Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Can you still play the old Bulletstorm? I keep meaning to install it but then I remember GFWL and hesitate.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bulletstorm#Play_without_Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE

I tried this about a year ago and it worked just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Orv posted:

WITCHFIRE.

Which is really just :discourse:

E: But it also makes me sad for that abortive Techland undead crusaders melee game or whatever that was.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/226920/Hellraid/

I will never remove this game from my wishlist

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Any thoughts on outward as a 2 player coop game?

Outward's a lot of fun with 2 people, you can drop in and out with co-op at any time. Just be aware that story progress is only updated for whomever is hosting the game, so you'll want to make sure the same person is hosting every time.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

A friend bought me NIOH at the last big Steam sale, and I finally got around to playing it today. It feels like a really off-brand Dark Souls on first impression, and I was kind of shocked to see it came out as recently as 2017. Does it improve after the Tower of London and I just need to get over the initial hump or is this indicative of the game going forward? I'd like to give it a proper chance, especially considering it was a gift, but not if I'm gonna be banging my head against the same wall for 20-30 hours.

The tower of london bit is really rough because you don't get access to any of the skill trees or ninja magic. Give it another try once you reach Japan and actually get to actually pick up some abilities.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

The answer is written on that stick you've got up your rear end. Tell me if you ever manage to get it out.

You're pathetic lmao

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Steam thread should go back to talking about games, oh hey I hear Humble has a pretty good one.

And no need to keep quoting me, I'm out/don't care.

idk, sounds like you decided to succumb to censorship

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

buglord posted:

yeah the invisible multiplayer aspect is really cool and never felt like it was making things too easy. I know someone upthread mentioned they turned it off, but I'd implore them to reenable it because it makes sense thematically and trying to build highway networks on your own would be stupidly tedious. its a great podcast game I 100%'d, which is something I hardly ever do nowadays.

Plus you have to make the first journey on foot with only your own structures and supplies, and then once you reach out there are people to help you almost as if that's the entire thematic point of the game lmao

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Yeah, I just did the first delivery to the Spiritualist prepper and it was amazing. Luckily I had all the right gear prepared for that journey, there wasn't a single scratch on any of the containers. But it was great to be able to rely on others to make the way back a bit quicker.

A real protip, especially once you unlock (structure spoiler) zip-lines is if you find someone with a structure in a real good place you can enter a bridge contract with them and it will make their structures more likely to appear in your world. I found someone with a zip line network and once I entered into a contract with them I had to place maybe 1 or 2 to complete the line from the mountaineer to the spiritualist. Zip lines are really good when roads are not an option.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Mordja posted:

I remember hearing Sunset Overdrive was pretty good, anyone with the sell? I'm kind of thinking of putting Cyberpunk down until it's more fixed and I have a better computer but could use a big open world game to occupy my time.

I didn't get too far in that game because I found the game's attempts at being counter-culture and anti-capitalist to feel extremely fake and cringey

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Deakul posted:

Battlefield as a franchise isn't even really worth checking out anymore since the latest entries are hacker havens, all of the Day of Defeat-esque games are dead, Medal of Honor has been dead, the historical Call of Duties are mostly dead or loaded with servers that have dumb rules, and that probably covers it?

The latest Call of Duty is set during the 80s which is pretty historical unless you specifically mean set during WW2. It's also on sale until Jan 4th or something.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Black Ops Cold War is about as "historical" as the world's worst Tom Clancy novel, not one actually written by him, but one of those terrible post-death ghost-written schlockfests.

Then again maybe the one where the super cool Tier-1 agents in training pull Glocks out of their fanny picks in the middle of a mall when terrorists suddenly attack and go wild'n'out is probably about the level of "historical" you'd expect from BOCWar.

:shrug: they said they wanted arcady shooting and didn't want to touch hardcore stuff, I figured the historical bit of the question was more aesthetics than actual concrete history

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Jamfrost posted:

You can knock out Mules with your truck. It feels real good.

I also like getting headshots with the bola gun. If you unlocked the other non-lethal tools, those are nice as well. Smoke grenades are awesome.

One thing that people seem to always miss about the bola gun is that you can permanently knock out someone you've tied up (not headshot) with the gun by running up to them and pressing the melee button to kick them. The bola gun is just hilariously powerful once you know about this.

Drizvolta fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

buglord posted:

Does anyone have that dev interview with the dark souls guy who said he wanted the DS experience to be a sort of transitory social thing? Similar to people forming momentary bonds on the subway as they all acknowledge the barbecue shrimp homeless man blocking one of the doors and they just wanna go home

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/45eppw/the_origin_of_the_souls_multiplayer_system/

The link to the full interview is there as well.