Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Cryofall is in Humble Choice this month, if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, I'm super wary of getting this on release. I loved HotK 1 and 2 but 3 was so loving awful...

Looks like its back to the 1 and 2 style for the Hero of the Kingdom Lost Tales, and there's a demo you can check out.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

With EA's track record, giving them the benefit of the doubt on anything to do with money seems like a poor idea.

Edit: Not to say that your logic is off here - just that it wouldn't be surprising in the least if they decided to be bastards given how often they've been bastards in the past.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

You still play them through Origin, just like Ubisoft's library which requires uPlay.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sininu posted:

What happened to Too Shy Guy? They haven't posted in a long time...

Too Shy Guy's been streaming more than reviewing lately (https://www.twitch.tv/goldplatedgames) and has been active on his own Discord server. (https://discord.gg/uFCqdxe) He goes by Audish off of SA.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Name change seems unnecessary, this thread has worked quite well for what people have wanted it to be. And I certainly wouldn't want to consolidate all the PC storefront threads into a megathread.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Think it was free on Epic, so a bunch of people picked it up.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Relax Or DIE posted:

more accurately a few people said no in between pages that were, generously, 10-20% talk about steam

Silence is not assent.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

If I see one mention of itch.io I will loving lose my mind, so help me Gaben.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Det_no posted:

Amalur here costs more than a copy of Crusader Kings 3 + 1st season pass. I'll never discover the secret of Rhode Island.

Not unless Rhode Island is your child's name and they've been sleeping with their cannibalistic half-sibling, anyway.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Blaster Master Zero - Played for 10 minutes, its just old blaster master, probably refunding

Some of the zones are untouched, some are new. And the tank's got a bunch of upgrades that aren't in the original. It's not an incredible game, but it's not just a low-effort graphics remaster.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

credburn posted:

I'm finally getting into Battletech and I just want to know if it's normal to be out of commission for two months after a battle, or if I'm playing this very very poorly.

Are you still in the Leopard dropship you have at the beginning of the game? If so, it's normal for things to take a while. Try to push the story ASAP to get improved build/repair/heal times.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Any opinions on Midnight Protocol, Between the Stars, or Rebel Cops from that bundle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Piquai Souban posted:

Any trip reports on the Master of Magic reboot?

bamhand posted:

Seconding this. Also $40 seems steep. I heard it's mostly the same game but upgraded graphics?

As I understand it, hexes instead of squares, better AI and visuals. The game mechanics are almost untouched, just balance tweaks here and there.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 13, 2022