Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Occultatio posted:

holy poo poo what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

exquisite tea posted:

Now would be a good time to replay KRZ since I've forgotten most of it.

same, i'm gonna get so goddam high first

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kibayasu posted:

Does anyone remember what those free releases for KRZ were and when during the game you should play them? I remember The Entertainment but that’s it.

i think... whenever? tbh i found the hyper-art hipsterism of krz borderline tedious but it has those, stunning, amazing moments that everything else is in service of so i'm looking forward taking another run at it

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Call Your Grandma posted:

Transistor for me.

Yeah that's incredible.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

anilEhilated posted:

Disco Elysium: failing the Drama check at the karaoke scared the poo poo out of my cat - and that was through headphones. Please tell me there's a different version if you actually pass.

It's nowhere near as good though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Andrast posted:

The original DS1 port was still by far the best way to play DS1 before the remaster

Yeah Dsfix came out, what, three days after release? Four? It was absolutely hosed before that, granted.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kanfy posted:

My 970 still holds up well enough for my purposes so I can't imagine 1080 not being at the very least adequate for most people.

Yeah I upgraded my 970 and I've yet to really notice the difference.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This and spelled are both fine

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I really enjoying starcom, fwiw

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

pentyne posted:

Middle Earth Shadow of War

They removed all the micro transactions and the grind points online to unlock single player stuff right?

It was never that much of a deal but yeah.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cardiovorax posted:

I was talking about the ability itself. Honestly, I agree with you, most fights just aren't difficult enough to really need an oil to begin with. It's available at all times and useful whenever you do use it, though, so if people want to have that buff up all the time, the only thing that stops them shouldn't be that the game makes it to much of a bother to actually do so. You know what I mean? I think that kind of thing is just fundamentally bad game design.

it makes you feel like a witcher, in a game called, 'the witcher'. if you want easier fights all the time without thinking about it why not just turn down the difficulty? Agree about the UI, iirc Friendly HUD is a good mod to make it easier.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fat Samurai posted:

You're cheating yourself 10 minutes of life each time you'd complete a quest. The extra xp is already in the game and you still have to meet the requirements to finish the quest.

Also, single player game, do what you want, etc...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

meticulous preparation is a part of the witcher that people enjoy

(4,324 reiterations of this argument loop later)

actually i am not sure i ever cared about this issue

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mierenneuker posted:

So is it an essential oil mod or not? My aunt on Facebook wants to know.

homoeopathic oils mod: oils no longer have any effect

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's not a controller game imo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RBA Starblade posted:

Game Pass is a great value but a colossal piece of poo poo. If I uninstall a game now it instantly starts reinstalling it (and usually fails).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Flimf posted:

really weird to call people crazy for spending their money however they wish.

oh no this unfathomable sum of 300 dollars

I don't think you've been following this conversation

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Superanos posted:

I've been playing Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines lately to prepare for the sequel. Never played it before and I can definitely feel the 2004 jank. I'm really enjoying everything except the combat - I think I'm missing some kind of cheese method for most fights. That bishop boss is just impossible but the quest to kill him seems to be optional so I didn't do it.

I was just told to go into Chinatown, is there much of the game still left?

It thins right out. You're maybe 2/3 through or even 3/4? Save your flamethrower fuel and don't be afraid to cheat, the chinatown boss is just awful.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i read a lot of terrible goon fiction and my #1 dialogue tip is 'don't write like people talk, write like people talk in good books'.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i'm still on an xbox 360 wireless controller, and it's great. Apparently the dpad is bad but i only use it for selecting things so haven't noticed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I loved HL2 when I first played it, but when I went back to play it a few years later I just couldn't get into it. If I could just skip the cutscenes, or they were shorter, it would be a lot easier to enjoy.
That said, I do have to dig up my copy of the artbook because that thing was amazing.

I still love the mood and vibe of hl2 and think the gameplay stands up really well. The AI of the combine isn't as nasty and the smg is anemic but otherwise it's great imo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cardiovorax posted:

It's definitely the best bundle I've seen on Fanatical in quite a while. All-around recommended and great value for the money.

Fanatical is great, there are occasional gems but it's just a great source of berserk eurojank for almost nothing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cardiovorax posted:

It's not really the fault of Watchdogs 2 being a bad game so much as it being a game that really does nothing particularly interesting of its own. It's an alright and even a really good game... if you've not played the standard Ubisoft Open World Game enough to be heartily sick of it. If you have, then it's the lack of unique ideas (and particularly the lack of new unique ideas over Watchdogs 1) that makes it feel like less than it really is. That probably has a lot to do with it.

The hacking scenes where you're flying around solving a room sized puzzle are great.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that looks amazing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dead island has the worst dialogue and a bizarre Diablo loot system but it's actually a p great zombie game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuligin posted:

Dungeon Siege owned, and i wish arpgs had followed more in its vein instead of all turning into frictionless number crunch skinner boxes

I just remember it being insanely dull

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yes, it's like watching a computer masturbate

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Serephina posted:

Yea, no boss ever showed any resilience from what I recall. The chinese evil lady was more notable for having that dungeon prior to her than her fight itself, where she probably just got gunned down like everybody else. Also if your flamethrower isn't automauling everything you might wanna check your files, cuz that's just not right.

Same experience, i think I cheated past her as well.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've been playing Diablo 3 on PS4 and having a blast - i started a mage on expert last night and the difficulty is perfect, not crazy hard but you have to stay alert all the time and packs of yellow bosses need very careful attention.

I can't believe they made you play through the whole game at faceroll difficulty at launch before changing difficulty, what a stupid decision.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ulio posted:

Has this happened to anyone else? I use to love playing massive open world games like GTA or Far Cry when I was younger but these days I literally can't play them more than an hour after getting bored. I feel like I can't play any game that is too open or loose, I need some kind of narrative focus or the gameplay has to be excellent like the Souls games(not massive openworld but still). It's weird cause back in the day I hated games like Half Life or would have hated stuff like Wolfenstein but now I enjoy those games a lot more than the games I loved up as a kid. And its not even a time constraint thing.

It's called weed, op

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cowcaster posted:

gonna take a stab in the dark and guess you ran through the story mode once, most likely with friends, and dropped it afterwards?

That's called "playing the game"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dias posted:

I remember that terrible trailer for Dead Island, and worst of all, I remember people thinking it was emotional. I guess revulsion is an emotion.

Lol those stupid sheeple amirite experiencing feelings at the death of a child.

The trailer was good, if exploitative, it just had hilariously little to do with the tone of the game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dias posted:

It was RIDICULOUSLY exploitative, my dude. It just got even worse after the game was released.

Yes, that's what I said.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Have they fixed the audio in reach?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I got Savage Vessels last night and it's really neat - asteroidsing your way around an bunch of rocks and angry robots. It has great physicality, everything clunks and whirs and ptoonks.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ShootaBoy posted:

So uh, thoughts on the Battletech game? I don't give a poo poo about whatever story they did, but there's a mode that's just running your mercs, right? Cause I need some big, stompy mech action in my life, and when I can drop the game to costing $10, its tempting.

Yeah, it's good. Basically Xcom with robots, but it's very well done.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Elman posted:

So uh, I just got to the part where the soldiers arrive in Black Mesa and I see they haven't tweaked their AI at all. They have instant reaction time and shoot you the moment they see you, so it's extremely hard to kill any of them without taking damage. Alien enemies are fine, but this is just cheap. Admittedly I'm playing on Hard difficulty but Hard was fine in HL1, and I really thought they would have fixed this by now.

I think I'll probably just skip ahead to Xen and play that part. It's great that they finally finished this but the old content is really showing its age.

There is an easy config tweak that fixes that, a Google should turn it up.

E: skill.cfg in resources? Have a fiddle round in there.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 7, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fifteen of Many posted:

Borderlands 1 question: my wife and I recently started a coop run and are dying a lot. Are there any beginner mistakes we may be making or general advice? We’re doing all the side quests we find but still find ourselves having to suicide run bosses or badasses.

Make sure you are both the right level for the content, being under leveled is pure pain.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Any thoughts on outward as a 2 player coop game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cowcaster posted:

it's bite-sized and not as well written compared to what people were hoping for (fallout: new vegas 2.0) but at the end of the day it's not particularly awful, just mediocre

my closest point of comparison would be the harebrained scheme's shadowrun games

That's harsh, dragonfall was excellent.