Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Bet you're not getting an Index from that bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

How's the new Goku game?

I was curious so I checked out a stream of some gameplay and the English voice acting was awful. I haven't watched DBZ since elementary school so I don't know if it's in line with newer versions of the show, but it just sounds like bad acting. I don't plan on getting the game so I didn't watch long enough to judge gameplay.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Gamepass isn't $1 anymore, at least mine isn't. I got charged $5 the other day. Originally got it for Outer Worlds but have just let it ride.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Why would someone who isn't a fan of the show play the game?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The night in the woods dev killed himself?? Does that mean I can morally purchase the game?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

haldolium posted:

drat hope my child will be chill enough so I get a few hours to play this.... Probably won't happen.

Have you considered suspending your child in a liquid-filled frontpack to be worn while gaming?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I actually was curious how they and other companies would crunch games out when everyone has to work from home.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Odyssey is better.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I liked RDR2 but after 100 hours the shooting gallery gunfights became monotonous. But for the value and time I happily sank in it's my GOTY 2019.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Katamari games kind of feel like Honey I Shrunk The Kids even though it's not exactly that.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

codo27 posted:

I mean sure 4 bucks. Its a very redundant, unfinished game. Dont go out of your way to do all the side missions and it wont feel as rehashed.

drat I really want Streets of Rage but 26 bucks? On sale? I mean I'll beat it in an hour then not touch it again.

Beat it in that time and you can return it!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Assassin's Creed Odyssey was very fun but it overstayed its welcome bigtime. I finished the main quest after 85 hours, I completed the Lost Tales of Greece free postlaunch content, but I could not find the motivation to continue hunting the remaining cultists or get into the Atlantis questline (the first episode was enabled on my account). The main quest ended rather abruptly and was disappointing as hell, but I'm sure that doing the cult stuff I'm skipping gets you the more satisfying ending. I'll tell you what, watching the Ghost of Tsushima gameplay while doing a playthrough of Odyssey made GoT look lackluster as gently caress, I feel like I just played the game early.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
If you haven't played Yakuza by now you don't deserve it at such a discount! You deserve a nonfunctioning bag phone!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Is Heavy Rain worth playing nowadays or should I just get Detroit? I watched a LP of Beyond Two Souls years ago and I'm not interested in that one. There's no continuity between the three, right?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Skip to Detroit, go back to Heavy Rain if you really want more. There is no link between the three games.

After posting I noticed there's a 14 gig demo. Detroit here I come.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I was too dumb for Outer Wilds. By the time I got over my fear of the scary parts, I couldn't figure out the final sequence without having to look up a guide and by that time I just watched a YouTube video and uninstalled the game.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Veib posted:

If anyone's on the fence about Invisible Inc. you should let Austin Walker tell you why it's good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJr8yI-q8AA

I like videos like this, saving for later. More videos of people spilling their guts over their love for games.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Friends of in her hole town

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
All of FFXIV's quests are fetch quests, even through the "good" content of Stormblood and Shadowbringers. The story gets more interesting and animation gets better, but you are still going town to town doing chores. The variations of quests throughout all expansions are: Bring item to person, kill x of mob, "investigate" area (right-click shiny spot to trigger cutscene/fight or fulfill objective, or walk into purplish-shaded circle to trigger fight), or the occasional dungeon you must matchmake with others to complete. If you can't get into reading the story, then that's what you've got. I get bored of the gameplay really quick unless I'm high.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I know its probably old news. But I just wanna say Deep Rock Galactic is excellent. I bought it only a few days ago and have already sunk 30 hours into it.

For Rock and Stone! :black101:

For Karl!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Right now you can get Horizon Zero Dawn for 43bux from GMG with the NEW14 checkout code, in case you were waiting for a discount before release next week.

Thank you! Just what I was waiting on.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
yourmomhatesthis.com is nowawadays a website for calendar and cover letter templates, which my mom would actually very much enjoy.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does Horizon Zero Dawn have an unlock time?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

After playing the Horizon port for about an hour and running benchmarks... well it's not the worst launch day port I've seen, but I think you're probably gonna need a beefy system to overpower some of its shortcomings. It's also the most RAM hungry game I've seen in recent memory (!), like "must shut down Chrome before attempting to launch this" territory. I've been able to get it running pretty well and over 60fps at 1440p with some tweaks here and there, but if you don't have a good system I'd say wait and see at this point. I'm just disappointed because Horizon Zero Dawn is such a good game and I wouldn't want anybody's experiences to be less than stellar!

I mean isn't the game instantly better than on console, since it's playing above 30fps with increased graphical settings? I can't play it at 144fps at 1440p, but neither could anyone on PS4.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Deakul posted:

Spiritfarer hits kinda different tho

How is it? Thinking of getting it on the Switch but it seems like a short game for $30.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
RAM talk: I'm a PC gamer wannabee so I just realized after a year that my RAM was running at a third of its max speed, had to go into BIOS to make it run properly and I'm still not sure it had any effect.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I uninstalled FFXIV today. I can breathe again! Even though it was a good FF game through Shadowbringers, it is still a MMO and I can't play these subscription games without getting addicted and feeling guilty when I play anything else while my sub is active.

Yes, Shadowbringers was good, it had some awesome moments (excellent soundtrack), but unfortunately I wouldn't have given a poo poo about it if I had done a story skip, so playing the first 3 chunks of game is pretty mandatory in my opinion to get invested enough for the payoff. In retrospect I wish I had ignored the game and played 10 other good games over the last year, but since I didn't and played this one, eh idk I'm conflicted. I don't regret playing it since it was good, I never hated the game, and I ignored the parts I didn't like because if I bothered grinding multiple classes or whatever it would've became a multiple years-long project when I was ready to wrap it up a couple months ago. Shadowbringers got so much hype that I got trapped halfway into the time investment and didn't want to quit without getting to the good stuff, so I pushed through, got my fix and I'm out of here. I wouldn't recommend the game unless you want an MMO to devote yourself to. If you feel like having a MMO gaming year or two, definitely go for it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I think it's a PR thing. A cold, mechanical no sale no exceptions policy matches the mathematical motif of the game.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Kanfy posted:

After a long backlog stay I finally went and actually beat Yakuza 0, now who wants a cruiser since I've a bunch and they're taking an awful lot of space

drat I have Yakuza 0 in my backlog and you made me go on howlongtobeat. You play games harder than I play games, congratulations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
What's y'all's favorite Monster Hunter World weapon? Trying to get back in it, tried the heavy bowgun, thinking yeah I'll machine gun dinosaurs all day, but there aren't any wicked sweet combos, you just run a short distance and press the trigger. I can play any other thousand games to do that. My first 40 hours played two years ago was with the switch axe, which was cool but wanted to try something new this time around.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Great replies, thanks y'all. I slept on s&s because it seemed basic but I think I'll give it a try.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Morter posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QXr1VY2.mp4

:flashfact:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is a good game

Not trying to seem rude, but is this post serious? Looks like an average sneak attack that every game has nowadays, with added glitched out bugginess.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
God drat people posting about the Monster Hunter hammer were right. It's clearly the best. HAMMER. AAAhhh

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Steam reviewers

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

i was enjoying axiom verge until my character started hallucinating and the background turned into a wavy mess and now i need to do platforming like this and kill these tiny little dudes that are difficult to see and it loving sucks.

Now that's immersion!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
None of these poor goons will fare well in the contest, what happened to the good old fashioned goonswarm now it's all wah wah I'd rather authenticate my account and work for the MAN

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My first divorce was truly the first strand game

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm constantly surprised by people saying they want to play The Outer Worlds

They want to play New Vegas 2. We all do.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The squad got me looking at my PC like I'm a proud boy eyeing protestors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
As someone who never got past the ice level in Spelunky 1 I'm not going anywhere near 2 until people say it gets an easy mode patch and a Nintendo Switch release.