Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

A friend of mine is working on this arcadey multiplayer hockey game, it's the team's first commercial project and there's a demo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1201380/Puck_Buddies/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Pillars 1 had a bug at launch where the invisible traps generated by one chanter skills weren't deleted at the end of combat so you were steadily filling the world with these objects that the game would keep track of, leading to things like longer and longer load times, lag on looting items, and massive save files

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

I haven't played any of the modern Tomb Raider games.

In that case IMO you should get Tomb Raider (2013), it's the best and cheapest of the three

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

How’s the Chrono Trigger port? Good? Bad? Serviceable?

Launched absolutely terrible which is why you'll see a lot of criticism for it online, has since been patched and is now good

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The Punisher knife gun, but with tiny lightsabers

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Avalerion posted:

I really wanted to like this but the combat made it literally unplayable, as in I could not get through the combat section in the old hospital. :(

anilEhilated posted:

I love Vampyr, but its combat is a minefield. Basically, you need to have means of inflicting damage of every type and some of the skills have massive dowsnides that are not immediately obvious. And of course, given the way the experience system works, leveling means making tough decisions.

Vampyr was such a disappointment to me because if it was just an adventure game about being a vampire doctor it would probably be cool. Like you could still have all the decision making about who to eat and all that. Dontnod's first game, Remember Me, has a super cool world and a lot cool ideas and loving garbage combat that ruins the whole thing because there's just so much of it. So they wisely made a game with no combat in Life is Strange, but then went on to do Vampyr after that

At least both of their upcoming games look like straight up adventure games so for now they seem to be sticking to what they're good at

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Wizard Styles posted:

Invisible Inc. is still one of the best games in the genre.

If anyone's on the fence about Invisible Inc. you should let Austin Walker tell you why it's good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJr8yI-q8AA

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Triarii posted:

Sorry but I already have the perfect categorization system

Same except mine is called "X"

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

It's not exactly match 3, but Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is the only matching puzzle RPG that comes close to the original Puzzle Quest for me, everything else just kinda sucks

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

It took me 98 hours to beat AC Odyssey + all DLC. I did almost all side quests and optional open world stuff I could find but had to stop doing them towards the end because I could feel the burnout coming. I was on a hard deadline though because I played it during the Uplay+ free month last year, if I actually owned the game I probably would have gone back to do everything

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

ymgve posted:

Will it be the enhanced version with good music?

Yeah it's the previously Switch-only Definitive Edition coming everywhere

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I had a 360 in Finland and got laughed at when I said so on the local fighting games IRC channel

Joke was on them though because both SF4 and MvC3 had performance issues on PS3 so 360 ended up being the console of choice for tournaments, so eventually everyone who played those seriously just had both

Other than that my anecdotal experience is that is very much a Playstation country

Veib fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 28, 2020

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Yeah my experience with the Xbone controller is also that the official adapter is the way to go, zero problems with that

I happened to find the bundle of controller+adapter at the same price as just a controller locally, so getting it was a no-brainer

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Tekken 7 is 77 gigs and a third of that is just every FMV from every Tekken game ever

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Oh yeah they're fantastic, but still

Also shameless suck up Lee is the highlight of every Tekken 5 ending he's featured in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYDLlIYRPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxcJitgkzk0

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My favorite jizz-wailer and also my favorite SW background character overall is Max Rebo, the blue elephant

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What previously launched titles is he referring to? What are people looking forward to?

Sonic 06 Remastered

Sonic kissing a human woman, now in 4K

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Griefor posted:

tfw your video game housing has better protections in place than your real life housing

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1296537523515281408

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My load times were massive for an SSD in DX11 while in DX12 they were fine, I didn't notice any real difference in performance between then (a 1070 running at 1080p, don't remember my settings offhand)

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Star Fox 64? Oh do you perhaps mean Lylat Wars, the sequel to the hit game Starwing

the European names for those games are very dumb

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Disgaea 4 is also on Gamepass, so maybe that's what gets me to finally play one of these

I bought Disgaea, Phantom Brave and La Pucelle Tactics for the PS2 well over a decade ago and have played like an hour of them combined

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Violently tumbling out of a nearby cabinet and breathlessly saying Farming Sim 19 is on gamepass.
edit: or was it a free epic game? there's so much to keep track of

19 was indeed free on Epic, but Gamepass has Farming Simulator 17

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The only mainline FF games not on pc are I, II and VIIR which is a timed exclusive, so I would be extremely surprised if XVI wouldn't also be timed

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

There's also the actual first game, Archimedean Dynasty, but that really hasn't aged well.

I loved Archimedean Dynasty back in the day, but I have no intentions of ever going back to it because I don't want to ruin it for myself

It also had a really cool box

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

perc2 posted:

I really couldn't get into Doom 16 because I realised what I like about Doom is that it is a creepy survival horror game, and Doom 2016 is about le epic heavy metal demon rip and tear!!! which I really think completely misses the essence of the original. I dunno, hard to explain really.

Literally the only Doom game that could be described as "creepy survival horror" is Doom 3, ie. the one nobody likes because it's so completely different from the first two games

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

what's a Doom

A Blake Stone clone

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

I think it was in the massive itch.io bundle

It was, yes

Other games from that list that were in the bundle are Wide Ocean Big Jacket and The White Door

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

It's not that hot of a take. The overall tendency of DS2 to just swamp you in groups of connected enemies or dump silly ambushes on your head is one of the more commonly criticized things about it.

I like DS2 (only ever played SotS) but the Iron Keep Clown Car can go gently caress itself

Well the knights start coming and they don't stop coming

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Begemot posted:

playing around with the absurdly detailed character creator.

Yeah I just started playing it on console Gamepass and that is simply too many types of eyebrows

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My rarest achievement is for having a max level Black Cat in Marvel Heroes (actually all six in the showcase are from Marvel Heroes characters), and now I'm sad that the game is dead

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The original Puzzle Quest is one of my all-time favorite games, but everything after that was various levels of garbage and this appears to also be free-to-play so I'm not expecting much

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm tempted, but I'm still waiting for MS Pass to enable the EA Play games. We never heard a date for that after they pushed it back in December right?

I'm also waiting on that and yeah I haven't seen any news about it since

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Dropsy and Hypnospace Outlaw

Dropsy began its life as a CYOA thread here, but I have no idea if the guy is still posting

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Can't forget the ultimate comedy option: Derek Smart's Battlecruiser 3000AD

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ambaire posted:

Wasn't the 'butt shot' in the conversation where Miranda was talking about being engineered for genetic perfection? Didn't really seem out of place or weird to me.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/376424398023962624

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

IIRC Torment has like 3 combat encounters that you 100% have to do and cannot avoid in any way, everything else you could in theory either talk yourself out of, stealth past, or simply ignore and run away, depending on the encounter

In practice doing the last two all the time gets old real fast because there are a lot of enemies to run from that prevent you from doing whatever it is you're there for

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

Strikey Sisters is my go-to, can be played casually or has a lot of extra challenge options if you want to get hardcore.

Oh hey this appears to be on sale right now and costs a whole two euros, so I'm definitely gonna check it out. I loved Shatter, didn't much care for Wizorb, and haven't played anything since those two (they're both a decade old at this point, god)

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Turns out Wayne Gretzky is a valid answer, who knew

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Finished Jedi: Fallen Order over the last few days.

I also finished Jedi: Fallen Order recently and agree with all of this

My main takeaway while playing it was that it was somehow lesser than the sum of its parts, I guess? I just couldn't help feeling that basically every single aspect of the game has been done better elsewhere. It has no identity of its own

Veib fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Yakuza 0 is a very serious story about honor and respect within organized crime, set against the high stakes world of real estate business

Yakuza 0 is also probably the funniest game I've ever played