Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

e; wrong thread, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

If we're getting PS4 exclusives give me Persona 5 you cowards.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

As a gamer of legendary ability I think making games more accessible is cool.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I think they wrote articles about the quadriplegic guy who beat Sekiro because it's generally really loving hard for quadriplegic people to beat Sekiro, not because it's actually super doable for anyone with a debilitating handicap to trash the Guardian Ape.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Everyone expressing an opinion on the Red Army thus far in this thread has sounded like an idiot, an issue only compounded by the fact that this is the Steam thread.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

HopperUK posted:

A code for She*zhe* IO: AMGC0-M3EQ9-39PB*

Thanks!

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Pla$et Co?ster
3$5MT-6D0Q9-GY0W?

Been waiting for this to go on sale. Thanks!

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

That they couldn't find the originals for the FMVs is a huge bummer but I'm still incredibly hype for this. Here's hoping they get round to Tiberian Sun and RA2.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I had a great time with RDR2 personally, slow animations and restrictive mission design and all.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

The Silver Snail posted:

Very disappointed you weren't asking about a game involving apes with swords.

Yeah Sekiro's pretty good.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

It is with great sadness, as someone who played endless hours of SWAT 4 in my teen years, that I realize that I can no longer find it in my heart to play a pig game.

Just pretend you're playing as a revolutionary militia ruthlessly expropriating the deposed ruling class.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I really enjoyed Origins but does the quest UI looks like a placeholder to anyone else? Just a chunk of plain white text, save the main objective which has a weird WordArt gradient applied to it. Always seemed way out of place to me, as petty a thing as it is to have any feelings about at all.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

americanzero4128 posted:

A few months ago, my buddy Kragger99 gifted me Mafia 3. After spending ~40 hours into it (and not beating it yet) I decided to post my recommendation to this thread. Yes, it's an open world game that's kinda repetitive. However, I found the setting interesting, characters + story well written, and graphics nice to look at, and that's worth the time to me. Definitely recommend it, with a caveat - it's repetitive (sorta). You take over districts, and to do that, you have to kill enforcers and take out rackets. The rackets and enforcers are different in each district, but the idea and approach are similar. However, one district might have you taking out gambling stuff, another might have you taking out garbage cleaners (hitmen), and another might be fencing stolen goods. Is it an A+ game? Nah, but it's solid, and if the first few hours after the intro (I didn't think the intro did a good job of grabbing me) get you hooked like they did me, you should get a lot of enjoyment out of this one.

Plus, stabbing dudes who call me the N word never gets old.

Hell yeah. Imo Mafia III is a pretty mediocre gameplay experience that still rules because it nails its tone and sense of place so well. Cruising around New Bordeaux with the radio on and murdering the KKK never gets old.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Hayter was great as both Snakes, and though I respect and applaud Kojima using his industry cachet to force celebrities to hang out with him, Sutherland was dull as dishwater.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Imo Wolfenstein: TNC ripped and I can't wait for the next one. Genuinely funny game that actually has some understanding of fascism (and loving it up) beyond just using it as an aesthetic.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

been on a bit of an older game kick. I saw that Resident Evil 4 was on sale a weekish ago so I picked it up. Played waaaayy back on the Gamecube when it first came out and never beat it so felt it was to fix that issue. drat this game is awesome. Controls are a bit awkward but once you get used to them its a thrilling action game with dashes of horror mixed in. I will never get sick of suplexing cultists either. Managed to actually finish it this time and im already sizing up a professional run through.

Before I do that tho, I want to beat another classic that I never finished before, Deus Ex, the original. Thankfully I already own the Game of the Year edition. I recall that there might be some fan patch that fixes minor stuff. Is that something Ill want to look into, or is the game functional enough out of the box? Also, any tips or trap options I should avoid? I've only ever beaten the 1st level before dropping it years ago so Im gonna start from scratch again here.

*edit* dont worry, def gonna grab dat GEP gun

I always play Deus Ex with Kentie's Deus Exe and D3D10 Renderer for stability/modern resolution stuff. Lots of people who have played the game to death already will recommend Biomod or something similar, but in my humble imho the vanilla game still has plenty to offer a complete newcomer.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

Gotta admit, I am not sure that this is something any game ever needs to have, although I suppose the idea of having a storage box full of cybernetic dicks with various situational bonuses on them is kind of funny.

The Monster Factory ep is gonna be wild at least.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I really enjoyed the combat vs human opponents in Witcher 3. At least on Blood & Broken Bones difficulty, it really captured the sense of "I dramatically outclass these schmucks but will still absolutely eat it if I put a foot wrong", which I liked a lot.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

goferchan posted:

The Pillars of Eternity collection with the DLC is currently $16 on the Humble store and Fallout 4 is $15 :cheers:

(I highly recommend using isthereanydeal.com for this kind of stuff, it shows you deals on non-Steam sites while filtering out sketchy resellers like G2A etc, and it also has a price history function that can give you a sense of how often a game goes on sale and for how much)

As an addendum to this, the Augmented Steam Chrome/Firefox extension (made by the IsThereAnyDeal team) is really good. It'll tell you if a game you're looking at on Steam is available cheaper elsewhere, among a whole host of other stuff.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Sad thing is a part of me wants to rebuy just so they're in the same place. I guess they like people like me.

I have exactly this brain disease and it's truly a struggle not to rebuy Burnout Paradise for some dumb reason.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

about that Atlus appearance on the PC Gaming conference

https://twitter.com/SabiWabii/status/1270425150236712960

I, personally, willed these ports into existence and you are all welcome.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Man P4G has been out for like 25 mins and hasn't even been officially announced, yet it's already near the top of the Top Sellers list. Guess that bodes well for future Atlus releases.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

teaser image for new game from the Night in the Woods devs

https://twitter.com/theglorysociety/status/1272529409111621634

The Glory Society is a great name but I always initially confuse it with the studio founded by the ex-Failbetter sexpest dude.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Det_no posted:

Those fuckers at EA put the C&C Remastered Collection on sale starting today.

Lol goddammit. I literally waited till the Summer sale to grab it at a lower price, then just picked it up at full price when it didn't reduce on the first day.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

you, sir, have just lost three entire american dollars due to your impulsiveness

Deleting my steam account. Retiring to a life in the desert.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

The best part of ME3 was the krogan stuff, but the rest was let down by

Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

-KL

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

BexGu posted:

Oh there are still some there but they are pretty well hidden.

One I remember is if you romance Garrus you two go on a date and then have a flirtly sniper contest. If you are a solider / infentrator you have the option of making the last shot or letting Garrus win. Every other class miss the shot.

This happened for my Vanguard that didn't romance Garrus. Pretty sure it happens for everyone.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

graventy posted:

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
5Y7NF-???6E-N65VD
captain james t. ?i??

Grabbed this. Thanks!

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I'd like to claim the title of Biggest Idiot in that I think AC:Unity was actually kind of good and I wish they'd iterated on some of the stuff they tried in it more.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

Holding out hope Konami will take the remake approach like Resident Evil.

PSA that there's mods for both MGS1 and 2 on PC that at least make those games run really well on modern systems. It's not the updated ports of the entire series that I truly crave, but it's a nice stopgap.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

It's time to teach your kids some advanced math.

Very much recommend the Iconic Cap DLC.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Det_no posted:

What a weird world we live in.

This sucks. I love it.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

How's this Steam version of System Shock 2? Does that game run fine on modern machines or should I go looking at GOG if I wanted a version that just runs without loving with mods and whatnot?

Works fine. Nightdive are still (or were recently at least) putting out patches for it. They're also working on an Enhanced Edition of it unless they canned the project when I wasn't looking.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Control is #2 in the global top sellers list for me so I'm not entirely sure where the narrative that it's having an appalling steam launch is coming from.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Smh at the lack of team spirit in the Steam thread.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I remember that. Suddenly the "language is descriptive not prescriptive" guys were all up in arms and screeching at the protesters for using the imagery.

These seem like two fairly unrelated opinions to treat as mutually exclusive but alright.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Mordja posted:

No? You can't claim that "all words/symbols evolve depending on how people use them except for the specific ones I don't like and everyone using a pepe is definitely Nazi." It's hypocritical and something I saw flying around during the Hong Kong protests among the more Mao-adjacent parts of the internet

"It's okay to use literally as an intensifier" and "Symbols have a political history and connotations which contextualise and define them" are in fact not contradictory.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Sure I don't really give a poo poo about HK protesters using Pepe or whatever I just thought the post I quoted was an incredibly weak and nonsensical attempt to score an own on some imagined band of tankie opponents. :shrug:

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Looks like MGS 1 + 2 (and MG 1) are headed to a digital distribution network near you.

Bad news is it looks like literally just the old busted ports from the early 2000s repackaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Inclusive language is good who gives a poo poo.