Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Actually Geralt is supposed to suck to control so that you spend more time playing cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Blame it on my
A
D
D
baby

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is there any way to buy the generic animated steam stickers? The ones you get a free one of each day.

I see that they seem to be called The Debut Collection and steam will actually let me filter by Debut Collection, but it returns 0 results.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ErrEff posted:

They'll be available to buy once the sale ends, for people that missed any.

Awesome, thanks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This shall be a mercy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I was playing "The Solitaire Conspiracy" (do not recommend) and the cutscenes are acted by Greg Miller, whose "Haha, I'm going to betray you" would be subtler if painted on his forehead in arterial blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Funky Valentine posted:

The eternal mystery of how you gently caress up the console versions when the game was originally announced for those consoles and the majority of its release dates were before the next gen was even properly announced.

I bet little to nothing in this game is older than like 2 years. It's almost certainly not a game that was in development for a decade; it's likely a game that was lost and mismanaged for 8 years and then thrown together in 2.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Sure Epic has Kingdom Hearts but look, Steam just got Lords of Hentai 21 and 3D Waifu Sim 3 so really who's ahead here?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
FH4 is also just on pc gamepass as far as I can tell.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This is why you don't gently caress around with time travel.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

*using all of my brain power* LIAM NEESON

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wait, Rubi Malone from WET

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wait, I got one

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah, places like Greenman get keys directly from the developers.

(Now sometimes the developer is Koei Tecmo and they gently caress up and send Greenman the wrong keys and stuff gets delayed which has happened to me like 2 or 3 times, but that's more of a question of 'how does the person at KT that sends out keys keep loving this up'.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You dork of the pussy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ainsley McTree posted:

I tried to figure out what it actually does, but the notes are so huge that I cannot glean any meaning from it. I assume it's going to introduce a bunch of new bugs so i'll wait till 1.25 probably

How long could they b-

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

OzFactor posted:

Is there a Troubleshooter thread? Because I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of stuff and things the game has thrown at me in the first couple hours. I'm playing on Normal and in my first four or five missions, my main dudes block or dodge probably 75% of attacks against them and when they do get hit, they lose a totally insignificant portion of their HP. I'm wondering if I'm supposed to increase the difficulty, here--I'm not exactly a professional XCOM player or anything but this is certainly not my first SRPG--or if it's going to ramp up. And should I just not pay too much attention to all the stuff and things for a while? I feel like there's not much I can do with the mastery gobbledygook right now but it's hard to tell if it's because it hasn't opened up or I'm missing something fundamental about the way it's supposed to work. What the heck is a training manual and why would I want more of them...?

There is both a Troubleshooter thread, and a thread that will tell you if games have a thread

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
That just sounds like a Resident Evil game to me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I understand not liking Resident Evil, but they're all very different and none of the mainline titles are this except 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GduwxBZAxs4&t=102s

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Anonymous Robot posted:

Does Strikers have split screen multi?

It's not a multiplayer game of any kind.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's very much a Persona game that just happens to have small scale musoulike combat in the random encounters. You need to be initiating sneak attacks on mobs through dungeons, matching elements, resistances, managing equipment and side missions, etc. On top of sitting through dozens and dozens of hours of cutscenes and dialog. I don't know that formula would work with another person.

It is not 'here is a field with 100,000 enemies cut your way through them with no fucks given'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm a helicopter designer looking for a premium VR headset to use in daily work. Something 'professional' grade. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's a sokoban game about building a harem of demon girls.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Doesn't even give you facts about alcohol so it's probably not even the best game in the wide-reaching 'horny block pusher game' sub-genre.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I hear he doesn't even play them. He just uses bots to crawl threads and snatch up free codes. Never even says thanks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The doors are powered by souls.

Kill enemies near the golems

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Glare Seethe posted:

Aha, I thought it might be something like this because of the respawning enemies, but I swear I killed a whole bunch of them near the statues and nothing happened. I guess it wasn't close enough.

It'll be visibly obvious when it happens. Like the soul will fly out of the enemy's corpse, through the air, and light the golem up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The way Dark Souls III handles areas is more confusing than DS2...
You'll still get the big text thing in the middle of your screen saying "GRAND ARCHIVES" or "PROFANED CAPITOL" or "ANOR LONDO" to show you've entered a new area, except none of those places actually count as separate areas in the bonfire-warp menu -- all the Grand Archives bonfires show up under Lothric Castle, etc.

Such is life in Souls.

Hell I've played Bloodborne through probably 20 times and I couldn't tell you what headstone has what locations. Cathedral Ward in the right most, critically hosed up locations like Nightmare Frontier are in the hosed up one, and everything else is ???

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

nordichammer posted:

If memory serves, magic was nerfed for the DLC by giving bosses, if not most enemies, much higher magic resistance. I am not sure how that interacts with Scholar if the First Sin, but yeah

Reminds me of the guy who did a throwables only run of the game.

https://i.imgur.com/ZPrlE9V.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YQK1C54iE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

I've long been in favor of Giving Up the Apostrophe because basically nobody knows how to use it correctly, even highly educated people with advanced degrees.

Its a mystery and it's secrets will always elude us.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah, the item description should like, hint it has another use. Maybe specifically mention the King in it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

socialsecurity posted:

Speaking of Vampires, with the success of the Netflix Castlevania has there been any rumblings of that getting a new game?

Yeah it's called Bloodstained and it's real good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Every time the sale starts someone says nothings on sale and every time someone has to come in and say 'it takes sometimes hours for the prices to actually update' and finally I get to be that person.

edit beaten. Well there's always next time.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Control isn't the easiest game I've ever played, but it's definitely the easiest game that seems to be incredibly frustrating to some people. I would read despondent goon tales of dying 40 times in a row to the slow mold zombies and meanwhile I'm here levitating 40 feet in the air while maniacally chucking down supercharged office chairs like a biotic god.

I used to think it was one of those antipiracy things. Like if you stole the game it knows and ramps everything up to gently caress You Levels and everyone complaining was outing themselves.

But enough people complain so the real answer is just ?????

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I cannot believe Square Enix would the same mistake they keep making.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

The 7th Guest posted:

she's in two spots of the main campaign. there's a quest dedicated to her where you put together a bomb, and then there's a quest near the end of the game where you're like storming a compound and she's there along with other characters

any other appearance she makes would be in the side quest, and by no means did I want to do any side quests solo. like i would want to experience even more of the 'humor'

But what if I told you the joke in 90% of the side quest is 'this side quest is bad on purpose that's the joke'?!

Wait you mean that doesn't make you want to play them?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It looks like those knockoff systems with names like "Hyper Cougar Duck" or "5001+ Games TV System Family System"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Tag yourself I'm the B button that's falling off the edge.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

i have never purchased a game for my switch any way but digitally and i have never noticed a bottleneck using an sd card

You should test it out sometime. MHRise for example loads like 66% faster from internal as opposed to sd card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Nalin posted:

You won't be playing Star Citizen on those microSD speeds so what's even the point of this device?

Oh you haven't heard they're restarting Star Citizen development again to target The Deck