Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

StrixNebulosa posted:

so omg, Recore is literally 3D Megaman. You're a lady exploring a failed(?) space colony planet with her robot dog friend, You shoot robots with charged shots, have a dash, and look for powerups and parts. I'm in love with it already.

I know the steam reviews say it involves backtracking and has some other issues, but the intro area was fast and smooth to play and I got to pull robot cores right out of them with a silly tug of war minigame so I'm already hooked.

Recore was fine and fun enough. One thing I'd say: if you stop having fun, feel free to stop rather than pushing through to the end. There's no payoff whatsoever. The ending just sets up a sequel that will never come.

Edit: also IMO blue core guy in the dog body has the best special attack. Eventually he blasts that laser in a full 360 degree arc that does huge damage to everything. :hellyeah:

Anthony Chuzzlewit fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think my favorite thing about Autonauts so far is how stupid these robots are. They do exactly what you tell them to do and nothing more.

For example! One robot I set up to find robots in a specific area and recharge them. I figured it could handle three areas. NOT SO.

It would do one area, then move to the second, then to the third. The third only had one robot in it, so it would wait like the 5 minutes for them to wind down, recharge them, and then it would go back to the first two areas.... completely neglecting that there were like 10 robots waiting for recharges, because it was told to do the areas in sequence.

The game is like. "these are dumb robots. instead of giving them complex instructions, make more robots."

So now I have a robot who collects sticks into a bin, one who takes sticks to the axe-making bench, and one who gets rocks, and so on. Because I cannot trust these little idiots to do more than one or two tasks at a time without getting confused. (I love them dearly and am glad I have like 20 of them now.)

This sounds like exactly my jam. Picked it up for :tenbux:. I'm about done with Oxygen Not Included and I've been looking for something to scratch that itch. Hydroneer was interesting, but only for a few hours. It's very much a "my first game" game. :(

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

exquisite tea posted:

I can't wait to pay 50bux to play this game that I already own and can play anytime!!!!

:same:

I really appreciate that the trailer showed the graphics / controls / benchmarking menus. Finally, a marketing guy "gets" me.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

StrixNebulosa posted:

You CAN shoot a baby, but they're really agile so it's better to club them

Thread title please.