Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Oh hey a rare achievement with a golden border that's-

oh

Brigador?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Yup, Brigador.

The few! The proud! The war criminals!

gently caress yeah. Are the glowy achievements new?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sonel posted:

Glowing achievements were a part of the library update.

Word, thanks!

I always love seeing Brigador stuff pop up cause I'm good friends with a handful of the creators(two of them are on these forums somewhere...) and like sharing people enjoying war crimes.

Brigador Killers is gonna be goddamn :kiss:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

This fixed it!

I thought I updated the firmware after my first post, but I think I downloaded firmware for one of their controllers... I downloaded a file from their site after a Google search. I went back to their site, poked around, and realized I got the wrong file. After actually installing what I thought I previously installed, I'm back in business! Thanks!

Now back to Witcher 3.

cani play Witchehhhh 3 with the Switch Pro controller on my PC? :eyepop:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Witcher 3 is even available for the Switch.

Haha yeah, they just had a great sale on it and its DLC on Steam, so I am now its proud owner :toot:

repiv posted:

Steam natively supports the Switch Pro controller so if your PC has bluetooth you can just connect it directly, no adapter or special software required. I think USB also works.

Wildtortilla posted:

Yes absolutely. Although I prefer the Wii U Pro. My PC doesn't have any wireless connection on its own and I don't like to be tethered by a wire, so I use the 8bitdo adapter.

I avoid wired connections because I ruined the USB port on a dual shock 4 after about 200 hours of wired use with my PC.

Most excellent!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

One of the best soundtracks I ever bought through steam was the Brigador soundtrack. If you haven't listened to it, do!

gently caress yeah. New OST is gonna be so fuckin fresh

The artist who did their music did the music for another rhythm game too, uh Overpass I think it is

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My partner gifted me Return of the Obra Dinn for Xmas, and we just completed it yesterday. I 100% recommend this game, holy drat was it fun! We racked up approximately 17h of playtime, which we probably could've shaved down to 15 hours had we not completely missed something, solved a lot of things even without that thing, then found the something we had missed and realized it made solving everything easy peasy.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jewce posted:

Return of the Obra Dinn is the midweek madness sale and seems to be at its lowest price ever at $14.

I know I read about that game for pages and pages and have been in a gaming rut, so I feel like the timing is perfect.

Play this game, it is great! This game is great, play it :drum:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody been having longer load times in GTFO? Just noticed it last night, no real issues once we're in-game but it seems to be taking a little longer on the drop-in loading screen.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gonna start The Witchehhhh 3 today, any mods that are absolutely essential?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bought that bundle cause :eyepop:

What's everyone's must play in it?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

goferchan posted:

Hollow Knight motherfucker!!

Oh yeah, I already have it for Switch, actually.

Both taken!

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 1, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The gently caress is Magix? Is there ANOTHER game launching program? Yeesh.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That humble bundle just doubled the size of my Steam library

Am I one of the cool kids yet, since I probably will only play 4/5 of the games?!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

You've got a long road ahead of you, kiddo

:negative:

This is what I get for being out of the PC gaming world for *checks watch* 14 years or so

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zedd posted:

You want a copy of tropico4 to never play?

Haha that was in the COVID-19 Humble Bundle, but thanks anyway!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dudeness posted:

Oh hey Risk of Rain 2 free weekend.

:awesomelon:

Thanks for the tip

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

New GTFO rundown scenarios seem fun, played and beat the first one. Some new graphics,
they introduce a few of the new mechanics.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Stickman posted:

Steam did this same dumb thing for over a decade until they finally wised up and started including the specific time that the sale ended.

E: Or did they? Am I thinking of a different platform?

they didn't do it when Nuclear Throne was on sale weeks ago, said X-Y and it definitely ended the day before Y

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Nah, that game’s ugly as gently caress, sorry homie.

:thunk:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a fix to the Unity error that pops up on certain games if you have Citrix workspace installed? Was gonna play games with my partner last night but the first 4 she picked all had that error...

On the plus side we then played It's Hard To Build A Snowman and fell in love :swoon: she was hugging everything: the snowmen, the bushes, the bird baths...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pedo Simulator got a rebrand huh

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

v1ld posted:

Go into Device Manager and disable the "Citrix Virtual Bus Enumerator" device.

You'll find way more involved suggestions if you Google, but that simple fix lets me play Unity games while Citrix continues to work.

Ooh I'm gonna try this very soon, thanks!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Mortician's Tale was a great little story that addresses some of my grievances with Western death culture, was educational enough but not overly so, and had some pretty great comedic writing, on top of showing that everyone grieves differently and how the obstacles about talking about death are different for everyone.

I highly recommend it, you can blast though it in an hour.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Okami HD: ? is the first letter of the name of the main character
V?85V-N78ER-P?CRP

Thanks for this!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

This Wa* of Mine: XZ069-P*6DI-0XB72

A lurker snagged this one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bad post printer go brrrrrrr

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone saying MGSV has bad gameplay obviously hasn't spent hours running slow mo up to enemies and drone arm punching everyone into a restful sleep

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

You can literally set The Man Who Sold The World as your theme song while your helicopter rains down bullets on your enemies

The good never ends and the bad never starts, that game was fire

Okay the bad starts somewhere in the plot if you actually try to make sense of it but who cares about that when you have a goddamn ROCKET ARM and a pet dog?!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its mandatory to spin the camera dramatically whenever that one lady sings WHOOOOAAAAAA HOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otaWQIcTodo

:hai:

This cat gets it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Metal Gear Solid 5 could have been the best stealth game of all time, head and shoulders above everything else... if not for a few really bad design decisions that totally destroy the late game.

The game is, however, absolutely excellent for the first 15 or 20 hours... then goes straight to poo poo after that. You realize both maps are boring and awful, getting new items takes a Korean MMO grind, and you have to pay for every single thing, every single time you get out of your helicopter, with money that isn't easy to come by.

Also, and this is pretty telling, the base in Ground Zeroes is BY FAR the best stealth area in both games. Nothing in MGS5 touches it. Actually I think the perfect Stealth game would probably look a lot like Ground Zeroes but you can use all of MGS5's gadgets and tricks. MGS5 would have been way better if it was just a series of individual levels/areas/bases like in Ground Zeroes you could just play forever, actually.

nah

i was rich as poo poo in MGSV

Zereth posted:

I believe the evolution tree is so big, you can in fact get from any mon to any other mon with enough work.

i'm picturing a drawing like the timeline in Primer for this evolution tree :psyduck:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Another thing about MGS5.

The story is completely bonkers in a bad way. It's just monkey cheese random and completely stupid. For example there are multiple hours of an old guy doing a monologue about stuff like the made-up scientific process of how Kojima's idiotic rust bacteria works... and how to make the perfect hamburger. It's seriously a gigantic waste of time.

The actual plot itself makes less than zero sense in an effort to be cool and mysterious, but it's just stupid and pointless. Everything exists for the Rule of Cool. If you have to play it, just ignore it all and concentrate on getting more toys for your GIJoe main character.

Also your base seems like it will be cool at first but it also just sucks and is a giant waste of time that serves zero practical benefit. Everything it gives you might as well just exist in a menu. Oh and if you want to visit more than the empty main hub, get ready for an unskippable multi-minute cutscene every time you travel from one part of your base to another.

We get it homie, you have bad opinions, no need to drive it home so many times

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So I'm pretty sold on Little Nightmares, are all the DLCs worth it for the extra $2.50?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Silver Snail posted:

The three DLCs listed at $2.50 each are all part of the same bonus campaign, so get the Secrets of the Maw Expansion Pass for $5 instead. And yeah, if you're enjoying the main story, the DLC campaign is good too.

I'm confused; isn't the Complete Edition a better deal? $7.50 for the three DLCs and Secrets of the Maw?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Silver Snail posted:

Oh yeah, I missed that one, get that then :)

Haha, thanks! :toot:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Samuringa posted:

A classic RPG made by Square at the top of their days is on the same level as a random rpgmaker game, gotcha.

That night be the spiciest take in this topic :psyduck:

Like.. gently caress

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Immortal Defense is addicting, and the story seems pretty cool!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

been on a bit of an older game kick. I saw that Resident Evil 4 was on sale a weekish ago so I picked it up. Played waaaayy back on the Gamecube when it first came out and never beat it so felt it was to fix that issue. drat this game is awesome. Controls are a bit awkward but once you get used to them its a thrilling action game with dashes of horror mixed in. I will never get sick of suplexing cultists either. Managed to actually finish it this time and im already sizing up a professional run through.

I probably play through this game at least once a year, it's so loving perfect

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Leon Kennedy is unashamedly the best video game character and will be for many years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I am just getting my poo poo absolutely pushed in in Immortal Defense, and I think I must be missing something. It's the first mission of the second campaign, The Brothers Bavakh. I'm starting with almost 0 monies, so I'm wondering if I need to keep doing the preceding 'infinite' level until I get a good results, as I think that influences my money on the next mission?

Edit: Ooh I may not have unlocked new potential medals and tried to apply their effects, I bet that's what's holding me back!

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 10, 2020