Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if anything the job system in y7 is a bit simplistic. if you want you can just choose a job for each character and stick with it. two skills carry over from each job and there are some permanent stat bonuses, but it's not anything huge. you only need to engage with all that for the special max level post-game dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

That's because the company behind it went under years ago after the scumbaggery Gearbox did with Sega and them, where Gearbox supposedly creator of great shooters like the Half Life expansions and the original Borderlands, took on a millionaire contract with Sega to produce an awesome shooter that should eventually have been Alien Colonial Marines. Instead, Gearbox used most of that money to make Borderlands 2 and used whatever remained to contract a third party (TimeGate, the Sector 8 guys) to make the actual game in a just few months after four years of doing nothing but tiny tech demos. Hilarity ensued, a ton of people lost their jobs, and Randy Pitchford laughed all the way to the bank.

it didn't help that they split the player base with dlc mp maps. it died really fast after that started.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the shenmue series spends way more time and effort on a million tiny details whose only purpose is verisimilitude than on gameplay. that appeals to some people, but unless you are sure that includes you i wouldn't recommend buying the entire trilogy all at once.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh, i'm surprised i have one since i don't really go for completionism. it's wolfenstein new order, and i have no recollection of ever beating that on the highest difficulty. cheat engine, maybe?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
0 has the best story in the series, so if that part isn't grabbing you the other games probably won't, either.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they actually produce an anticreeper liquid that sticks around until it is consumed by blocking creeper. it's area denial.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

There's a cheat engine table that can increase your pickup range at will, I'd personally recommend just using that. It's very convenient having to only be in the general vicinity of a box to collect it.

it's amazing, you can just toggle it on at the end of a mission to grab every armor and weapon on the map and everyone loves it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the bank robbing mission was dlc, so digital deluxe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
okami would be a perfect game if not for the unskippable intro and issun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if a single player game won't let me cheat, i'll just pirate that sumbitch. i like cheating past grinds and rng and do so at every opportunity.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, roguelites are referred as such because there is a persistent progression system between runs. regular roguelikes you start from zero every time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, thanks for telling me about voxelgram. i loved the 3d picross games on ds, and i've been looking for something i can play with my off hand alone. my aging, ailing cat has claimed my right hand for his personal use at night, you see.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
k1 is good if you go through the story and only do majima everywhere until you get tired of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a digimon game, so your enjoyment will depend mostly on how much you like breaking rpg systems over your knee.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ea play is still in the top sellers. did they not fix that exploit, or what?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the biggest upgrade from edf 4.1 to 5 is the pickup all drops cheat. grabbing boxes was always my biggest problem with edf games, and now you can just skip that poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you buy grey market keys you might as well just pirate it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
type-0 isn't what i would call a great game by any means, but the story and setting are so unbelievably stupid that they almost wrap back around to good. almost.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope they give you a new method to deal with samurai. or re-use the one you lost, even.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
spaz is good, spaz 2 is not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, technical problems with cyberpunk. who could have predicted such a thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the combat is, uh, not good. so you might want to just go for one hit kills or invincibility so you can spend more time on the weird investigation part which is what anyone likes about the game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they solved money and research being pains in the rear end but what replaced them wasn't particularly interesting or creative.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
isn't that a challenge tomb? just skip it and beeline the disappointing main story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the character designs, but the battle animations look like hot rear end from 15 years ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a terrible single player game. don't bother with it unless you want to play coop.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so valkyria chronicles 4 (which i had forgotten i still had installed) updated the standard game to include all dlc for free today. i guess that's nice?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Taratang posted:

FYI this wasn't recent, all the DLC was made free on Steam in November 2019.

i guess they just now collated it into a single game with no separate dlc, then.

edit: huh, it says that was 2019 in the news. so why is it updating now, 3 years after i last played this game and 2 years after the update was released?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 29, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's nothing quite like obra dinn so it should be recommended if it is even vaguely relevant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the number of people who want that much shenmue may even reach double digits.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nothing in two worlds 2 can ever compare to the speedrun of two worlds 1.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought aragami was a terrible game that is all but unplayable. then i stopped using a controller and used a kb/m. the quick chained teleports between small patches of shadow that the entire game relies on really don't work with a controller!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll probably get nmh2 if there's a way to disable button mashing. my old creaky hands can't handle that poo poo any more.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

How are the DLC missions in Desperados 3? I have been dragging my feet on that last mission (Or what I think is the last mission) for a year now, figure I may as well polish it off.

Also, play Desperados 3 ya'll (And Shadow Tactics while we are at it)

EDIT: I should clairify that I already had the season pass so it doesn't really matter much unless they really poo poo the bed and could not fulfill the baseline of 'More of this game you like'

it's more desperados 3. also, the final mission of the main game is quite an experience.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the really improbable part is that the gcpd wouldn't simply murder the joker in custody.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
still can't access the synthetik 2 demo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sininu posted:

Here, now you can:
steam://install/1664230

There are SO many good looking games with demos, I wish there was explore queue just for these games. Would be a bit easier to go through them.

thanks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno about better character, but ichiban is definitely a better person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i assumed it was a moba based on the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is almost always at least one brave series.