Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the new slay the spire character is really cool.

Det_no posted:

That game looks pretty trash.

yeah it came up in my discovery queue and i just passed by it because it just looks like a worse nuclear throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh sweet, i finally caught an atelier sale. inject the anime directly into my veins thank you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gort posted:

It is? I never saw any problems in my playthrough. Maybe I just got lucky?

the only thing that ever really bothered me was this

quote:

Though its 30fps average is technically correct, Bloodborne often produces two unique frames followed by two duplicates - rather than one after another - creating a perception of frame-rate drops throughout

even when the game is running at 30 it stutters because of this.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sylphosaurus posted:

I´ve been hankering for a new ARPG, since Diablo 3 has gone a bit stale for me and I´ve had my eyes on Path of Exile but got intimidated by the atlas that is the skilltree and the giant amount of features in the game.
come by the thread, join the guild, ask questions. we will get you rolling. its not as scary as it looks at first.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Can you recommend some $10-20 games that look really pretty at high resolution (1440 or 4k) on medium hardware?

i remember when the ps4 came out the trine devs said they could get 2 running at 4k on that hardware if it was allowed so maybe try one of those games. they look pretty nice.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wow kentucky route zero is actually getting finished.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats funny, i keep meaning to try terraria after watching the agdq run

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is this the cheapest celeste has been? 66% off

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i played through grim dawn once but thought it was far too slow coming from path of exile. i heard they added movement skills now with one of the expansions. are these like poe style zoom zoom or d3 style cooldowns?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

poo poo I didn't know there was even a THIRD! character

the 3rd and 4th are both really cool and different. definitely give them a shot

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"im saying, in 2009 B game tier, this is fine"

it looks like a bog standard boring shooting game youve played 100 times but with terminators

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no one knows if its any good since only the first act of the game is playable

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

all the streamers ive seen have been playing the act 1 only early access version

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you have a backlog of actually good games, lords of the fallen simply is not worth the time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

GhostDog posted:

Gamestar gave Wolcen a 69 because of tons of bugs and the new acts generally seeming very unfinished, then got contacted by the developer and told that this was a miscommunication with the german PR agency and what they've gotten was not the release build. Seems...iffy.

the fact that they havent shown anything in their early access build has me wary enough to wait for full release and i am a big arpg guy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Memnaelar posted:

Yeah, he seems like a legit reviewer for ARPGs
yeah rhykker is a good guy and not a paid shill so if he says its good then there is some hope

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the steam configuration lets you dim and even turn off the led on a ds4

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fallom posted:

I have a pet from the beta trapped on a Steam linked account :(

support can merge mtx from an old account to a new one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

apparently there is a bug in wolcen where logging off in act 2 will roll you back to act 1 even in offline mode so uh, dont log out for now i guess lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dunno about you but i only trust GAMER ENRG drinks

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you watch that make sure you stick around until at least 25 seconds

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was looking at a game that apparently did this demo thing last time steam did it in december. so they definitely have a demo made but i cant try it anymore. its very dumb.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i tried 2 of the demos last night. rising hell is the kind of game you would randomly get in a $1 bundle tier and then play it for a couple hours and have some fun and then never think about again. its not offensive but its not very good either.
resolutiion has a hyper light drifter kind of vibe but its not in the same ballpark. combat felt extremely clunky. your movement skill and special abilities all use the same slowly regenerating resource so you can dodge or shoot your gun but not really both together for more than a second. melee attacks are very slow. text feels like its trying to be deep and existential but also like it wasnt originally written in english.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does doom eternal have environments other than "industrial" and "orange" because that turned me off of the first one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i can see it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i turned off gameplay and people coming online notifications very quickly

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

operencia is the first of these demos ive tried that i think is pretty darn good and worth looking at if you like grimrock style dungeon crawling

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah liberated has a cool aesthetic but the gameplay sucks and im not a fan of how during gameplay it keeps the comic border instead of zooming in. its like being forced to play in a little window.

i liked operencia. check if out if 3d dungeon crawling is interesting to you. raji was very pretty but the combat seemed rather shallow. might be worth looking at.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i pretty much never double dip on games but i think im going to on shovel knight since i got it on my 3ds years ago before any of the extra stuff was out and now i never use my 3ds anymore.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did the devs of dustforce ever make another game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Johnny Law posted:

They were working on http://spiregame.com/ but it's been all *crickets* on that front for a couple of years at least now.
oof yeah. mid 2016 was the last update

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its in there

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wow that was still available like 9 minutes later. thanks ill try it out

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so one step from eden is included in humble choice this month but its a drm free copy? is there any way to see all the possible options without buying it? im only seeing previous months. i havent really looked at this since it changed over from the old monthly system.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dias posted:

I watched a QL for One Step From Eden and it looks like hard as balls. I think you could straight up rip off MMBN's combat + Slay the Spire deck building and make an amazing deckbuilder, I'unno if that game isn't overtuned. Anyone tried it out?

i watched someone playing it on like ascension level 3 for awhile today and it is extremely fast and looked really really hard yeah. dont buy it if you arent interested in gitting gud

edit: i bought it. on my first run i got to the 2nd boss. its not too crazy in the first area.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 27, 2020

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anyone doesnt want wizard of legend from that bundle ill toss you a couple bucks for it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Johnny Truant posted:

Bought that bundle cause :eyepop:

What's everyone's must play in it?

brothers is like a 3 hour game that is worth going through. i didnt think the ending was as moving as some people but the environments are nice.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have been talking to my dad about buying games on pc. he just told me he almost bought fallout 4 (he played previous ones on xbox but he didnt buy a bone) but he was concerned about shooting with the keyboard.

the last shooting game he played on pc was doom lol. i told him he could aim with the mouse and he was relieved and said he might buy it now :allears:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is that some kind of missile launcher strapped to its back or a jetpack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cowcaster posted:

if anything i'd say it is definitely supposed to be a kb+m game, you want to be able to point at things and click on them

it has pretty good controller targeting i think. there is some soft snapping to enemies