Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Is the Gloomhaven PC game any good? It's on sale at Humble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

If I liked Crimson Skies would I like Ace Combat 7?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/1261069879932665856

I don't even know if I like this visual novel (it badly needs an editor) but I'm still happy to see that it's finally fully officially translated.

Chapter 8: Masturbatashi

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

I’ll be getting in to GTA5 bc EGS finally offered something I couldn’t pass up to bother with their launcher. Is the PC port okay?

I don’t plan to do a drat think with GTAO, so I can mod. Anything worthwhile there?

For what it's worth, GTAV requires the Rock Star Social Club app no matter what platform you buy it from, and I'm pretty sure you can install and run it from there too so you can skip the epic game store once you've got the game.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I don't mind Troubleshooter chat but it might merit it's own thread just because it sounds like there's a lot of stuff to keep track of, and a thread might be helpful for those playing it.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

v1ld posted:

Witcher 3 has a mod that gives you full control over attacks and camera: Disable SoftLock Targeting. Example vid from the mod page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1959hkgMQ

Never used it, though I did use Enhanced Targeting to get better control with the vanilla system.

Ghost Mode tightens up all of the gameplay and makes the combat tight so that you don't get completely OP and have to pay attention without going all tryhard. It is one of the best mods I've played for any game, especially since it doesn't make the game into something else - it preserves vanilla feel while just, um, tightening everything.

I think the change I liked best was to the itemization and loot tables so that you no longer got completely random drops in every broken box like Dimeterium Plate from the first burnt hut I checked in one playthrough. Instead, the good gear drops from the chests at the end of major dungeons and quests. So you both no longer check every single container you come across and look forward to the containers at the end of major events. Gear has better progression and she added tools you can buy to level up gear if you want to stick with something you particularly like.

I did a full, all DLCs, do everything play through with it on B&B difficulty and it stayed a fun challenge all the way through.

Would you recommend any of these for a first playthrough? I tried to play once, but I bounced off the combat for reasons that are unclear to me now, I just remember it being frustrating and difficult to get right, maybe the timing? I'm considering giving it another go soon.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

You missed the heyday of bundles - now there aren't as many good ones but it used to be like 3-5 bundles from various websites per month and every one of them had good stuff in it. Then there's the whole deals economy where stuff gets stupid cheap. It just got...easy to vacuum up games. Still is, but you're not as likely to wind up with these stupid high numbers.

Anyways if you want to get started on big numbers, start here: Spiderweb Software SupgerGigantic Bundle

It's on sale and I now have a complete set, excepting Avernum 3. I'll pick that one up when I beat Avernum 1.

This is an insane quantity of gameplay. This will keep you busy for months.

I'm missing Avernum 2 and Avadon 3 and I can pick them up for 8 bucks. I guess, why not.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Anything I am actively playing or frequently come back to goes in Favorites. Anything I've played at least a little of, I categorize either by genre or by my interest.

Most of my random bundle stuff goes in the "I don't know" category, for games that I don't know what they are or where they came from. If I feel like trying something new I can stick my head in there and see what I got lying around. Certain games that I played and actively loathe go in the "trash fire" category. Games that I specifically intend to play but haven't yet go in a "play this" category. There's a category for things that I a) haven't played, b) know what they are, and c) am not really interested in playing called "tbh probably won't bother." This is different from Trash Fire because the games in there are things like Bad Rats and Dinner Date that are sort of interesting historical anomalies. Games I've beaten enough that I probably won't play them again go in "Soundly Beaten."

Then anything new and uncategorized gets sorted out every year or so, when I feel like it. I'm pretty lazy.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Artelier posted:

Cities Skylines Humble Bundle worth getting? I figure I can't go wrong if I just drop in a buck for the base game right?

It's worth noting that unlike the Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 bundles, this one does not have all of the DLC. Most of what's left is radio stations, but there are a couple of "expansion" type DLC that aren't in here.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Man this is probably an old video, I hope they've fixed some of the oh no this is from Tuesday.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

No, he's an insane American I think

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Ambaire posted:

These forums are seriously going down the drain. If there was a button that would permanently delete these forums and all the backups, I would push it instantly.

And for the record, Reddit was never a pedophile haven.

Mods, please give me an excuse to delete SA from my browser history and memory, as I will gladly do so. Although from the way my health is looking, I doubt I'll be alive past the end of this month, so just gently caress everything anyway.

Suicide is the answer.

Heaven and Hell do not exist. We are all actors on the grand stage of life. When our bodies die, we step off the stage and gaze at it for a time, before returning to it in a new body. And the stage of life may encompass any possible realm of imagination, both dreamed and yet to be. From the physical, material driven universe we find ourselves in today, to the realms of the fictional and fantastical.

Think of all the science fiction and fantasy stories you may have read. Any of those is a possible setting for this grand stage of life, across an infinite number of parallel universes and realities.

In addition, Free Will is a malleable concept. There are those of the Actors that truly have Free Will and can change their potential actions freely, and those of the Actors that are locked into a specific path in their current Role but may be interacted with by those with Free Will. There is also a sliding scale from a Fixed Path to Complete Free Will. I believe myself to be on this latter scale, although I do not know how much Free Will I truly Have.

No matter the actions that an Actor may take in their current Role on the Grand Stage of Life, they are never penalized for those Actions, and they may choose freely for any future Roles on future Grand Stages of Life.

In our Hollywood movies that have brutal Dictators and Villains, are the Actors for those roles ever penalized for future movies?

After all, the lifespan of a Human is an infinitesimal fraction compared to the Infinity of Time. Why should an immortal soul receive everlasting rewards or punishment for a single short life?

Jesus Christ dude

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I still miss TFC

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

From a quick look it seems like it's just that both add farming, really

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It's Valheim something where you can set up a server for some friends and just log in and out whenever like Conan exiles or is it something that you really have to all be playing at the same time?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

ErrEff posted:

My favorite is when I start a game and get bombarded with notifications about all the DLC stuff.

It's even better when they do that and you already have all the DLC

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I want to play a game with good exploration. Preferably in a ship or spaceship or something, but not confined to that, and where the ship is an actual thing that develops in some way over the course of the game. I want to find weird supernatural mysteries or ancient alien artifacts or something.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Thanks for all the exploration recommendations! I think I'm going to hit up Outer Wilds. I've played Obra Dinn and if I could erase it from my brain and play it again I'd never do anything else. I wish there was something else like it.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/deckbuild-battle

1$
Thea: the Awakening

BTA (Currently 10$)
Cultist Simulator
Steamworld Quest: The Hand of Gilgamesh

12$
Thea 2: The Shattering
Fantasy General 2
Imperator: Rome
Neoverse

Are Thea 2 or Fantasy General 2 any good? I'd mostly be buying it for those and maybe the Steamworld title. Neoverse looks terrible and I have Imperator, Cultist Sim, and Thea 1.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

If I have Subnautica, played through it a long time ago in early access, and don't remember a lot of the details, is it worth 30 bucks to get Below Zero or should I just re-play Subnautica?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Det_no posted:

Bots are a myth. Steam has a bunch of prompts, including a message and install prompt when trying to redeem a game you already own, irregular response times and a limit that locks you out of redeem attempts if you try to brute force a code. It is not bot friendly at all and the idea that everyone has to play Da Vinci code because there are mysterious entities running bots, even during one of the rare times someone posts codes in here, and steal all the codes at the drop of a hat is a really tall tale to feed yourself.

The truth is there are dozens, if not hundreds, of anonymous eyes in this thread at any given time. The gifting thread is watched even more closely by people that do want to get codes and are ready to make a quick copy paste. Taking a code without saying anything is the easiest thing in the world here and in any other forum, chatroom and anywhere else someone might gift something. Don't bother people trying to give away things just so that you get a "better", imaginary chance at them. Especially not with hilariously laborious obfuscation ideas instead of something reasonable like just writing the codes in a jpg.

Wait, you think what the bots are doing is registering keys on Steam? They're harvesting them and reselling them on G2A or whatever.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

God, I'm so tired of clearly unfinished early access games

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Some otters get very large

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

iirc the assassin questline was the only one with even the slightest modicum of wit

even sheogorath's material was weak

Bitch, don't talk poo poo unless you gonna throw down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxvTd_jCPQ

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

in 2021, what is the best pirate game? I want Sid Meier's Pirates, but moreso.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

are there any good Baldur's Gate-Likes that i'm not aware of? i know of Pathfinder and Spiderweb Software, are there any others that are must plays?

Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

demon turf comes out november 4th

they'll be running a little speedrunning contest for their prologue demo where winners will get a free key for the game

I don't know what it is about that character but when this image came up I had to scroll past quickly. That design is just repellent to me.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I took them up on that 6 dollars a month for three months offer, so yeah this month is a pretty good deal. :whatup:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Actually building off of this, what are the best survival games? And I mean best as in both quality and/or fun, from Unreal World to the Forest. Here's what I have: (not pictured, 7 Days to Die)

What's missing?

e: If at all possible I want to focus on single-player/single-pawn stuff, so no Frostpunk.

I like Conan Exiles, but I played on a PVE carebear server (I think it's still there, in PGS).

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

If I want to play something like Tribes, is there anything even close that still has people playing?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

God damnit I just bought mortal shell

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Is Mordhau good? Are little still playing it?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I just checked and I have 2345 games on steam, which means I can't buy any more unless I'm prepared to buy 1111 at once.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

pentyne posted:

i.e the $60 bait to convince consumers to buy the Kinect/Xbone bundle at release.

It's seriously a 5 hour game that looks incredible but plays like a $10 lovely indie release.

It's borderline incoherent as a story, has some of the worst boss fights I've ever seen in a AA or higher game, and after ~30 minutes you've basically seen everything the game has to offer.

I was going to say, it's impressive they managed to make the bundle less valuable

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Shalebridge Cradle in Deadly Shadows is the only time a video game actually felt scary to me. It probably wouldn't hold up now, but it was terrifying when it came out.

I love immersive sims, I should go play all of them, there aren't really that many.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

steam seems to have someone on their end who just arbitrarily bans any visual novel with school uniforms in it

This is a pretty good avatar/post combo

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

mystes posted:

Pretty surprising that the developer of a game called Domina would turn out to be a transphobic chud honestly

It's pretty frustrating because I bought that game a long time before I knew about all this, and I probably can't get valve to refund it just because the dev is a piece of poo poo.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

We don't really have to do anything as a trans streamer has made it her life's mission to destroy him

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

What I think would be really cool is if none of the npcs in a game spoke the same language as me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Volte posted:

Nice, I played non-stop for about 8 months and never found a single drop that was even usable let alone sellable.

Why did you keep playing