Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm playing Risk of Rain 2 and there's a ton of items everywhere, but you don't seem to be able to tell what they do until you pick them up. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to memorize what all of these items do? It's exacerbated in multiplayer where I have to keep asking people what items do, for instance at a 3D printer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Man, I wish APB Reloaded was a good game. Given the choice between Destiny 2 and Warframe I don't like either and APB was the first thing that came to mind as a replacement. If I were to be looking for a game along those veins, I'd probably go with Division 2. Thought right now I've been playing a ton of Red Dead Online and let me tell you, plenty of folks to shoot in that game. I also feel like its worth mentioning that Halo Reach is out on PC now.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd be very curious to see how much money Square made from something like putting all their Final fantasy soundtracks on Spotify

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
After watching some gameplay videos, Hades seems like the combat I've always wanted out of a Diablo-style RPG. Are there any other ARPGs that play like this?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would say just make use of Steam Refund.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

doctorthefonz posted:

to me Children of Morta feels very Diablo-y in its fight feel, more so even than Hades

Whoa I'd never even heard of this. Steam thread delivers.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also wouldn't a demo accomplish exactly the same thing? All I'm getting from this is that a lot of people want to try a game before they buy it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
On the other hand, RE2 Remake was kind of like "Hey guys, you might normally overlook this because our previous entries have been kinda lovely, but this is actually insanely good! See for yourself!" and then everyone bought it

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cardiovorax posted:

No, that was RE7. By RE2make, people already knew that Capcom was good again.

To be honest I thought RE7 sucked. It's one of those games that I just don't understand why people like it. Perhaps if I played it in VR I would feel differently. To me it felt very "video-gamey" and it was impossible to suspend my disbelief in any way.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 16, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Trickyblackjack posted:

I think many felt it was a good return to B-movie horror of classic RE after the unfocused mess of RE6, with a fresh take to boot with the new perspective. But the RE series was always quite "video-gamey" imo, with magic healing herbs and weird convoluted locks blocking progression and giant animals and stuff. And then before you knew it you were suplexing Spaniard peasants in the 1800s as Leon "2kool4skool" kennedy in what is considered a legit masterpiece.

I'm not doing a good job of explaining why I didn't like it. Just that for some reason I like pretty much every RE game except 6 and 7.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Chin Strap posted:

Yeah so does Nic Cage in Mandy. You going to say that is campy too?

As an aside I'd never heard of this movie and I just looked it up and :stare:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Reminder that while the 1080 is still top of the line, its still like 4 years old. I recently got a 2060 and it's been fantastic. Similar price points, much newer card, can also do Ray tracing

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

sebmojo posted:

Yeah I upgraded my 970 and I've yet to really notice the difference.

970s run new games at high settings at 30fps. You might get 60fps on lower settings but I wouldn't count on it.1080's do most games high settings at 60fps. 2060's seem to be more or less on par with 1080's.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 17, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Same. Open world games are my favorite.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I love open world games, but for whatever reason any time one that isn’t RDR2 is mentioned in an SA thread someone will jump in to call it an Ubisoft-style mess. (I also happen to love most Ubi games, but anyway)

Done right, an open world game can be a lot of fun. Done wrong, you have RDR2, where it’s a bunch of stuff made to waste your time for no reward.

I feel like that post was fine-tuned to trigger somebody.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

baka kaba posted:

2K is 2048x1080, 4K is double that in each dimension

Does 1440p have a fancy name? Or is that it? I honestly thought that was 2K til I read that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What resolution is the horse's butthole in RDR2?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

MZ posted:

Yeah for all the crap thrown at EGS I'm surprised Game Pass has been getting such a free ride.

For some reason people LOVE Xbox Gamepass and are similarly cold on things like Ubisoft's gamepass which I don't think I've ever seen anybody mention.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Xaris posted:

i like ubisoft games just fine (usually played over many several months like anno & asscreed odyssey im stil working through a year later), but it's a horrible price and not mentioned ever because it's a bandwagon joke service whereas one is an incredible steal despite it's infrastructural problems. But yes probably not, i'm just being irritable this morning

You're right, for sure. My actual point was BRING BACK GAMEFLY

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Watch_Dogs 2 is really good.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GrandmaParty posted:

Which should I buy: Void Bastards or Children of Morta?

Speaking of Gamepass, both of these are on Gamepass

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If only Pirates! and Assassins Creed: Black Flag could come together to make some sort of super game. Anyone here play the most recent Sea Dogs game? Are those still fun?

Last one I played was the Pirates of the Caribbean one with some sort of huge super mod back in the day. One of my fondest memories from that mod was standing on my ship and accidentally pressing one of them numpad keys, which causes a bunch of skeletons to spawn and just gently caress me up.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 25, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Det_no posted:

Nice. Yeah, the performances problems with Iceborne was the last straw that pushed me to upgrade my rig in the first place. I do want to use mods again too but I'm a little worried Capcom might try banning some people to make an example.

Nobody has ever been banned from a Capcom game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

awesmoe posted:

its pokemon but less charming
e: i refunded it after about 90 minutes. It's just the same grinding and rock/paper/scissors, but instead of a psyduck you get....a duck with a shell strapped to its head and instead of squirtle you get...not squirtle. etc.

From what I hear it's actually difficult and may require a brain to play, which hasn't been true of a Pokemon game for some time now

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Samuringa posted:

Having hardcore gameplay is truly what I want when I think of Pokemon.

There's no point to having balance, stats, moves or even battles really when all you have to do is level your starter and just stomp the world.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The prestigious website windowscentral.com seems to think it's good! Well actually it says it MIGHT be good, the review seems to be a preview from September 2018

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Pretty sure they are sentient Russian troll bots

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Azran posted:

I really like short, replayable games like Into the Breach, Dungeon of the Endless, FTL or Invisible Inc where you unlock more characters/equipment as you go on, but I haven't had much fun with traditional roguelikes (mostly because most of them have kinda ugly UIs and that's a major bummer for me). Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations. Any ideas?

Seconding Monolith w/DLC. Extremely good. I also really like Nuclear Throne, though not as much as Monolith.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How the heck is nobody talking about Geforce Now? It's basically what everyone wanted Stadia to be. It links you to your Steam library and you can play ALMOST any game from it, instantly, regardless of your computer specs. You just need a good connection. You can try it for free for an hour at a time and then its only $5 a month. I tested it out with Batman Arkham Knight and it loaded up immediately, all my cloud saves were still there, played absolutely fine with no noticeable lag. The biggest disappointment to me is that two of the games that don't work are Monster Hunter World and Red Dead 2. Thankfully I just spent way too much money building a machine that can play those games so...

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 5, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
ok but what if you DON'T have a gaming PC?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cowcaster posted:

then you're probably playing your videogames on a console

And now you don't have to. Which is why this is interesting. Or at least I thought it was interesting, I guess its evidently not at all interesting? You can play your Steam library from your phone now.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You're either the kind of player that finds it to be busy work, or you're the kind of player that finds it to be intensely immersive.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Memnaelar posted:

Tyranny is on sale and I keep thinking I want to give it a fair shot, esp. after the WOFF episodes on it.

On the other hand, responsible me keeps looking at my copy of PoE2, an objectively better game, and thinking "How many times have you re-started that game, gotten past the first island, and then totally lost interest?"

And yet...

Tyranny is on Game pass as well, just sayin

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Memnaelar posted:

It is but I'm a sucker who wants to play it through with all the dlc.

It says Gold Edition, is that not all of it?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oh drat I just did a search for it, I forgot this app does other things that aren't related to Game Pass

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

This is the soundtrack to a Gex level. It has to be.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
RAGE had a really good shotgun. I wouldn't recommend Mad Max to anybody, the combat is about as bland as bland can be

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Stickman posted:

E: Any tried ScourgeBringer? It looks very much my jam, but some of the Steam reviews have said that the controls aren’t as tight as they’d need to be?

This game is fun, and I think I'd really enjoy it, but its obviously in its really early stages and it would be silly to put a significant number of hours into it considering its only going to improve. The description is Dead Cells mixed with Celeste but I think its a lot more reminiscent of Monolith than Dead Cells. Honestly I didn't really see what made it similar to Dead Cells. As someone said its on Game Pass so you can try it on there.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 13, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Locator posted:

Lol.. it's telling me to play Path of Exile, which I have hundreds or possibly thousands of hours in, but none of it's shown in Steam because I use the stand alone client (the Steam client for PoE is awful).

So what you're saying is that its actually super accurate at figuring out what you like??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You're doing a very good job of selling it... right now the biggest thing holding me back is that art style :barf: