Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

yeah I probably should have just thought of moving a bunch of stuff to the new USB drive to free up my SSD instead of installing FFXV to the USB drive.

You can set up a new library on a USB drive, download and install FFXV there, move games from your SSD to the USB library, and then move FFXV to the library on the SSD. It'll be less fiddly than copying folders manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Blaster Master Zero was pretty good, but I got BM02 and had to refund it after like thirty minutes. What happened?

Light Gun Man posted:

I liked both just fine? What problems did you have?

Was it a reaction to Kanna?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I figured the first sight of her would be enough to get at least one person to refund the game out of embarrassment.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Legacy of Kain bundle on Fanatical

For less than four bucks you can play gothic zelda and listen to some of the best voice acting ever made for video games

The three games in the bundle are listed on the bottom of the page under "You may also like," and it's cheaper to buy them individually than to buy the bundle.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Quoting myself with an update- put in for a refund after 15 minutes of play. My first opponent was some kind of tutorial/training fight, and he hit me with a critical on his first move and one-shot my dude. The game wasn't built around that happening, so it just kind of... stuck there. Had to quit out and said gently caress it. I know that it's early access but holy crap that's a dumb softlock.

You can report that to the developer, right?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Didn't Nintendo own the rights to W101? I'm assuming they sold the IP rights back to Platinum for a pittance and a guaranteed Switch port because the Wii U game was such a bomb. God Hand was a similar bomb for Capcom, right?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Wouldn't "PC Master Racer" be a more appropriate title?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

orcane posted:

Personally I like them charging DoA6 fans $1 per hair color change now, just in case there were people left who didn't figure out Koei Tecmo are all about ripping off customers first and foremost when they started releasing $90 costume packs with DoA5.

They're not pulling the hair color poo poo on the PC version for some reason. I can't imagine why.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've got Doom Eternal pre-loaded, it's supposed to unlock at 9PM Pacific on Thursday night, and I'll have work until about midnight or so. If I leave my computer on with Steam running, will it automatically begin the decryption process at 9 and be ready to play when I get home, or will I have to hit Play to start it? If it's the latter, can I do that from the Android Steam app?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How effective is remote-detonating a rocket behind them?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I guess the store page is dead at the moment?

EDIT:

A good poster fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 17, 2020

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

8one6 posted:

Part two of "Games I got from a recent Humble Bundle that I either already have or don't really want"

VVVVVV

Wow, I didn't expect this to still be available nearly six hours later. Thank you.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Don't Atlus have some connection with Vanillaware these days? Who do I have to slap to get some of those games on Steam? Muramasa is trapped on the Wii and Vita, and it's too beautiful for either of those platforms.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is coming to steam!!!!

*it's Story of Seasons actually but in case you didn't know, the OG Harvest Moon team is now Story of Seasons, and any modern Harvest Moon games are just lovely

I just looked at the link of the title and thought "oh, this is one of the fake Harvest-Moon-in-name-only games, isn't it?"

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Didn't the news of it's initial catastrophe drive more interest in it and give it a nice bump in sales?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

MonkeyforaHead posted:

What'd RWS do that we hate, though? Why's 3DR tarnished by association?

I think it's because RWS jumped into Gamergate with both feet.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

That's one or two steps away from a shooter with the art style of The Return of the Obra Dinn.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

pentyne posted:

There were still people frothing with anger that Steam "forced" them to use a smartphone for 2FA. The guy who made one of the major card idle programs ceased support for it for that reason.

Bieeanshee posted:

I honestly couldn't afford a smartphone when it launched, and the best I could when I did was a damned Windows phone. Not a huge thing, given I didn't work the marketplace, but still frustrating.

If anyone's actually stopped from setting up 2FA for things by not having a mobile device, WinAuth works with Steam authorization codes, Blizzard 2FA codes, and the Google authorization codes used by uPlay, EGS, and whatever else. It's made starting Steam kind of cumbersome in that I have to do the following:

1) Start KeePass and type in its password
2) Start WinAuth and go back to KeePass to grab its password and paste it into the WinAuth window
3) Start Steam and go back to KeePass to grab its password and paste it into the Steam window
4) Go to the WinAuth window and grab the authentication code for Steam and paste it in to the Steam window

It beats grabbing a phone or tablet when I want to open Steam, though.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm just getting to Shantae and the Seven Sirens in my backlog, but I remember when that just got to Steam after being exclusive to Apple Arcade people were saying it wasn't as good as previous games or was maybe too easy. Was that more a case of trying to appeal to more casual iPhone users, or all of Wayforward's good level designers having left to work for Yacht Club?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
April 10th is the one-year anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4. What are the odds Square will announce a PC release date within the next week? Is the Intergrade version on PS5 going to reset the usual 12-month exclusivity window to start on June 10th?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I guess Steam now charges me BC's provincial sales tax. Is that a new thing, and does it apply to other countries?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How far along in development are those games to be making such drastic design changes? That's usually a disaster, isn't it?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Sol Seraph tried to be a modern Actraiser, but it didn't turn out so great.

I've finished the main campaigns of the games in the Halo Master Chief Collection, and I'm not interested in the multiplayer, so all that's left is Spartan Ops in Halo 4. From what I've read about it, it's co-op focused, so does that mean it's not tuned for a single player at all? Is it basically a separate campaign all its own?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is that Storage Manager that lets you sort by install location still just in the Beta version of the client?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They left in the music they lost the rights to, and even put the ridiculous sex scenes back in? The collection's practically worth :filez:ing just for historic value at this point.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

zoux posted:

The king of all tactics games is Shining Force II

Mescal posted:

Never heard of it, but it's a dollar on steam. Unless it's better to emulate it for some reason?

That Steam game is just a rom packaged with a Genesis emulator, so if it does play better on whatever free Genesis emulator you have you can just put the rom into your rom collection guilt-free.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Was there nearly this much bitching about weird spellings when JYDGE released?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Can we call HDDs spinners, and say programs on them are ridin' spinners?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If anyone has problems using a smartphone for 2FA things, WinAuth will do Steam codes, Google Authenticator codes (used by uPlay and the Epic Launcher, among others), and other types of codes on Windows.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's a few other nice choices these days too, Authy is alright, Bitwarden can store TOTPs alongside a site's login and copy them to the clipboard when you autofill with it, etc.

I think Blizzard is the only mob that requires their own one anymore but that might have changed too.

WinAuth has an option for Battle.net.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space

Rinkles is correct. Dead Space on PC is such a pain.

Wow, terrible mouse acceleration and overly large deadzones on controller thumbsticks?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Wasn't New World also making headlines over how popular it was, only to have its player count decrease sharply weeks later?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Velocity Raptor posted:

Bought a couple of Bundles this week. Here are the games that haven't been redeemed yet. All games redeem on Steam except for Max Payne 3, which needs to go into the Rockstar Social Club.

Toe Jam and Earl was taken, but I snagged This War of Mine. Thanks.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I use a 48" TV for a monitor and I still don't use Big Picture Mode.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Raytraced Doom!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Begemot posted:

I'm still mad they didn't do a full-on Sid Meier's Pirates! remake with all the systems from that game. The pirating action was so much fun, they already had all the pieces!

Wasn't Skull & Bones supposed to be that?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought I'd get into Metal Gear Rising again after beating it years ago, but ran into a bug where it's locked at 24 FPS in fullscreen mode, and it has no borderless windowed mode. Luckily, there's a little program that can force its windowed mode to go to full screen and keep the proper framerate. It's little things like this that make console fanboys so smug.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
5 was when they started the engine before the most recent engine, which would then be used in 0 and Kiwami 1, and possibly the later historical one, I think.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How many of the PC Game Show announcements were Epic Store exclusives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

quote:

Notice: BABYLON'S FALL will be ending service on February 28, 2023, 18:00 JST / 09:00 GMT / 01:00 PT.

After that point the game, along with any in-game currency and in-game purchased items, will no longer be accessible. Between now and when the service ends, as a way to show our gratitude to our players, we intend to run various in-game activities.

As part of the scheduled shutdown process we will be:

September 13, 2022 (Tue)
- Stopping all sales of the in-game currency "Garaz"
- Ceasing Digital and Physical retail sales

February 28, 2023 (Tue), 16:00 JST / 07:00 GMT /
February 27, 2023 (Mon), 23:00 PT
- End of service

Please see the Hanging Garden website for additional details around the shutdown.
https://hanging-garden.babylonsfall.com/

It won't even have lasted a year.