Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I got this even though I *did* use the idle program. My secret shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

It is very important to note that sometimes in Eastshade, an NPC will ask you to paint them a picture to hang in their house, and then THEY DO IT. They put the picture in their house.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

What's a good podcast game? I've been working my way through the Critical Role backlog and I'd like something to occupy my hands and part of my brain while I'm listening. I've been mostly using Dead Cells, but I want to mix it up a bit.

Path of Exile, Stardew Valley, one of the Truck Simulators are my go-tos. Or Coloring Pixels if I'm feeling really fancy.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

I´ve been hankering for a new ARPG, since Diablo 3 has gone a bit stale for me and I´ve had my eyes on Path of Exile but got intimidated by the atlas that is the skilltree and the giant amount of features in the game.

I understand that but it is actually possible to play the game casually. Hit up the official forums and find a build that's stated to be a 'league starter' or 'SSF friendly' or 'beginner friendly'. Or drop into the thread and ask for a super-easy beginner build. I'm a super-casual when it comes to Path of Exile, haven't ever finished the story part of the game, never trade with other players, and I have a blast.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Too Shy Guy, I bought CSD3 because of you! -- in that your videos and posts are the only reason I knew it was out, somehow. I didn't get on with 2 but I got so much fun out of the first game that I'll pretty much buy whatever that dev cares to make forever.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

explosivo posted:

The dev was on Giant Bomb a few months ago to show off the game and said that he pretty much got shoehorned into making 2 and 3 when he initially didn't plan to continue past the first one because of how much people wanted a sequel, but is really excited to finally not be making a game anything like CSD so yeah I'm curious to see what's next for them.

I saw that video! Dude was very charming, I thought, I'm super excited too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I liked the one where you had a cute little pet dragon that could cast spells on the battlefield for you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I remember escaping the cops a couple of times by getting on one of those - thingies that has a platform that rises up? And lifting it all the way up and just crouching up there until they went away like bored dogs.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah this happened to me recently and I checked it hadn't hit my Paypal yet, then cancelled it and used the card directly. All was well.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Abandon poo poo is having an anniversary patch and a sale. But is it good?

This is the best autocorrect I've seen for a while.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

What I really feel like playing is an ARPG, but even though I own Diablo 3 I don't want to pay full price for the expansions and I missed the Grim Dawn sale by a few days. Since it's free I'm giving KOF2 a try... but so far the fetch quests are just the most basic mundane MMO thing ever. I haven't gotten to the RTS parts yet.

Have you played Titan Quest? It's on sale for a few bucks at the moment. Should fill a gap for you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

A code for She*zhe* IO: AMGC0-M3EQ9-39PB*

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Shadow of Mordor:

me: this is terrible why does this man walk so slow
the stealth sections: intentionally slow so you can better plan your moves and kill things
me: you may be as slow as you like woah

note to self, uninstall giant games more often and then go exploring in your library, being able to install big games makes for more varied fun

I also appreciate how detailed all of the lore entries are. You can really tell that a LotR nerd was involved in this part, and I appreciate that.

If you happen to be good at games, be sure to die sometimes, lots of things happen when you die and it's okay.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Isn't there an orc who just genuinely wants to be your friend? I feel bad for that guy.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I never Final Fantasied before. X/X2 is a v good price, is it decent? If not which one, if I'm only getting one?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

X and X-2 are basically one fully-featured game/story plus its cash-in side-story sequel. X is good, one of the highest rated Final Fantasy games of all time. If you're just getting one of them, get that one. I played it back on the PS2 and found it more than worth the price.

Maybe I will! Thanks!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

You already have a favourites category, you can just add stuff to that probably

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Non-steam but Anno 1800 is half price over on Uplay (and Epic) which means it's 25 quid here now, which is my buy-it price. Gonna build up some islands.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I looooved this. There's not much to it, it's a short walking sim a bit like Dear Esther or one of those, but the world is bizarre in all the best ways and left me catching my breath often. And the music's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRhXfZdyGE

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Anno 1800 was free to play this weekend so I tried that a bit. It seems solid enough. Though the description of Rimworld made me think about how what I really liked about Frostpunk was the sense of playing through a living story. The story wasn't full of characters and plot turns, but you feel a real narrative arc based on the events that happen while you play. I was attached to my city and getting through that storm was tense as hell.

It really does sound like Rimworld is the game you need then. It's basically a story generator, and if you pick the basic scenario there's always an end-goal, and the AI (depending on your choice) will ramp events up in a predictable way so there's an arc you can feel.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Not steam, but don't forget to check in on itch.io - a lot of games have gone PWYW with no minimum for the quarantine. Lots of nifty stuff to be had there and you can claim it to an account if you don't think you'll play it right away.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hey Too Shy Guy, Morels just had an update that has apparently added an exploration mode where you can be an animal and everything is unlocked! ...also they added endless repeating seasons so the game won't end. I thought you, and others, might appreciate this news.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Morels kind of gives me Miasmata vibes. Is that accurate?

Quite a different feeling but it's not a wholly bad comparison. More like The Hunter CoTW except you don't kill anything? And much simpler.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Morels: I love this game a lot it's so chill and perfect for podcasts. Also while it loads you can play pong with squirrels. Also I found and photographed a frog!

:kimchi: I'm so glad.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Google Butt posted:

All this global pandemic business has been very upsetting to me in many ways, and I'd like a chill multiplayer game. I'm talking like Stardew level chill, you know? Any suggestions?

Depending how you play, TheHunter: Call of the Wild is extremely chill and you can play with friends. Or when I play it, walk around for hours going 'ooh look that's pretty' and occasionally think about shooting an animal, maybe. With friends.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Artelier posted:

Finished Blasphemous (looked up how to get the alternate ending). It was great fun! No idea what happened.

Congrats, you're Catholic now

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I think for Mirror's Edge in particular they told her what the levels were and she had to invent a story that would make them work. Must be a bit tricky.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The language spoken in Primal is an expanded and speculative take on Proto Indo-European which I think is neat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

It's free on Game Pass but if anyone's looking for a new visual novel kind of game, Astrologaster's pretty good! Read the stars (badly) to determine the fates of various Victorian figures and mostly tell people they're about to get owned by a witch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpjyo5lP7Qc

Apparently it's a mobile port but it's a good length game and I've had no problems with the port itself except a bug that just got fixed

This game is wonderful. The voice acting is incredible and each character who visits you has their own theme tune sung in different medieval styles. It's a real labour of love.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I had a lot of fun in GTA5 in Director Mode just wandering around the city and making screenshots and stuff. Never got anywhere with the story, it sucks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

e: wrong thread. how bout them steams?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thanks. I'll turn it off as soon as the cutscenes stop.

God it's weird to see the modern day stuff. It means almost nothing.

e: this game might be prettier than Witcher 3

Please take a screenshot of Best Protagonist Kassandra hanging from the big balls.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Thank you chum!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

hi i love kassandra please stick more priceless rocks up sheep's bums thanks

She's wonderful and I want to be her friend

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The most endearing thing about Kassandra is that she ain't too bright from a character perspective so it's actually plausible that you continually find yourself in harm's way. In most RPGs there's usually some disconnect between the intellect of the main character compared to the amount of times they willingly throw themselves into danger but Kass being kinda dumb works in her favor.

*Yes*. She's a hero in the ancient Greek sense of the word, someone intensely passionate and dangerous who's less a saviour and more an ambulatory hurricane.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rolo posted:

I’m itching for a sim city, roller coaster tycoon sort of game where you build up a city/amusement park from nothing. I haven’t played one in like 20 years but I just upgraded the crap out of my pc.

Edit: google says Cities Skylines but I’ve somehow not heard of it. Is that the one?

You should check out Parkitect too! Planet Coaster is more of a toy where you design pretty things than any kind of management game. I like it but it's fluff. Parkitect has more crunch to it.

e: Strix dang it I'm gonna install a Batman and *play* it this time.

ee: also Lego DC Supervillains is on sale again, please buy it people, it's so much fun, I never uninstall it in case I need to go gently caress up Gotham City some more

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The only bad thing about Spider Solitaire is sometimes you'll settle in to play for a while and win your first game. That sucks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Too Shy Guy played it on stream the other night! VOD's here but it *is* a stream archive so there's a lot of chat interaction if that bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avk9r8DHawU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Did Garden Flipper ever become worth buying? The reviews are really so-so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

It does have a lot of child death in it. I've definitely had times in my life when that would have been a big nope.