Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

people say this same stuff about every single vr game that has ever been produced and it's a complete load

I'm a huge advocate for VR and I agree, putting a 2D game in VR is cool and usually an improvement, but it's not transformative. The best VR games are the ones that are doing things that can only be done in VR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i take it back half life alyx is looking pretty great
https://twitter.com/Goobbue_XIV/status/1242189277443903493?s=20

praise rat

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Make sure your steamvr supersampling isn’t cranked to like 250%. That will murder your performance.

And note that they do this automatically :shepface: so it might still be hosed even if you don't know what it is and never touched it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Everyone in my family has a Quest and we've been keeping in touch by playing poker once a week since we're all quarantined in different places. It's easy enough to use that both of my 60+ year old parents are able to navigate it. I think you need to be really keyed in to understand the current progress, but things have progressed super quick in the past few years and it's juts gonna get better from here

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

i would be happy with a headset like the Quest that is not made and sold by loving facebook

Yeah

yeah

TontoCorazon posted:

Cheaper and better headset by samsung and you don't have to deal with facebook and such
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elec...85173851&sr=8-2

This is for a PC wired headset, the Quest is standalone. Unfortunately there's no real competitor for it right now