Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Smol posted:

Wish I had more time. Right now, my backlog consists of (in no particular order, just games I picked up from the sale)

RDR2
Gris
Prey
Plague Tale: Innocence
Disco Elysium
Sekiro

Before all that, I gotta finish up this playthrough of Witcher 3. Oh and I kinda got the itch to play the Dragon Age series again, so that might make things more complicated :shepface:

Gris and Plague Tale: Innocence can be beaten fairly quickly compared to the rest, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Disposable Scud posted:

X-COM: The Bureau is well worth 4 clams.

You're right, X-COM: The Bureau is not worth actual money but stuff you find on the ground at the beach.

The game is not worth playing through.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Well DVD boxes with the code inside them, only a few include the actual disks. The Steam ones download a good chunk of the game, even after "installing".

I miss physical PC boxes, our stores stopped doing PC years ago.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Sininu posted:

I'm insane and did the pre order for the C&C 25th Anniversary Edition. Shipping was 50 dollars. Heck.

Did the same after I did the calculations and realised that I needed a metal Mammoth more than food.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Network42 posted:

Someone give me some Bannerlord hot takes please.

You currently cannot use a Banner as a weapon or play as a Banner. 0/10 - no wonder its in Early Access.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Farming Simulator 2019 Tournament. Because we all need this in our lives!

https://www.twitch.tv/giantssoftware

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm considering picking up No Man's Sky at some point in the near future. Any gotcha reason not to? I just want something kinda chill to build stuff\explore. I don't mind a little combat.

As someone who explored it early on and "beat" the game, it was relaxing and fun. It current version is a little too complicated for it's own good, but there is more to explore now.

Someday I'll jump back in again.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Frog Act posted:

shame, I was about ready to grab it based on Streum being the developers and I just want them to have money on account of EYE, but it sounds like it just doesn't hold up

i'm shocked that they were given the license and didn't manage to do something incredible with it

They are currently working on another Warhammer 40K FPS for Focus Home Interactive, so still waiting to see that one.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ZearothK posted:

All I want is E.Y.E. 2, featuring good map design. It has fantastic guns and powers and mobility and all, but most of the maps blew.

Bite your tongue, those maps were amazing... for 16-32 player co-op.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

A month old but I pre-ordered the $150 version cause :retrogames:

Just bear in mind that both editions will be delayed due to the pandemic, so I'll be waiting to play it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread so I don't know if this game is a thread darling yet (I sure hope so!), but in case it isn't: World of Horror is Junji Ito the Video Game, and it's loving amazing. It plays like an Arkham Horror that's actually faithful to it's source material, the visuals are loving outstanding, it's ridiculously replayable before even leaving Early Access, I can't recommend it enough.

Everything about it is outstanding. The music and sound effects are on point and set the tone so well. The options are incredible, changing from 1 bit to 2 bit makes a world of difference. I'd set it to green to get that Amstrad feel. The only reason I'm not playing it over and over is I want to wait for the full release.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I am all on board of Chimera Squad, especially since it seems to have way more charm and personality than Phoenix Point.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
XCOM Chimera Squad is also a brilliant palette cleanser if you had been feeling down from trying to play Phoenix Point...

It's full of charm and character.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

They have between now and December/early 2021, that's an eternity and anything can happen, so I will continue to hold out hope. It's either that or getting a time machine and going back and stopping myself from backing it. :v:

They recently released Blood and Titanium, one of the three announced dlc packs, with two ones they were waiting to announce later in the year. It brought some improvements and rescaled the difficulty, but it also messed with some peoples saves. They had a weird Backer offer where if you have ordered the Signature edition / Deluxe Edition, you got the Season Pass for free. It wasn't very clear and took ages to get out versions to people. As for the state of the game, you may have to wait a while on Steam to see if mods can help it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Memnaelar posted:

The new Lobotomy Corporation translation is a goddamn miracle. Mechanics are comprehensible, dialogue, while very occasionally stilted, is much more easy to follow... And some jerks are complaining about a fan-led translation because they miss their wacky Engrish.

*sigh* Anyway, game was always good, but now it actually tracks much more cleanly. High recommend.

I found most of the changes to be for the better, but I don't like how they changed [Redacted] to be XXXX, just kind of messes with my head while I read the Bios.

As for the game, it's still amazing, now to remember all my weird combos for the different artifacts.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They have it on the Epic Game Store, but not on Steam, so prepare to wait if you are so inclined.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Dropping this here, hope you enjoy it.

Ci?ies: Skylines - G?MM8-8JEDI-YRXRM

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Pressing space to upgrade is some kind of sorcery. Command and Conquer Remaster is all kinds of incredible.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
That bundle is nuts, like Tonight We Riot only just came out and its just there with a tonne of other we respected indie games.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I wish The Stadia Thread was open, because it looks like Stadia version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be delayed. I was looking forward to the accusations of CD Projek Red delaying it to hurt Google to hit the thread.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Got to mess around with GeForce Now and it's some kind of witchcraft... It actually works with my internet and the results look incredible. Hopefully Steam will push through their streaming add on to work with it, because the log into Steam every time thing was a bit annoying.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Cyberpunk got delayed again, to November 19th, so there's another reason I'm waiting impatiently for that month to roll around.

Can't believe they delayed it so it could be released on Stadia.... :stadia:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I really want to love Focus Home Interactive, but boy did they gently caress up with their licencing agreement with Frogwares. I hope they improve things and don't just cut off developers when their agreements run out.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Christ, I'll take Forts and it's messed up controls any day over this... How do they mess up the Holy Handgrenade Music...

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
First Lowtax gets rid of FYAD again, and now this!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Isn't that the magnet puzzle game that manages to get how magnets work wrong?

So that's why I could never beat it!

Actually I bounced off of it really early, partially because of being confused by a puzzle, mostly because it wasn't grabbing me.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 26, 2020

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Sininu posted:

Could I get some recommendations for some incredible, not too difficult games with beautiful soundtracks that have at least some songs with vocals and can be ran on crappy integrated graphics card.
Bastion and Transistor are two that are in my mind rn.

If you have a stable connection / 5G internet connection, you could use GeForce Now, which ran on my old laptop with its integrated graphics card.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Wow, these Ubisoft games are getting more and more realistic!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

not only is demon’s souls not coming out on pc anymore, but they’re deleting horizon from pc too!!

Maybe Horizon getting deleted is for the best...

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

So did Phoenix Point never get good between patches/DLC/mods? Wait, were there any mods for it?

Phoenix Point was a struggle to play as Gollop actively messed with the game. With every patch. Some would made previous saves unusable, some ramped the difficulty right up for.no reason, some broke the AI. The Devs created an open document where people submitted bugs, changes and other stuff and that thing was a mile long and still has stuff that needs fixing.

Mod support is barren, because the updates mess with that as well. The DLC actively improves the game, but that costed extra unless you were a backer. Blood and Titanium made combat encounters fun and the latest one is big stompy orb robots, so not sure on it yet.

If you supported the game before 2019 (Devs give a date on their website) Backers will get a free Steam key for Phoenix Point Game of the year edition, but will have to pay for any new DLC which comes out, which Gollop claimed was always a thing, which pissed Backers off who funded the Legendary edition.

Game at launch was a 4/10, now about a 7/10, mod support and the third DLC could bump it up further.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just got that same message from Lex Averial on Steam, who was a Goon on the Steam Gift Thread from a while back.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just got the same from Daikoku, another Goon.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I think it's mostly accounts that don't have Steam Guard enabled, as it would send the code to your phone or email it to you.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
EGS has achievements for Hades.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
XCOM are and always were the future police, from harmfully detaining aliens that were mind controlled into invading Earth, to using excessive and lethal force in hostage situations.

At least in Chimera Squad, XCOM were painted as equal part overly eager murder machines and worn down vets looking to join the force and change how things go. The alien species in the game are more human, just chatting about new restaurants and wanting to hang out, while the humans are still shook about a war they barely fought in.

Plus Torque is a likable sassy snake and I will fight for her honour!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

OK? I can tell Chimera Squad is spawning a lot of blistering takes for whatever reason and I'm sure it's a great game but lol at trying to frame previous games where Earth is explicitly being invaded by aliens as some kind of 2020-policing metaphor.

Well XCOM Enemy Unknown sees you as an overfunded squad willing to cause property damage to get your man while only using Stun weapons when it suits you. XCOM 2 sees you getting drastically defunding while the world tries to move on....

Nope, I'm not dealing with that can of worms.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ErrEff posted:

Serious Sam 4 was such a huge success on Stadia that Croteam had to sell the studio.

God I wish the Stadia thread was open, even if it's just for the Cyberpunk launch.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

If you're bored waiting for Cyberpunk may I reccomend G-STRING for the low, low price of :20bux:? Source engine FPS made over the course of 12 years by a single Japanese woman. The opening crawl alone should sell some people:

But I have to warn you, it's basically Kaizo Half Life 2, with some fuckin' brutal first person platforming segments. I definitely had to console noclip my way through some of the tougher segments. But it's weird as all-gently caress, and quite an impressive feat for a single person to have done everything. Some pretty sick Blade Runner esque aesthetics running through it.

The writing and worldbuilding is really well done, and incredibly on the nose, which I won't spoil for you.

Sweet, I was looking for a fun distraction. Otherwise I'd be jumping back onto E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy again.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Iverron posted:

Anyone have impressions on Curse of the Dead Gods? Seems like it stands the chance to be a good Hades sort of thing and $12 seems like a good deal to lock in on before 1.0 price increases, etc.

It's still fairly rough in EA, so I would almost say wait till full release, even if it saves you some money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I think Cyberpunk only having one vagina option is really going to hurt it for me in the long run. I can see why people are so conflicted.