223330/Sea_Dogs_To_Each_His_Own__Pirate_Open_World_RPG/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Hitman 2 with all the levels is 149GB HOLY poo poo

Expansion Pass is on sale for 76% off btw if you just activated the standard edition from the Humble Monthly: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hitman2-expansion-pass

EDIT: I just looked out of curiosity and for comparison, AC: Odyssey with all extra content is 98GB.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Child of Light
But I got a few other games hanging around too
Unless those games have since been delisted, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

The villain in Far Cry 5 is baffling to me because from what I can tell, he doesn't believe in anything? His entire MO is "do crime, say spooky nonsense, wear ugly-rear end glasses and no t-shirt". Like the only reason people follow him is because he has mind control juice.

And there's this running plot about how he's trying to "convert" the protagonist but like, how? How the gently caress? "confess your sins" means nothing if there is no moral framework to enter into afterwards and there literally is none!

agh sorry I'll stop before this turns into more paragraphs but god damnit FC5 writers, you had an opportunity here and you decided that it would be good if Mr Seed basically is a nonperson!
That part at least makes more sense later.