Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
I don't know if this is proper place for asking for game recommendations, but here goes anyways:

Is there game that has similar (space) trade / manufacturing empire management as X4, without being so openly hostile to player about everything? I don't particularly care about space dog fighting and all that, but setting up manufacturing, transports and all that seems nice. Proper economy and other independent operators would be neat.

Kinda like Port Royale, but in space! (Space setting not critical, I guess?)

VVV: Seems neat, added to the Wishlist, thanks!

Banemaster fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
I dropped and refunded Disco Elysium after I noted how "lol-random spork" type the humour in the game was. I was basically done after I accidentally flew through the room to hit wheelchair bound woman after failing skill check.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

I am here now. I really like how this whole bit is kind of an easter egg for players brave enough to jump off the elevator on a lark (unless I missed a hint/sign).

Crestfallen Warrior (the guy who sits by the bonfire at Firelink Shrine) gives a hint about the bird, but it only happens once, AFAIK.

Glare Seethe posted:

That was an interesting fight, and the second time in this game that I felt a little bit like a villain.

Minor dialogue and achievement spoiler, spoilered just to be safe:

Priscilla: "Ahh... But, why... What seeketh thee?"
Me

Banemaster fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 7, 2021

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

Goddammit stop making me eye an entirely multiplayer game that I'll play once and then never touch again :argh:

Same. Definitely one of those games of which idea I like much more than actually playing it.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010

Hollandia posted:

That's just FEAR, you can't fool me

Good.

I want more FEAR.